Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

Please Advice Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice Me (973 Views)

Help! Am I Responsible For This Pregnancy? Please Advice / Am I Being Set Up? A Married Woman Said I Impregnated Her. Please Advice / Please Advice Me On How To Quit This Frustrating And Tormenting Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 22, 2016
morning everyone. i need help with this. it's eating me up.

i broke up with my ex cos of religious issues. am a Christian he's a Muslim. he's a nice Guy but my family refused our relationship
we called a quit last year but still friends on Facebook we have started talking again but the old spark is back again. i see myself falling inlove all over again with him. he said that he's having the same feeling for me

please am confused. i feel like am making a big mistake by disobeying my family.

please no insult. just help me like. a sister
Re: Please Advice Me by dingbang(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2016
I have no advise for u.
Re: Please Advice Me by okenwa(m): 11:02am On Dec 22, 2016
It will not last. Quit
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2016
okenwa:
It will not last. Quit

thanks
Re: Please Advice Me by iamharkinwaley: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2016
With ur write up you're still a young girl.Well I will say you should follow ur heart and are you sure he did not have gf or side chick already....... make you no enter one chance bcoz of feelings.
Re: Please Advice Me by falconey(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2016
you have to let it go and this time permanently, what's the point of starting it when you know very well your family will wage war against the union.you don't want that trust me.
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2016
If you're dating for the fun of it, quit it.

If it's going to lead to marriage, go on
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2016
Hmmm...Spice up your Fashion this Yuletide season. Please check my signature.

For those that have bought. Thanks for your patronage.
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2016
Spark plugs have a time the burn and die. That's for your spark. Sister, let go of him, for future reasons. I have seen this case before. He is the Man here. the best is yet to come.
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 22, 2016
If you love the guy, stick to him irrespective of religion difference or other people's opinion. This is your life and not you family's own.
Re: Please Advice Me by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:20am On Dec 22, 2016
Feels bad to know that you ain't gonna marry the person you truly love, religion difference is a very sensitive issue between couples these days, what it may cause between you two outweighs the love you have for each other, breaking up with him may be a necessary precautionary step to avert future rues and regrets and especially when you won't have your parents' blessing.
Re: Please Advice Me by samdavjustin(m): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2016
Are u ready to convert to Muslims if yes then go ahead because that's what his family will expect from u. If no then respect yourself and find another man before it's too late.
Re: Please Advice Me by Vincent41(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2016
ladypearl45:

i broke up with my ex cos of religious issues. am a Christian he's a Muslim. he's a nice Guy but my family refused our relationship
we called a quit last year but still friends on Facebook we have started talking again but the old spark is back again. i see myself falling inlove all over again with him. he said that he's having the same feeling for me

please am confused. i feel like am making a big mistake by disobeying my family.

i have no advise for u but will advise u when u get belle and maybe becomes his wife and later changes Religion..lol..Them go chop ur head off
Re: Please Advice Me by Nelgenius4me(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
Girl, it is good to fall in love..marriage comes with a lot of baggage. The guy is a Muslim and you are a Christian, things can only be good if one of you convert to the other's religion. If you can't convert to Islam and your boyfriend isn't ready to join you in your Christian's faith, I take God beg you kiss good bye to the issue of "falling in love".
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
i dont know why... in this part of the world.. RELIGION is a very sensitive issue..

let me break down the future... i.e if it leads to marriage...
.. you will i mean must only marry him without blessing. *blessing? let me just say consent* .. its easier for a christain guy to marry the opposite religion.. than for a lady...
... mgbo u must convert offcourse after marriage.. because one thing in marriage is the fact that LOVE fades.. common ulld agree things would get different...
.... if u convert ure safe from them... endangered by ur family.. if u dont ure not safe.. if ur guy converts *shoo hes dead* *ok too harsh lets say endagered*
... ur kids what happens in africa the man is incharge so lets say theres a way u both kept to ur beliefs.. howd the kids cope obviously its either divided or the mans way...

...family is so important u dont wanna risk it.. just dont do it...
it might not be love.. ure probably needy and too fund of each other...
path ways its for the best...
Re: Please Advice Me by yomi007k(m): 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
undecided

Stop killing ursef.

Muslims n christians get married daily.

The world has evoled. Check below for more info.

https://www.nairaland.com/3533110/cute-daughter-proud-afonja-pretty
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
A cousin was in the same situation. Her Guy converted to Christianity, their trad marriage is this month.
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
joshysmartie:
i dont know why... in this part of the world.. RELIGION is a very sensitive issue..

let me break down the future... i.e if it leads to marriage...
.. you will i mean must only marry him without blessing. *blessing? let me just say consent* .. its easier for a christain guy to marry the opposite religion.. than for a lady...
... mgbo u must convert offcourse after marriage.. because one thing in marriage is the fact that LOVE fades.. common ulld agree things would get different...
.... if u convert ure safe from them... endangered by ur family.. if u dont ure not safe.. if ur guy converts *shoo hes dead* *ok too harsh lets say endagered*
... ur kids what happens in africa the man is incharge so lets say theres a way u both kept to ur beliefs.. howd the kids cope obviously its either divided or the mans way...

...family is so important u dont wanna risk it.. just dont do it...
it might not be love.. ure probably needy and too fund of each other...
path ways its for the best...

thanks
Re: Please Advice Me by twosquare(m): 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
ladypearl45:

I wont even lecture you on the nitty-gritty of not becoming unequally yoke which you should know as a Christian. However, can you vouch that 15 years to this time, his love wey still dey do you both grahgrah will be there...won't he marry another wife on top of you later since it is "meh". Even Christian to Christian marriages pass through fire and divorce do happen...when all those feelings dissipates and it's all gone, will you be able to take the heat? I will advise you to listen to your parents and stop that discussion for your own good because you don't know yet what you really want. Shut down those emotions and ask yourself if you really want this? Before you can enter into a marital relationship with someone...look through into the future with the eyes of foresight if God grants you (without bias), and don't look at Now...if you can stay with such a fellow through perils and family recession and if such a person can stay with you through same. If you meditate on these things, then we will likely have less problems in marriages. It is beyond those feelings o...it is a commitment of oath and "swearing" unto whatever comes. Feelings will go, love may dwindle, and sexual appeal may evaporate but being True (truth) and Faithful will keep us going.

As the saying goes in Yoruba: Eni bi ti eda wa...eeyan bi Eledumare ni o si (there is always someone like the other people in the world, but no one like God). Meaning he is nice, but there are better people out there in being nice and also nice like him. Above all, I know how you feel...ire oo
Re: Please Advice Me by Sexxkillz: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
The relationship will end in tears. Don't bother.

Convert and marry never works for anyone in the long run. . . fuck_ love in this instance and use your brain to see your own future.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
dingbang:
I have no advise for u.
me too. She already had her mind made up to return to the relationship so what advice are we supposed to give her?

(1) (Reply)

South African Man On Why Nigerians Take Their Women / Sodom And Gomorrah!! Compilation Of Ratchetness Photos From Kenya Ladies (photo) / Meet The Actress Allegedly Responsible For Tonto Dikeh’s Troubled Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.