Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,982 members, 7,893,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 02:32 PM

Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m (730 Views)

Ex-employee Sues Bank For N100 Billion / Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion / Firm Demands N200m From OAU For 1982 Building Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by AloyEmeka6: 5:05am On Nov 17, 2009
Nigerian citizen sues airline for N200m
Monday, November 16, 2009 - Sunday Ejike Benjamin

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=10555&z=12

A Nigerian citizen, Ike Onyechere has filed a N200 million suit against KLM Royal Dutch Airline as general and exemplary damages for treating him like a drug carrier and common criminal thereby subjecting him to public ridicule, embarrassment and loss of reputation and emotional trauma.

He is also demanding a refund N619.924.00 from the airline being the cost of the ticket which he was prevented from using and the cost of transportation from Edgeway Street, London to the Airline’s office at Hurtinecross and from Abuja to Lagos to lay complaint and seek redress in the defendant’s offices in London and Abuja.

Justice Olusumbo Goodluck of an Abuja High Court has fixed December 12, 2009 for hearing after the Airline (defendant) entered appearance and filed its statement of defence.

The defence’s counsel, James Onoja agreed that the plaintiff purchased its ticket but denied maltreating him.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by SeanT21(f): 5:09am On Nov 17, 2009
You go boy.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 17, 2009
All these oyinbos know our tendencies as drug barons,so i wouldnt say much if the guy was mishandled.Anyhow no drug was found on him,so that makes his case a good one.,kudos boy
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by puskin: 6:52am On Nov 17, 2009
This is a case of "I must be RICH come Dec. 2009".
200million naira. The guy na "thief".
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by princekevo(m): 7:22am On Nov 17, 2009
puskin:

Can you tell me the price reputation if you think he is a theif? Has it occoured to you that good reputation is priceless. No amount of money they can pay that worths it.
That some Nigerians are drug Barons does'nt mean every Nigerian should be subject to ridicule, embarrassment, and public humiliation. To the extent they refused him from flying.
What if he was flying for a crucial business meeting abroad, they will jst ruine his meeting and you assume 200million naira is to big for such damages.
I wish he proves his case in the court so that all those stupid airlines will learn how to treat Nigerians with respect, coz not all Nigerians are stupid and greedy.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by walakolobo: 8:29am On Nov 17, 2009
can you tell us the full story of what happened?
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2009
puskin:

rotflmao cheesy
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by FBS: 8:55am On Nov 17, 2009
Good move.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by AloyEmeka6: 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2009

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by texazzpete(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
princekevo:

That some Nigerians are drug Barons does'nt mean every Nigerian should be subject to ridicule, embarrassment, and public humiliation. To the extent they refused him from flying.
What if he was flying for a crucial business meeting abroad, they will jst ruine his meeting and you assume 200million naira is to big for such damages.
I wish he proves his case in the court so that all those stupid airlines will learn how to treat Nigerians with respect, coz not all Nigerians are stupid and greedy.

And similarly, just because he's a Nigerian like yourself it doesn't mean he has a valid case and that the airline treated him with disrespect. Are you privy to all the details of the case?
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by donjon: 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2009
Bold move!
Itz about damn time they got served.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by donjon: 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2009
Bold move!
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by donjon: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
Bold move!
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
Good one, am really happy Nigerains are not just complaining in newspapers but taking action.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by AloyEmeka6: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2009
aisha2:

Good one, am really happy Nigerains are not just complaining in newspapers but taking action.
The guy sounds like a gold digger to me.
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by AjanleKoko: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

The guy sounds like a gold digger to me.
Haba, cos he's asking to get paid for the insult?
He's too conservative for me. I woulda hit them for a billion.
Out of court might take it down to 150 mill. Call it . . . reparations! grin
Re: Nigerian Citizen Sues Airline For N200m by chika98: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hopefully he gets something outta them

(1) (Reply)

What Must One Do To Be Accepted By Google Adsense? / Become An Sms Consultant / Is Internet Business Still Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.