Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,338 members, 7,971,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra (7242 Views)

Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders / 10 Things Igbos Need To Understand About Yorubas.. / What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

So who ordered the shooting of MASSOB members in 2005, 2006, and 2007? I will tell you -Olusegun Obasanjo.

MASSOB is non-violent, so why were they shot dead if times have changed?

like i said- go and ask Obasanjo. You know where he is.

or send the site admin to him.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
MASSOB has even advanced to the stage of forming a government in exile, why not stop hounding their members then, if times have changed. How I wish times have truly changed!
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2009
I would have asked the moderator to put up a poll here so we can find out how many Yorubas would support Igbo leaving Nigeria, but the problem with that is that Yorubas cannot be counted upon to say their minds for real. They would vote yes here and join the Hausa tomorrow to fight Igbos' quest to leave Nigeria. So that is our problem with those claiming that times have changed.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2009
well, the Yorubas who are your bosom buddies can surely be counted on by you, cant they?

after all quite a few Yorubas are pro-Biafra.

so why not buy out/rely on those ones and ignore any others since they're not that important and could care less.

but like i said- try to get your feelers out of Yoruba butts and face other people.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

I would have asked the moderator to put up a poll here so we can find out how many Yorubas would support Igbo leaving Nigeria, but the problem with that is that Yorubas cannot be counted upon to say their minds for real. They would vote yes here and join the Hausa tomorrow to fight Igbos' quest to leave Nigeria. So that is our problem with those claiming that times have changed.

Dude, No yoruba person cares whether the Igbo remain in Nigeria. As you want to leave, so do we. Do the Yoruba gain anything from Igbo people? No
The South-west is self-sufficient; I am sure you know this.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
tpia.:

well, the Yorubas who are your bosom buddies can surely be counted on by you, cant they?

after all quite a few Yorubas are pro-Biafra.

so why not buy out/rely on those ones and ignore any others since they're not that important and could care less.

but like i said- try to get your feelers out of Yoruba butts and face other people.

Anyway the evidence is there for all to see, even here on NL, some Yorubas are even threatening a repeat of the genocide if igbos try to secede again. The ones who support Igbo secession are not willing to fight for it, but the ones who oppose it are. So, if you were me, you would understand why I'm only interested in the ones who oppose secession. They were the ones who starved 2 million of my people to death.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by One11: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
Let me make this frank, This is why African countries are in shambles and their politicians look like children to everyone else, everything is based off of emotions. and its funny because its so immature.

1. Yoruba: They are the cause of the civil war Point Blank. The Northerners initially didnt care about Igbos leaving. Yoruba's only want Igbos to stay in nigeria because they are benefitting from their resources(if not why would they care about whether you(Igbos) leave or not. Its a fact that a human being only shows emotion towards sumthing thats important to him. Yorubas won't put up a fight unless they have others backing them( Some Northerners). Snake and Rat like.

2. Igbos: You all complain too much. Why would you ask 4 Biafra without first stabilizing ur people and providing them with security so even if u did get Biafra, those still in Nigeria wouldnt be heavily killed? I mean why would u leave ur chilled without pocket money Stop complaining about Yoruba and worry about yourselves, whatever they do to you you do it back big, if not KEEP QUIET!! Also ya'll need to be more organized like the Yoruba( OPC, Yoruba Elders Croup,etc.) and bring terror to those who take one Igbo life

3. Hausa: Stop taking Innocent lives. Fight wen u and the other tribes are equal in mass other wise you(Hausa) are plain cowards. Don't try to conquer and oppress every dog gets its day,and urs is coming soon, The Qur'an says "fight the aggressors because oppression is worst then death" so u are the agressors in this one.

One last thing for all the Igbos should just leave other parts of Nigeria because the money that the Govt. took from Igbo accounts during the war was used to build those parts so they are own the right to go to those parts and enjoy their stolen money,

You Are All To Blame!!!
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
Katsumoto:

Dude, No yoruba person cares whether the Igbo remain in Nigeria. As you want to leave, so do we. Do the Yoruba gain anything from Igbo people? No
The South-west is self-sufficient; I am sure you know this.

