Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,752 members, 7,979,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 11:37 AM

Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode (14661 Views)

Lagos’ll Soon Be Third Largest Africa’s Economy / Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Orikinla1: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2016
Without Lagos, Nigeria will not be Africa's biggest economy.

3 Likes

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by seguno2: 8:27am On Dec 26, 2016
Orikinla1:

What % of Nigeria's GDP and foreign exchange earnings comes from Lagos state compared to oil?
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by moufan: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:
Third? why settle for less? Crap.!
very useless,meaningless,stuuupid and very myopic post.so you want lagos which is a state in nigeria to overtake nigeria itself? what is nairaland turning into with all this primary school student thinking and logic

3 Likes

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Dotman2210(m): 8:40am On Dec 26, 2016
I believe you my governor...the silent achiever#itesiwajuEkoLojewaLogun

1 Like

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Bitterleafsoup: 8:47am On Dec 26, 2016
saintdennis:

Lols which delta state? Or deltans? I've been to Warri. N abraka many times + I know alotta deltans

Honestly delta state na flop.

If u observed my choice of language I speculated on c/river n akwa ibom but delta I was definite
Well I am challenging Deltans to show us why they love the guy. Nobody showed me proof but I will look into it. Why is he the only fish caught in the net? Something is behind it.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Draei: 8:48am On Dec 26, 2016
moufan:
very useless,meaningless,stuuupid and very myopic post.so you want lagos which is a state in nigeria to overtake nigeria itself? what is nairaland turning into with all this primary school student thinking and logic
You should stop emulating the acute stupidity
that breeds in your extended family. Your rant
just showed how impoverished your cognitive
ability has become. Ain't Lagos the largest economy
in Nigeria? please i don't wanna be dishing out
early morning economic lecture to some confused
brain-dead orangutan.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Draei: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2016
Orikinla1:
At least, someone with a functioning brain.
please 'epp' me tell them...
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by moufan: 8:58am On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:

You should stop emulating the acute stupidity
that breeds in your extended family. Your rant
just showed how impoverished your cognitive
ability has become. Ain't Lagos the largest economy
in Nigeria? please i don't wanna be dishing out
early morning economic lecture to some confused
brain-dead orangutan.
see this morafuccka,you woke up this morning typing fucckin shiit on a social forum,you should have expected people to expose your ignorance you this grabasstic piece of shiit
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by badeleye2015: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2016
Pls I need direct contact of Lack rice distributors,I want to be a dealer in my location.Anyone with useful information should contact me 08077225229.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Draei: 9:17am On Dec 26, 2016
moufan:
see this morafuccka,you woke up this morning typing fucckin shiit on a social forum,you should have expected people to expose your ignorance you this grabasstic piece of shiit
Hye buffoon, i knew even if you read wah i
explained up there a zillion time, Your level of
eternal illiteracy will keep impeding you from
understanding. Ain't nobody forcing you from
spilling out your redundant opinion. I gave mine,
you got a problem with it? go suçk a leprous diçk.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by moufan: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:

Hye buffoon, i knew even if you read wah i
explained up there a zillion time, Your level of
eternal illiteracy will keep impeding you from
understanding. Ain't nobody forcing you from
spilling out your redundant opinion. I gave mine,
you got a problem with it? go suçk a leprous diçk.
just fffuuck off my mentions,i've had enough of ur ffuckin rants you this thad ignoramus.fucckin nigga
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Draei: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2016
moufan:
just fffuuck off my mentions,i've had enough of ur ffuckin rants you this thad ignoramus.fucckin nigga
βoy, you trespassed the moment you decided to
showoff your acquired foolishness by quoting me.
Now you should kindly piss off while you still got
grace. You irreversible product of a lengthy anal rape.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by abdulwastecx(m): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:

You don't get, aim for the best position and if
at all you don't make that target, you will find
yourself getting the 2nd or 3rd position which
wouldn't be a bad result cuz you never settled for less.

how can Lagos be the largest economy when she is still a Nigeria city, Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa with Egypt second followed by South Africa in third.

