Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,289 members, 7,887,855 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:15 PM

Who or what Is The Spinoza God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who or what Is The Spinoza God? (346 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who or what Is The Spinoza God? by JUDASiskariot: 10:50am On Dec 24, 2016
Below is Spinoza's definition of God:

I. By that which is self-caused, I mean that of which the essence involves existence, or that of which the nature is only conceivable as existent.

II. A thing is called finite after its kind, when it can be limited by another thing of the same nature; for instance, a body is called finite because we always conceive another greater body. So, also, a thought is limited by another thought, but a body is not limited by thought, nor a thought by body.

III. By substance, I mean that which is in itself, and is conceived through itself: in other words, that of which a conception can be formed independently of any other conception.

IV. By attribute, I mean that which the intellect perceives as constituting the essence of substance.

V. By mode, I mean the modifications of substance, or that which exists in, and is conceived through, something other than itself.

VI. By God, I mean a being absolutely infinite-that is, a substance consisting in infinite attributes, of which each expresses eternal and infinite essentiality.

Do we have anyone here that understand clearly his definition to kindly explain to me? And what's your view about this idea?

Cc: pastorAIO, deepsight, seun, hardmirror, sarassin, loj.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Who or what Is The Spinoza God? by orisa37: 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
The Definition here is a selfish angle of Perception. Quantity rather than a precise absolute recognition of GOD, all Capitals, as The Supreme Ruler, Creator, Author and Finisher of The Universe. He's Everything that includes Nothing. He's You and I and everyone and nothing in the Universe. This is one Dictionary Definition: "A Being conceived as the perfect Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient originator of the Universe, the Principal Subject of Light, Goodness and Life and the Principal Object of Faith, Hope , Peace and Love. He's The Security, Safety and Success of Everything and Everywhere in the Universe. He's also The Subject of Directives and Decisions and The Object of Majesty and Worship in a monotheistic Religion. God(Olodumare in Yoruba) is finite and infinite; definite and indefinite Heavenly and Everywhere. He lives in God Sphere where we need special Craft to reach Him/It.
Re: Who or what Is The Spinoza God? by Fash20: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
Albert Einstein's god

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Rethinking African Christianity / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(wed. 11/01/17)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.