Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,854 members, 7,872,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) (17655 Views)

12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) / Breaking News: Uniabuja Inaugurates Newly Elected SUG Officials / See The Ridiculous Notice I Saw At FUTA This Morning (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Femich18(m): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
wow...FUTA my great Alma Mater always in the news for the wrong reasons nowadays
morscino:
Mogbe!...SUG officials kneeling down inside sch premises...I miss OOU...My boys dem go don throway so tey police sef go run forget cap...

OOU SUG official (Get Sense) wey beat soldier inside sch..till 2mao notin happen.
FUTA? no be school wey I go? During our time lecturer fit flog student sef and nothing go happen... They are always afraid of their GPs

1 Like

Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by RyanMontana: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Yello1(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Which police go do that for akungba back den. Oga oo aluta has just been slain on d altar of fear.
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by harshemeyou: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
oga oooooo school stuffffffffff
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by hussei: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
God will help us.
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by AloyalNigerian(m): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2016
FUTA JAC, stop this sh*t nah. Please, I wanna resume. sad angry
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by muyibaba222(m): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
MykLANNY:
Naija... The SUG P.R.O wud be like President you know say na our final session be this make we just respect the policemen afterall they r our elders so that we go fit graduate.. At least Great Nigerian Student don see say we r nt folding our arms doing nothing

FUTA is not like that. The president will still have at least 2 years in the school
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Twizzy30(m): 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lmao. Who dis comrades epp? Make dem flog dia head wit pankere
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Pro2makx(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
Barrywilly:
See lack of home training. Some spoilt brats referring to the Assu, Nasu and Ssanu as co-union. It is an act of utter disrespect. They should be taught the lessons their parents failed to teach them at their respective homes.
Mallam Sule, u obviously don't know much. As far as unionism is concerned they r co-union. The SUG protects the interest of the student, ASSU and the rest protect the interest of the staff. Dude read the lips, on NO GROUND!! NO GROUND AT ALL!!! does ASUU have the right to kneel those comrade down they represent thousands of students. That is a serious insult on the population of student they represent. Don't say what u don't know. And for ur info, the Nigerian police has no business in a school campus, it is not a jurisdiction for em. They will only enter by order from above, if u like as a student burn the whole school, they r not permitted to enter. Don't just talk, attach little sense.

1 Like

Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Crhedrys: 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2016
Produke:
Where were the other students.Abi dem no sabi mobilise?

you mobilize in FUTA, you face panel and might not graduate on time. I finished from FUTA.
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Crhedrys: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
I can assure you nothing is going to come out of this, I was once a student of FUTA. We were cheated by common NURTW people, nothing happened those who gathered to fight back some people were actually called to face panel. So this is FUTA, its not a school where SUG have a say or whatsoever, just go to school, READ, PASS, EXCEL and you shall be celebrated. Because my people FUTA is not a school of forming one union or trying to start one ALUTA. You'll just end up graduating same year as those in OAU, best thing is to settle it and move on.
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by emmydollars4life(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
To me I will gladly knee down or even roll on the floor, hmmmm before Police use you collect Rank. Have you forgot that police shoot anyhow now than before.
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by favouryemmy: 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nairadean:
FUTA crisis: Assault on SUG officials by NPF and FUTA JAC, Barbaric

The Students Union Government officials of the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) was yesterday, 21st December, 2016, reportedly assaulted by some men of the Nigerian Police within the institution's premises. This related act will be the third in recent times coming from the Nigerian Police Force against Nigerian students.

Even though we are yet to ascertain the cause of the assault, we are astonished by the action meted out to the student union officials by members of a co-union on campus, which comprise of the Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU), Non Academic Staff Union (NASU), Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), called Joint Action Congress (JAC) of Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA).

This remains a "huge slap" on the students of the institution and Nigerian students atlarge. According to an eye witness, as revealed on the facebook timeline of an alumni and former President of FUTASUG --Salami Ismail El'sama, "JAC members (more than 150) held the FUTASUG officials (about 10) hostage. They knelt them down. They beat them. Then they incited the gullible policemen to harass, assault, arrest and whisk them away from the campus!"