Realistically l, Lagos can only be third largest economy with a gdp in the excess of 3 50 billion dollars.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Niyinficient(m): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:

He said Lagos economy and not Nigeria economy. Meaning Lagos state (not nigeria as a whole) will be competing with countries like SA, Egypt, EQG, NIgeria n co.....that's massive. Its a state vs country thing.

1 Like

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2016
Na on top yoruba matter some people go still die.

1 Like

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Revolva(m): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Lukmann1: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:

Orikinla1:
Una two head dey on point..correct.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by RockHard: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2016
seguno2:

What % of Nigeria's GDP and foreign exchange earnings comes from Lagos state compared to oil?

According to IMF ( http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/nigeria-remains-africas-biggest-economy-imf/ ), Nigeria's overall GDP was measured at $415-billion. Ambode said that Lagos GDP value dropped from $131-billion to $91-billion as a result of the fluctuation in Foreign Exchange, so that means as at this point, Lagos GDP is 22% of Nigeria's economy. Compare that to the state of California's GDP (largest contributor to U.S GDP) which is $2.5-trillion while the total U.S GDP is $16.7trillion (representing 15% of America's GDP). California is reputed to be the 6th Largest economy in the world.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by seguno2: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2016
RockHard:
According to IMF ( http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/nigeria-remains-africas-biggest-economy-imf/ ), Nigeria's overall GDP was measured at $415-billion. Ambode said that Lagos GDP value dropped from $131-billion to $91-billion as a result of the fluctuation in Foreign Exchange, so that means as at this point, Lagos GDP is 22% of Nigeria's economy. Compare that to the state of California's GDP which is $2.5-trillion while the total U.S GDP is $16.7trillion (representing 15% of America's GDP). California is reputed to be the 6th Largest economy in the world.

IMF measured Nigeria's GDP, right?
So who measured the Lagos state GDP Ambode quoted?
Did he measure it by himself or what?
Please provide the link.
Thanks.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by miyagi01(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:
[
font=Georgia]Third? why settle for less? Crap.![/font]
coz his being realistic and not a dumbass like u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by adisaigbo1(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2016
Peroti:
That's Good. Thanks to the sea port.,boarders.,Airport and tax payers smiley
Haters gonna hate....Igbos gonna wail. Sit down, let me tell you about the west side.........

3 Likes

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Draei: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2016
miyagi01:
coz his being realistic and not a dumbass like u
Lol, yet another error of conception, go get
breakfast ohk? maybe your fingerèd malfunctioning
brain will dish out something worthwhile, Loosed Piglet.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by RockHard: 10:42am On Dec 26, 2016
seguno2:

IMF measured Nigeria's GDP, right?
So who measured the Lagos state GDP Ambode quoted?
Did he measure it by himself or what?
Please provide the link.
Thanks.

Perhaps you should petition the IMF to do an independent evaluation to satisfy your doubts. undecided In other words, you are questioning the veracity of Ambode's statement? Dude, he's the governor, a reputed professional accountant, has the finance, economic technocrat and the requisite data and metrics to arrive at his position, and even the IMF or any other external body for that matter will depend on data from the state government to make their evaluation. So yes, nobody should know the GDP of Lagos state government better than Ambode. As far as I'm concerned, his word (as governor) is just as credible as an IMF or whatever. Besides, he's been boldly making similar statements about the GDP of Lagos in different fora for more than a year now and no one has yet to openly counter or disclaim his assertion. But you can always go ahead and sponsor a counter or independent evaluation. cheesy

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/lagos-emerged-fifth-largest-economy-africa/

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/lagos-gdp-to-hit-355bn-by-2025-ambode/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201511162285.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by rolams(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2016
Trust you die!
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by God2man(m): 11:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Where there is no vision the people perish.
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by jinneyb(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:

You really need to download an Oxford
dictionary then check the meaning of hate.
Aim higher in life, You wanna sit 3rd in class
cuz you were 5th huh? Alright, nuff said.

As much as it is good to always aim for the best, but...

Is it not better to take a step at a time?
Must we always set unrealistic targets?
Must we always bite more than we can chew?