Dude, history teaches me otherwise. We remember one Awolowo who claimed that the Yorubas would simply leave too if Igbos left. Guess what, they didn't. Instead, they led the campaign to wipe Igbos out. Igbos have learned from that experience and believe you me ,it will never happen again.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

Anyway the evidence is there for all to see, even here on NL, some Yorubas are even threatening a repeat of the genocide if igbos try to secede again. The ones who support Igbo secession are not willing to fight for it, but the ones who oppose it are. So, if you were me, you would understand why I'm only interested in the ones who oppose secession. They were the ones who starved 2 million of my people to death.

Why do you like to twist opinions so much. Which Yoruba on this forum have threatened Genocide if the Igbo try to leave? Were the Yorubas responsible for the Genocide in 1966/67? Debating issues with you is analogous to debating with someone with dementia. Give it a rest, no one cares if you stay or go. You can start by moving back to your village and lets see how many Yorubas will hold you back at gunpoint.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

Dude, history teaches me otherwise. We remember one Awolowo who claimed that the Yorubas would simply leave too if Igbos left. Guess what, they didn't. Instead, they led the campaign to wipe Igbos out. Igbos have learned from that experience and believe you me ,it will never happen again.

Did Awolowo say to the Igbos that the Yorubas would leave if the Igbos left or did Awolowo say to Gowon that the Yorubas would also leave if the Igbos left? They mean different things, stop twisting words. Awo never promised such.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
One 1:

Let me make this frank, This is why African countries are in shambles and their politicians look like children to everyone else, everything is based off of emotions. and its funny because its so immature.

1. Yoruba: They are the cause of the civil war Point Blank. The Northerners initially didnt care about Igbos leaving. Yoruba's only want Igbos to stay in nigeria because they are benefitting from their resources(if not why would they care about whether you(Igbos) leave or not. Its a fact that a human being only shows emotion towards sumthing thats important to him. Yorubas won't put up a fight unless they have others backing them( Some Northerners). Snake and Rat like.

2. Igbos: You all complain too much. Why would you ask 4 Biafra without first stabilizing your people and providing them with security so even if u did get Biafra, those still in Nigeria wouldnt be heavily killed? I mean why would u leave your chilled without pocket money Stop complaining about Yoruba and worry about yourselves, whatever they do to you you do it back big, if not KEEP QUIET!! Also ya'll need to be more organized like the Yoruba( OPC, Yoruba Elders Croup,etc.) and bring terror to those who take one Igbo life

3. Hausa: Stop taking Innocent lives. Fight wen u and the other tribes are equal in mass other wise you(Hausa) are plain cowards. Don't try to conquer and oppress every dog gets its day,and urs is coming soon, The Qur'an says "fight the aggressors because oppression is worst then death" so u are the agressors in this one.

One last thing for all the Igbos should just leave other parts of Nigeria because the money that the Govt. took from Igbo accounts during the war was used to build those parts so they are own the right to go to those parts and enjoy their stolen money,

You Are All To Blame!!!

you must imagine you're making sense?

whne in actual fact you're so ignorant it would be better to let you stew in it?
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
There is a Yoruba activist on NL called SEFAGO. You would do well to read his rants first before exonerating your people. I have never seen an Igbo advocate killing of Yorubas for wanting to leave Nigeria. Which is why I'm responding to this thread because the guy thinks Igbos should just stay in Nigeria and fight whoever attacks their assets or try to secede.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

those of you who remember one Awolowo must also surely remember where to go to find answers to your questions?
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

There is a Yoruba activist on NL called SEFAGO. You would do well to read his rants first before exonerating your people. I have never seen an Igbo advocate killing of Yorubas for wanting to leave Nigeria. Which is why I'm responding to this thread because the guy thinks Igbos should just stay in Nigeria and fight whoever attacks their assets or try to secede.

but you've seen Igbos/their stooges advocating killing Yorubas en masse for various reasons, right?

