Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,729 members, 7,882,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

Local Vs Foreign Affiliate Program: Which One Is Best To Promote As A Blogger? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Local Vs Foreign Affiliate Program: Which One Is Best To Promote As A Blogger? (799 Views)

Easy Way Make Money Online 2019 ( Best Paying Affiliate Program) / Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger / What Ad Network Is The Best To Monitize A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Local Vs Foreign Affiliate Program: Which One Is Best To Promote As A Blogger? by PMenaha: 12:20am On Dec 21, 2016
It’s no longer news that the e-commerce industry in Nigeria has boomed. Initially it used to be Amazon and eBay as the only online market to buy from. But today, it’s a different story as now we do have the likes of Jumia, Konga, Jiji and so many others.

When it comes to getting products especially latest gadgets, Nigerians rush to mainly Konga or Jumia and this has created an opportunity for bloggers and internet marketers in Nigeria to earn some cash.

Unlike those days when Google Adsense used to be the only source of income for bloggers, affiliate marketing in Nigeria is booming rapidly. This is evident in the high number of bloggers promoting Amazon, eBay, Jumia and Konga through their affiliate link.

Personally, I’ve worked with different affiliate programs both local and foreign and I must say, some of them was worth the effort.

A lot of issues have raised concerning local and foreign affiliate programs. Some bloggers in Nigeria claims foreign affiliate program pay higher (as they pay in US dollars) and thus the best, while others prefer local as it easy to set up. There are arguments here and there and this gets potential affiliate marketers more confused.

As a result, I have decided to share my experience with both foreign and local affiliate networks, their pros and cons all in this article.

Local Affiliate Program:

With thousands of sales per day, we can’t deny the fact that our local E-commerce sites are doing great. Konga, for instance, reportedly makes 2,000 sales every day. Jumia on the other hand makes almost the same thing. Though there are few negative feedback that the Konga and Jumia affiliate program is loosely coded and tracking is not so strong.

Pros of Local Affiliate Programs:

1. It’s easy to set up an affiliate account.
2. Since they pay in Naira, collecting your money is really simple.
3. Most Nigerians buy products from local affiliate programs so the conversation rate is high

Cons of Local Affiliate Program:

1. The Naira currency value you’re paid with is low compared with dollars foreign affiliate programs pays.
2. There are reports that earnings which shows up on the panel might decrease later and in some cases, totally disappear.
3. There are also reports of delay in payment.
4. Low commission rate.
5. No daily reports is one drawback I found though you may have weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.

Foreign Affiliate Programs:

Indeed, foreign affiliate programs are the most sort out among Nigerian bloggers for various reasons.

Pros of Foreign Affiliate Programs:

1. Daily reports and properly sorted out earnings, order reports.
2. Most of them like amazon and eBay are reputable companies, so no need to fear about your money unless you went against their terms and conditions.
3. With the current value of Naira in the market, being paid in dollars by foreign affiliate programs is a huge plus.

Cons of Foreign Affiliate Programs:

1. As a Nigerian, account verification is not easy. you have to go through a lot of processes.
2. Receiving your payment is also another task. it’s simple though if you follow the right channel.
3. Their commission rate especially on amazon are low.

Both local and foreign affiliate program are good. If you’re a beginner in affiliate marketing in Nigeria, I would recommend you start with the local ones. The above analysis is based on my opinion and experience.

What about you? What other suggestions do you have? Which one do you prefer? feel free to share your comment with us. One love!

http://becometechie.com/local-foreign-affiliate-program-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

New Way To Verify Your Google Adsense Account Without Pin / Need A Web Developer To Help Develop A Soccer Betting Prediction Website / Pinfeeds Digital Agency 1000 Businesses 2018 Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.