Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,661 members, 7,892,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:38 PM

DECIDED Travel To UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DECIDED Travel To UK (1142 Views)

First-time Trip To UK With UK Passport: Please Advise! / Two Women Vs 3 Muslim Men On A Flight From Turkey To UK (Photos) / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DECIDED Travel To UK by tokswealth01(f): 4:18am On Dec 21, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] [b][/b]Pls I need ur advice !!!!

My name is ola I am a british citizen.I ve been living in nigeria since I was 5 years old when I came back from abroad with my parents.

I had my primary,secondary and tertiary education in nigeria.I am married to a nigerian guy for 8 yrs now and we have 2 kids.

I started working in 2009 as a civil servant in nigeria till date.

if I decide to travel to uk with my kids..what is the most like period I hav to wait for my husband to join me in uk and what visa will my husband apply for.
ola -
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by chukxie(m): 7:26am On Dec 21, 2016
I don't have the answers to your questions. However, I have a suggestion. Since you're British ( I'm assuming you have overwhelming evidences to prove you're in British), I think it's better you pay the British Embassy a visit. That's the best places to find answers to your questions. Best of luck.
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2016
tokswealth01:

My name is ola I am a british citizen.I ve been living in nigeria since I was 5 years old when I came back from abroad with my parents.

I had my primary,secondary and tertiary education in nigeria.I am married to a nigerian guy for 8 yrs now and we have 2 kids.

if I decide to travel to uk with my kids..what is the most like period I hav to wait for my husband to join me in uk and what visa will my husband apply for.
ola -

Assuming all things work well, almost 12 months
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2016
tokswealth01:

ola -

Do you have a valid British Passport? Or documentations to proof your status, for passport application?
Travelling with the kids initially would slow things down (how do you intend to manage kids, job, housing and other spousal visa documents prerequisites)?

You need to write lots of points down and weigh so many critical points (it's not a cheap visa to apply for and the documentation threshold is higher).
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by tokswealth01(f): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2016
Yes I have valid british passport ,including my children...sir
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
tokswealth01:
Yes I have valid british passport ,including my children...sir

How do you intend to manage childcare, job and meeting the 'financial requirements' in the shortest possible time?
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by tokswealth01(f): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
That will be too hard @ the sme time
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
tokswealth01:
That will be too hard @ the sme time

Dere you go. So best to leave kids in Nigeria, get yourself sorted (accomodation, job etc etc). Start gathering all documents for spousal visa application, once all that is completed.
Apply for spousal visa (priority application), bring kids over and await husband's arrival.
It would be a very capital intensive project, but if needs must.
NB: My advice is for guidance
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by souljaboi51(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by tokswealth01(f): 6:16am On Dec 28, 2016
sir, how many years will that take me becus i dont want to be too far to my family.
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by tokswealth01(f): 6:26am On Dec 28, 2016
and the issue of british leaving the eu, hope this will not affect me. bcus am new in the system....pls i need ur ideas and ability to make it work out for me, my kids n husband.
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 6:31am On Dec 28, 2016
tokswealth01:
and the issue of british leaving the eu, hope this will not affect me. bcus am new in the system....pls i need ur ideas and ability to make it work out for me, my kids n husband.

Article 50 has not been triggered yet, the British are still in the EU.
Even after trigger, people would still reside in the United Kingdom, and they would still survive.......
You have been advised on all the methods of migration. If you are expecting someone to say, it's going to be as easy as ABC, that nobody knows.
The ultimate decision resides with you........
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by tokswealth01(f): 6:34am On Dec 28, 2016
thank u sir
Re: DECIDED Travel To UK by souljaboi51(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Just read through the rules and regulations on the home office website. You might have to get a job in the UK first though so you can support your family

(1) (Reply)

Canada Vs Netherland / Watch My Experience: Living In Turkey For Over 20 Years As A Foreigner / Some One Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.