Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,167 members, 7,884,072 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

ONDO: Jegede Returns To Legal Practice After Defeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ONDO: Jegede Returns To Legal Practice After Defeat (658 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer, Ugwuonye, Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria. / Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ONDO: Jegede Returns To Legal Practice After Defeat by odiks: 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
Defeated governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo state, Eyitayo Jegede SAN has said he would return to legal practice after the defeat.

Besides, Jegede had dropped the idea of challenging the election the victory of Rotimi Akeredolu.

It would be recalled that Jegede was defeated by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who polled 244,842 votes to beat Jegede, who came second with 150, 380 votes. Jegede reportedly said there was no need to continue to fight over the matter since the people of Ondo State had decided on who they want to serve them at this time.

“I have taken a decision to move on and I wish Governor Rotimi Akeredolu success.

“I speak for myself. I believe that if I cannot serve the people of Ondo State now, another opportunity will come for me to do so at another time.

“There is always need to demonstrate true statesmanship and that is what I have done,” Jegede said.

Jegede said that he had a profession and was returning to practice law and had not filed any petition against Akeredolu’s victory as expected in more than 21 days after the results were declared.

http://leaders.ng/?p=26229
Re: ONDO: Jegede Returns To Legal Practice After Defeat by angeltolly(f): 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
Matured people in politics. Those do or die politicians endangering people's live should learn from Jegede and Oke.

As for Jimoh Ibrahim...... Your own matter is not today
Re: ONDO: Jegede Returns To Legal Practice After Defeat by TippyTop(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
2019 Bubu would return to his Cows.
Re: ONDO: Jegede Returns To Legal Practice After Defeat by yarimo(m): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mtcheeew undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Press Release: Buhari Is A Killer By Profession And Hobby / Photo Of The Professor Killed In The University Fo Maiduguri Bomb Blast / Real Reasons Ibori Fled Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.