Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:04 AM

Putting God Into Consideration, How Vaild Is The Argument? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Putting God Into Consideration, How Vaild Is The Argument? (297 Views)

Before We All Turn God Into A Joke In Nigeria... / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God / How Christians Are Putting God Into Fashion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Putting God Into Consideration, How Vaild Is The Argument? by Heterodox(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2016
Someone once said when a lie sticks around for too long it becomes an appreciable and incontrovertible truth in the mind of the people. That person is me. And sadly enough, that's what Christmas has become.

Well, for the sake of this article I will indulge you to excuse yourself the self-acclamation and justification. Also the 'not this again' face. That you have read something like this before doesn't give it less meaning as it should contain. That said, let's face topic of the day skipping the history of Christmas, as it is relevantly irrelevant to the course.

First let me state i'm a teacher of the ways of God, and I take pleasure in God's law. So I will be viewing this from the perspective of God's command. To do this, I will tell a simple story. Kindly follow patiently.

At a point in time, during their journey, the people of Israel were extremely thirsty for nothing but water. Moses their mediator had to consult God for help, and God instructed Moses to speak to a rock as to provide for this particular need.

God instruction was "Speak" but Moses felt he should "Strike," so Moses struck the rock with his rod. Water came out as it would, and people drank as they should. But that cost Moses something great, the promise land. Because he did what he felt was acceptable and right instead of what God commanded.

Well, I believe the message should be clear by now. And what specifically lies in wait if we should continue doing what we feel is right to do in regard to our celebration and beliefs about Christmas.

Moses felt same way, and presented the argument we Christains present today, "it doesn't matter." Moses felt at the end water will come out, that's the only thing that mattered. But that argument was invalidated by God's law and standard. It does matter. God instruction matters then and now.

So, it depends, the law of God or the norm. It depends. You have heard this before, and now you have read it again. It's all on you now. But whichever one you choose, understand this is not just an article, but a warning from the Almighty.

Moses saw grace even in death, but same is not Destinied for everybody. Christmas is idolatry, the beliefs and celebration of it together is. It can't be more clearer.

But like i should say at the end of each message, I say stay Blessed.

Cc: OAM4J
Seun
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

If Its You....what You Will Do? / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / He Controls Accommodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.