Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,120 members, 7,890,724 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:01 PM

Alaafin Sango V.s Marcus Garvey: What's In A Name? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Sango V.s Marcus Garvey: What's In A Name? (1067 Views)

Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Dresses In School Uniform To Visit Former Secondary School / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alaafin Sango V.s Marcus Garvey: What's In A Name? by KingSango(m): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Greetings,

To Yoruba people and those who love Sango I mean no offense. To Pan Africans who love Marcus Garvey I mean no offense. Now with that being said, let me get to the point.

Alaafin Sango was Africa's greatest Imperial King, he was more than just a king, he was above hundreds of kings throughout ancient West Africa. He wasn't just royalty he was the crowned King of Kings, head of Oyo Empire. Sango spread Oyo Empire from a territory that stretch Oyo influence to Gabon all the way to Senegal. No other King in Africa's great history ever ruled as much territory as Alaafin Sango and had a wider confluence range. The only exception would be long, long ago with Queen Mother Isis/Aset, a Mata Wati Queen Mother, who once ruled the entire planet. (If you're not familiar with the great history of the African matriarchal rule, I suggest you research) But back to Alaafin Sango. Sango's name is a mantra, just saying the name Sango sets off great and powerful vibration. When I first heard the name, being African American, not traditionally Yoruba or Nigeria, which means I was totally unfamiliar with Sango. It wasn't until I came across an Ifa priest who told me that my head Orisha/spiritual guardian was Sango. Some people don't like their Orisha and want to change but I'm happy with mine. grin Sango's name is the Sun with the sound G and O. Just saying the name naturally it comes out like thunder and makes the Sun get hotter, literally. I love to hear native Yoruba say the name because they say it with the traditional accent and it sounds very powerful.

By my taking up the name Sango Kiande Ejiogbe, I have helped awaken so many people to the legend of this great imperial royal ancestor. This is not an European and Arab name like Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Elijah Muhammad, Booker T. Washington, Fredrick Douglas, Phillip Randolph, Martin Luther King, and so many more of great ancestors. What I did was spread the name Sango to the liberation movement of many African Diaspora. Including many Nigerians and West Africans who know of the legend of King Sango. Many people only know Sango as an Irunmole but Sango was only deified after his death. Sango walked this Earth and lived among his people. Ifa is the official state religion of Oyo Empire and nearly all the Irunmole worshiped are Imperial Royal Ancestors who were deified after their deaths. No one was worshiped as an Orisha while they were alive. It is only after a human being has lived that their life is measured and added it up by those who remained. The life of Alaafin Sango was the most extraordinary life a human being could live. Sango was the great physician in Africa's history, he wielded so much powerful through the use of herbs, he was able to call down lightning to destroy the armies of enemies from far away. There are people today, from various Alchemy traditions, around the world, who can cause lightning but none can ever fortify it as a weapon like Alaafin Sango. All his wives Oba, Osun, and Oya were royalty and queens from various royal families. Osun was the most beautiful woman said to ever live on Earth. Oya was a great queen who had more land than Sango who married Sango to protect her lands. Sango improved Oyo's army to be the most powerful force in Africa and no one dare bother or rob Yoruba tradesman when they went abroad.

Marcus Garvey was a great Pan African probably the greatest Pan African of all time. But no one can compare to Alaafin Sango living or dead. So my thing is this, if we are going to summon up an ancestor, who will unite justice, liberate the African world, then how can anyone suggest that it not be Sango? Put Sango's name first because that's where it belongs. Just Sango's name worshiped and uttered in Diaspora unites 42 nations around the world that love Sango. Nearly all our people know who Sango. It inspires nobility in our youth because they now know that African royal kingdoms and queendoms survived the Holocaust. Honestly before coming in contact with Oyotunji African Village(www.oyotunji.org) and the history of His Royal Majesty Oba Adefunmi, called the father of African cultural restoration, I didn't know African royal governments still existed. There are lot of places in Africa where the Europeans killed kings and enslaved royal families. Africans hide out and lay low but they don't know the damage they do by not promoting the traditional government to the African world. The monarchy is our government. But the monarchy is suppressed in the media, in the decision making and in the spotlight. In Nigeria, Benin, Togo and other places kings and queens are quite known but to those of us who were drugged out of Africa there's nothing. We are reaching way back into Kemet, which no longer exists, because we have lost the connection with our traditional government and culture. This is a great pain I pray that Sango continues to give me the strength to alleviate in our people. All royal families in West, South, North and East Africa should rejoice because a new day is at hand. Long live the Alaafin. Ase, ase, ase, ooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk3UW3Iiz2c&t=8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_LzlzglWgk

1 Share

Re: Alaafin Sango V.s Marcus Garvey: What's In A Name? by EzeNri(m): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
GoodLuck, but I still prefer my King, The EzeNri. The Descendant of Heaven, Igwe Ndi-Igbo. The Priest King and Grand son of Jacob.

The Custodian of the Obu Gad (Palace of Gad), in the Holy City of Nri (The 4th Kingdom of God on Earth and oldest kingdom in Nigeria). The Paramount Ruler of the entire Igbo Nation and Heaven's Representative on Earth.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Sango V.s Marcus Garvey: What's In A Name? by KingSango(m): 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
EzeNri:
GoodLuck, but I still prefer my King, The EzeNri. The Descendant of Heaven, Igwe Ndi-Igbo. The Priest King and Grand son of Jacob.

The Custodian of the Obu Gad (Palace of Gad), in the Holy City of Nri (The 4th Kingdom of God on Earth and oldest kingdom in Nigeria). The Paramount Ruler of the entire Igbo Nation and Heaven's Representative on Earth.

My Sango bless you. I have no issues with Igbos, none. I have no issues with Hausa, none. I have no issue with Edo, none. I have no issue with Dahomey, none. I have no issue with Akan, none. There are many royal families in Africa and African royalty has the oldest blueblood on the planet. There are many in Diaspora, those taken away, who have lost their names, language, traditions and cultures who don't know our royal governments still exist. Did you not read this? You are blessed to be born in Africa to know your honor, your lineage, your culture, your traditions and language. Do you not want this to spread to the ignorant of our people in Diaspora? How can you oppose?

Yoruba culture is the most popular culture in all of Africa and in the African Diaspora. So don't think of just your culture, but think of the hundreds of millions of us who don't know any African culture. That is the travesty we need to eliminate. Tribal beefs are not the concern of Sango. Ase.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Do You Remember This, What Do Call It? / What Powers Can African Waist Beads Give You? / Embroidering Embroidered Golf Shirts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.