Just not for "them wanting to leave Nigeria"
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2009
Katsumoto:

Did Awolowo say to the Igbos that the Yorubas would leave if the Igbos left or did Awolowo say to Gowon that the Yorubas would also leave if the Igbos left? They mean different things, stop twisting words. Awo never promised such.

@ Katsumoto
What do you think about the posted topic anyway? Do you support this guy or do you oppose him?
Time to tell us where you stand!
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2009
tpia.:

but you've seen Igbos/their stooges advocating killing Yorubas en masse for various reasons, right?

Just not for "them wanting to leave Nigeria"

If I understand the guy well, he says that Igbos should drop the agitation for a separate country, but should instead embrace Nigeria viciously like others do. He argues we should simply prepare to fight anyone who plans genocide against us in the future. I believe he has some strong points. If we can't leave, then we should then [size=14pt]STAY[/size].
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

If I understand the guy well, he says that Igbos should drop the agitation for a separate country, but should instead embrace Nigeria viciously like others do. He argues we should simply prepare to fight anyone who plans genocide against us in the future. I believe he has some strong points. If we can't leave, then we should then [size=14pt]STAY[/size].

well, he's your kinsman so you understand each other.

All I'm seeing in his post is a gun and ammunitions supplier looking for new customers.

Especially now the militants have SUPPOSEDLY disarmed.

God forbid one segment or another of the Nigerian population should be without a grievance or a reason to carry arms.

by all means protect yourselves by any means necessary. Prepare to defend yourselves against a future genocide since you're quite sure there's one in the offing.

Y'all have your ears to the ground and various yellow journalists helping you so you should definitely know whatever's being planned.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
tpia.:

well, he's your kinsman so you understand each other.

All I'm seeing in his post is a gun and ammunitions supplier looking for new customers.

Especially now the militants have SUPPOSEDLY disarmed.

God forbid one segment or another of the Nigerian population should be without a grievance or a reason to carry arms.

by all means protect yourselves by any means necessary. Prepare to defend yourselves against a future genocide since you're quite sure there's one in the offing.

Y'all have your ears to the ground and various yellow journalists helping you so you should definitely know whatever's being planned.

Now, that's a first consensus. About the genocide, oh it is bound to happen. Just wait for another moslem bullshit anywhere in the world and then wait for the news from Nigeria. We cannot change inate tendencies of people. We can only protect ourselves against them.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
One 1:

2. Igbos: You all complain too much. Why would you ask 4 Biafra without first stabilizing your people and providing them with security so even if u did get Biafra, those still in Nigeria wouldnt be heavily killed? I mean why would u leave your chilled without pocket money Stop complaining about Yoruba and worry about yourselves, whatever they do to you you do it back big, if not KEEP QUIET!! Also ya'll need to be more organized like the Yoruba( OPC, Yoruba Elders Croup,etc.) and bring terror to those who take one Igbo life

3. Hausa: Stop taking Innocent lives. Fight wen u and the other tribes are equal in mass other wise you(Hausa) are plain cowards. Don't try to conquer and oppress every dog gets its day,and urs is coming soon,  The Qur'an says "fight the aggressors because oppression is worst then death" so u are the agressors in this one.

You Are All To Blame!!!

