Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,594 members, 7,934,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 01:11 PM

Open Letter To President Jammeh Of Gambia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Open Letter To President Jammeh Of Gambia (414 Views)

Streets Of Gambia Crowded As Barrow Returns (Photos) / Their Military Strength Of Gambia / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To President Jammeh Of Gambia by RichFoundation(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT JAMMEH OF GAMBIA

Mr President,

My decision to write you was through fortuitous circumstances I read on the Facebook walls of Gambians all over the world.

President Jammeh, Gambia is dying in your hands. But like some strange figure from another planet, you seem absolutely unaware of the enormity of the problem. Every act of yours demonstrates your lack of respect for the people you rule, and your gross under-estimation of the level of political consciousness they have attained in the past twenty years of "nascent democracy", the degree of experience they have gained from their suffering under your yoke.
Sir, many responsible Gambians I approach have nothing good to say about your character and leadership. Everyone has a lot to say about your old style of scheming using your military tactics to antagonize and demonize your own

It is unfortunate that people like you still have some followers in Gambia because you created a rich camp for yourself and immediate supporters. You seem to think that you can use the same logic of military might to gain entry through the back door again. Well your game is over, Gambia has advanced beyond military dictatorship. Contrary to your plan to stifle development in Gambia, technology has enabled Gambians to communicate with the outside world. The history of your leadership style is known all over the world for what it really is - Tyranny.
President Jammeh, you had the greatest opportunity in the world to shape the future of Gambia and put her foot on the road to the future, but you turned the noble act of political competition into a "do-or-die" battle. You left Gambia in turmoil as many good people of leadership potential were duly silenced to early grave or forced to exile. You have made the life of your subjects hell and turned the citizens into slaves in their own country. This clearly shows that you have nothing to offer the current generation of Gambians.
It is time for you to seek and desire to rest your life and be remembered as a sadness for Gambia.

My dear Jammeh, please face the reality of life, Gambia has rejected you. Do not mistake the silence of your people for acquiescence or weakness and the sycophancy of the greedy and opportunistic people who parade the corridors of power as representatives of the true feelings of the Gambians.
Sir, I am writing this letter to you as a true citizen of ECOWAS and a friend of The Gambia, I beg you in the name of Allah to emulate Dr. Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria and John Mahama of Ghana.
Africa needs peace and stability.
This is the time for you to have some honorable exit and respect the people's will.
Gambia has decided.
Adama Barrow is the people's choice.
May God help you and your country.

Richard Ngene
From Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

'chemical Attack' In Syria Draws International Outrage / ISIS Threatens Trump For The First Time, Calls Him An Idiot, And Did This Next.. / Trump Has Spent One Out Of Every Five Minutes Of His Presidency In Palm Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.