We call on necessary authorities to probe the cruel act as soon as possible to forestall future replication while the Nigerian Police Force are urged to be more professional when called to intercept student related matters.

Arise O Youth Patriots, Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1275801419160964&id=182330288508088&__tn__=%2As

Op, you need to get your facts right before posting. How can you say that ASUU is a member of JAC? This is erroneous! JAC is made up of NASU, SSANU & NAAT. So why mention ASUU in this matter except that a member of ASUU was also assaulted along with the students. By the way, it is unfortunate that leaders of FUTASU, not FUTASUG, were assaulted but the perpetrators shall be brought to book, because they are known.
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by baoku: 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
The attack was induced by the students' Dean. Management is using the SUG to fight JAC. Unfortunately,our students don't learn from history. The same Dean of student Affairs that led some SUG members to remove palm frond juju tied to the school gate some years ago, that led as claimed by some to the death of the then SUG president is at it again.
The Dean has corrupted the SUG by sponsoring them on trips to Dubai,Mallaysia,UK and other places on the bill of SUG fees paid by the students yearly.Teaching our leaders of tomorrow on how to chop tax payers money.

Management should face JAC and solve the school's problem without sacrificing the precious souls of our students.

Students should wise up and stop being a tool in the hands of the evil sycophants. ASUU should not allow the management to push the union against the JAC union.

2 Likes

Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Hesyb(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
The school is not in section,I beliv this shit can't happen if the school is in section,the NPF won't even dare it.
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Ephreboh(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
observing the situation of things here in FUTA,its an aggravated assault on the SUG officials but I think where they made their fault was when they declared their solidarity support to the school management in expense of the JAC prospective.Jan 3rd we are resuming, we're not *LADOKITE*
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by emmaelectelect(m): 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
This same FUTA that Graduates had to pay again for their JAMB IDs [5k plus] since nobody knows where the ones used to enroll were
There is need to do a CORRUPTION cleansing in FUTA Administration!
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by explicite(m): 11:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
favouryemmy:

So why mention ASUU in this matter except that a member of ASUU was also assaulted along with the students.

not just a member of ASUU.... but the dean of Student affairs who is a professor of d dept of computer science..... na wa o.

read further

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/buhari-must-act-futa-crisis-another-police-brutality-students-occur/

this is highly unacceptable...
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by Dunsin89(m): 1:59am On Dec 23, 2016
That is why I love Oba Awon Unifarsiti, (OAU) it can never happen there. Kneeling down "lai se omo secondary school" so embarrassing
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by orlerzoupour: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
Crhedrys:

you mobilize in FUTA, you face panel and might not graduate on time. I finished from FUTA.
mobilization is not part of the curriculum of futa abeg
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by explicite(m): 12:47am On Dec 24, 2016
baoku:
The attack was induced by the students' Dean. Management is using the SUG to fight JAC. Unfortunately,our students don't learn from history. The same Dean of student Affairs that led some SUG members to remove palm frond juju tied to the school gate some years ago, that led as claimed by some to the death of the then SUG president is at it again.
The Dean has corrupted the SUG by sponsoring them on trips to Dubai,Mallaysia,UK and other places on the bill of SUG fees paid by the students yearly.Teaching our leaders of tomorrow on how to chop tax payers money.

Management should face JAC and solve the school's problem without sacrificing the precious souls of our students.

Students should wise up and stop being a tool in the hands of the evil sycophants. ASUU should not allow the management to push the union against the JAC union.

which kind of misleading human being is this.... get ur facts right b4 coming here and gushing it out....

#na this kind person dey turn 'Lie' Mohammed for future#

NB.. if u come back here to insult me... I ain't gonna reply u.
Re: FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics) by baoku: 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
@explicite
Am not going to insult you bcoz u have already did.
What fact do u need clarification about? I guess u are one of the students/"family member"/psycophants benefiting from the corruption in FUTA or u are one of the blind gullibles employed through the back door. You cnt do wrong and get bye. Your days are numbered. Watch out!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Releases Final Admission List -View List & Download PDF / 10 Common Words Nigerians Use Everyday Which Don't Exist / I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.