What do you know about history? Is that the account your grandfather gave you? Let me give you a brief lesson son; you don't know your history.
Chronology of events leading to the civil war
1. Officers, predominatly Igbo, organised a coup and killed prominent Hausa and Yoruba Leaders
2. Hausa officers retaliated 6 months later
3. Igbos are attacked in the north in the last quarter of 1966
4. Igbos start moving home
5. Ojukwu is forced to act; he is compelled to protect his people. He declares Biafra
6. Ghana hosts both sides to avert war, leading to Aburi accord. Ojukwu uses his intelligence to outsmart Gowon
7. Gowon ignores Aburi accord on realising what it means. Gowon strategically creates states to reduce Ojukwu region of influence. It was a master-stroke.
8. Gowon launches strike at Biafra through the 1st division under Shuwa. They advance quickly and capture Enugu. There is stalemate afterwards.
9. Biafra launches offensive through the mid-west with Victor Banjo. He gets to Ore, and re-thinks strategy. Gowon forms 2nd division under Murtala with the objective of beating back the Biafran Offensive. Murtala murders everything in his path until he gets to river niger. He succeeds at crossing river niger on the 3rd attempt after several losses. He ignores orders from lagos to wait for engineers to build new bridge because he didnt want anyone to deny his victory. After his failure, he resigns and proceeds on holiday to london like a little brat.
10. 3rd Division is formed with Adekunle as commander. He renames it 3rd marine commando. He is the most skillful commander in the war, capturing town after town. Isaac Boro was under his command.
11. Adekunle is replaced with Obasanjo because he is getting two popular and ambitious.
12. Obasanjo launches final offensive spliting remaining Biafra into two.
13 Ojukwu runs with his tails between his legs into exile.
14 War is over

Now tell me, how were the Yorubas responsible for the war? You say the Yorubas can not fight without the aid of the northerners. There is a difference between fighting senselessly and fighting strategically. Without the skill of Adekunle and Obasanjo, that war would have dragged on for years. Shuwa and Murtala were not competent enough to end that war. Even the most successful Biafran offensive was under Banjo (a yoruba).

Please get your facts right before you post. Despite the fact that several yorubas were killed in the first coup, there were no reprisals in the west.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

Now, that's a first consensus. About the genocide, oh it is bound to happen. Just wait for another moslem bullshit anywhere in the world and then wait for the news from Nigeria. We cannot change inate tendencies of people. We can only protect ourselves against them.

just keep confessing and it surely will.

You're certainly right about people's innate tendencies being unable to change.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 19, 2009
Even the most successful Biafran offensive was under Banjo (a yoruba).

wasnt he later executed anyway.

that's one reason why some NLers amuse me.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Katsumoto,

You still didn't answer my question, I'm still waiting and I don't want this thread derailed until you answer my question. In fact I dare you to.

Don't forget to give reasons why you support or oppose the poster. Thanks.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

@ Katsumoto
What do you think about the posted topic anyway? Do you support this guy or do you oppose him?
Time to tell us where you stand!

I support what he is saying. Go and read my reply to jayflex, you will observe that I believe people have a right to defend themselves against barbaric people who like to kill others. Please see below. I will never support the killing of innocent people. The Igbo and others have a right to defend themselves against genocide.

Katsumoto:

If you put it like that, then I agree with you. People should be free to defend themselves if the authorities can not defend them and their properties. I remember an incident in the 1990s when the Igbo boys were attacked but the almajiris did not know that the Igbos were armed to the teeth; this led to a huge number of casualties on the part of the northerners. It was after this incident that IBB banned individuals owning firearms.

But the OP was implying that Igbos were being attacked everywhere, which is not the case. There is the occassional squabble in the south-west but it never leads to mass murder. Thanks for your sensible contribution.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
Then I stand corrected on that point. Thanks! grin
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
tpia.:

wasnt he later executed anyway.

that's one reason why some NLers amuse me.

He was executed by Ojukwu for delaying at Ore. Banjo stopped at Ore because he realised that his division would be isolated if they went further. I agree with that position. Once the 2nd division started bearing down on them, he retreated. Ojukwu executed him and Ifeajuna.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by One11: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
@katsumoto

Its funny after all I told u, you still post a bunch of jargon, lol. that really deserves a laugh and a smh, The only reason the war was ignited was because the Yorubas threaten to leave Nigeria if the Igbos left, Thats why the goverment desided to strike and go on with the war genious.smh

@tpia

The pure example of my first post, that africans always act off of emotion, Always insults huh?lol. I bet ur going to insult me after this or say a couple words to dismiss me lol

Bet it hurts ur feels wen ur tribe is being criticized right?  cry
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

Then I stand corrected on that point. Thanks!  grin

Finally, we agree on something. I understand why the Igbos agitate for secession but I can not stand it when they want to blame the Yorubas for it.
I support the right of the Igbos to defend themselves against the barbaric killers who go on rampage. I may not support killing innocent people but I will not blame the Igbos for any retaliation attacks in the south if the northerners persist in killing innocent people.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
One 1:

@katsumoto

Its funny after all I told u, you still post a bunch of jargon, lol. that really deserves a laugh and a smh, The only reason the war was ignited was because the Yorubas threaten to leave Nigeria if the Igbos left, Thats why the goverment desided to strike and go on with the war genious.smh

@tpia

The pure example of my first post, that africans always act off of emotion, Always insults huh?lol. I bet your going to insult me after this or say a couple words to dismiss me lol

Bet it hurts your feels wen your tribe is being criticized right?  cry

Someone tell this guy to get his facts right. Think about this for a second; what would have happened if Awo did not say anything? Would the Easterners have returned to other parts of Nigeria? So Ojukwu based his whole strategy on what Awo said? You think Ojukwu is that stupid. Please think before you post.
Ojukwu went ahead with his secession because the agreements at Aburi were not honored in its entirety. When he did not back down from his position, Gowon attacked. I will not debate with you anymore.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by One11: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
Someone tell this guy to get his facts right. Think about this for a second; what would have happened if Awo did not say anything? Would the Easterners have returned to other parts of Nigeria? So Ojukwu based his whole strategy on what Awo said? You think Ojukwu is that stupid. Please think before you post.
Ojukwu went ahead with his secession because the agreements at Aburi were not honored in its entirety. When he did not back down from his position, Gowon attacked. I will not debate with you anymore.

Calm your emotions and read what u just typed. Secession doesnt mean a war has to take place per se. Yes Ojukwu seceded. like I said the only reason there was war was because of the actions of the Yoruba, which lead to the war to bring the Igbos back to Nigeria. that is why Gowon Attacked, duhhhh shocked

Please don't go into politics outside of Nigeria because you will be eaten up grin
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by TippyTop(m): 11:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
Let me tell you what Igbos Need Most, they need to shut da f*ck up. Every tribe thinks it is being marginalised, now who is marginalising who?
Jeeez!! get with da program.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by pcicero(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2009
Tippy Top:

Let me tell you what Igbos Need Most, they need to shut da f*ck up. Every tribe thinks it is being marginalised, now who is marginalising who?
Jeeez!! get with da program.
Well said without the abusive words.
However, do the Igbos truly see Yorubas as allies? I must tell you the Yorubas are not stereotyped as most of you think here on Nairaland but we appreciate honesty and sincerity of purpose. Yes, we support equity and justice in all ramifications and i think Igbos are fairly dependable. I have many Igbo friends and i appreciate them. I have always wondered why the Igbos cannot rally round an Emeka Anyaoku for instance as a leader. I mean when charlatans like Orji Kalu wants to be seen as championing Igbo struggle, it leaves much to be desired. I want to see an Igbo president after Yar Adua. Maybe, then this shout of Biafra will subside.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 10:58am On Nov 20, 2009
pcicero:

Well said without the abusive words.
However, do the Igbos truly see Yorubas as allies? I must tell you the Yorubas are not stereotyped as most of you think here on Nairaland but we appreciate honesty and sincerity of purpose. Yes, we support equity and justice in all ramifications and i think Igbos are fairly dependable. I have many Igbo friends and i appreciate them. I have always wondered why the Igbos cannot rally round an Emeka Anyaoku for instance as a leader.  I mean when charlatans like Orji Kalu wants to be seen as championing Igbo struggle, it leaves much to be desired. I want to see an Igbo president after  Yar Adua. Maybe, then this shout of Biafra will subside.

Hopefully, it would not be the likes of the Ubas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sokoto Deports Over 150 Illegal Immigrants / Israel's Prime Minister Recognizes Biafrans As Jews / The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.