Slow and steady wins the race as its not how far but how well. Lagos didn't jus find itself on the fifth position, it worked hard to get there, so aiming for the third is a welcome development as other states will not fold there arms and watch.

1 Like

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by samijay8(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:
see this one. are we talking about state here or cities. talking about a city like a country
Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Awoofawo(m): 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
Oche211:

This is nt rocket science man. It takes a great amount of works nd planning to even move up the ladder by one step.
Who told u the other economies are sleeping? They too are equally planning nd working with the best of expertise at their disposal with all hands on deck.
If gov. Ambode had mentioned that he wants lagos to become the first, i'll ve taken him as a joker nd an unserious man.
It's good that Lagos has set 3rd as the target (remember they ve to displace the current 3rd nd 4th). Whn the achieve that feat in the years (yes, years) to come, they can then evaluate their goals nd visions, restrategise nd the set a new goal/vision which shld then be to become the 2nd largest nd then, more hardworks begin again.
Hope u understand the work involved nw.

See as folkls dey talk as if Lagos is not part of Nigeria. I shame for my country o!

Federal Republic of Lagos well done!

2 Likes

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Okwyjesus(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ajibel:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, on Saturday said that one of his administration’s objectives was to propel the State from being the fifth to the third largest economy in Africa.

He said to achieve this, the state government would focus more on Education (especially vocational training), scaling up of its health facilities, including renewal and building of world class infrastructure in the coming year.

Governor Ambode, who spoke at the Christmas Eve Dance organised by the Yoruba Tennis Club, Onikan, said he remains committed to making the State globally competitive, adding that by virtue of its indices, Lagos has become a major City-State in the world.

He said that Lagos is currently home to 65 percent of Nigeria’s businesses, with a presence of over 2,000 manufacturing companies, 200 financial institutions and the largest collection of small and medium enterprises in Africa.

The Governor added that with an estimated population of about 24 million people, over 15.2 million are within the ages of 15-64 years, which positions the State as having the largest share of working population in Sub-Saharan Africa.

“We are Africa’s fastest growing market and still the 5th largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $91billion. The drop in our GDP value from $131billion is as a result of the fluctuation in Foreign Exchange but our ultimate goal is to grow our GDP to move from 5th to 3rd largest in Africa,” Governor Ambode said.

The Governor also restated his commitment to deliver a Lagos that is safe, clean and prosperous as well as a city that works for all regardless of race, religion or gender.

Governor Ambode, while also congratulating the Club on its 90th Year Anniversary thanked them for the massive support given to his administration in the outgoing year.

Also speaking at the Christmas Eve Dance of the Island Club, Governor Ambode expressed optimism that with the Y2017 “Golden Jubilee” Budget currently undergoing consideration by the House of Assembly, the State was adequately positioned to record milestone developments in the coming year.

“Apart from the Golden Jubilee Anniversary celebration, 2017 will witness the commencement and completion of critical infrastructure that will create new economies in the State, facilitate growth and propel the State economy to enviable heights.

“To underscore the importance attached to these developmental projects, we improved on the Capital/Recurrent Expenditure Ratio in the 2017 budget with 63:37 compared to 58:42 in the 2016 budget.

“We are about to conclude our Bond Issuance and the proceeds from these will go to fund these projects and many others. In addition, we will enter into strategic Public Private Partnerships to execute some key projects in the State.

He said the Government has also identified tourism as a key component of its plan to diversify the State’s economy, saying that over N20billion was earmarked for tourism initiatives in the 2017 budget, just as he disclosed that Badagry, Lagos Island and Epe are tourism hubs that would be developed to make Lagos one of the foremost tourism destinations in Africa.

“In the short to medium term, our reform in the solid waste collection and disposal will help us achieve our vision of cleaner Lagos. As 25% of Lagos is covered by water, we shall leverage on water transportation, in combination with rail and road networks to provide Lagosians with integrated transportation system that will reduce travel time. We will continue to invest in security and power generation and distribution to achieve a 24 hour economy for Lagos.

“The whole idea behind this aggressive pursuit of dividends of democracy is to reflate the economy and ensure continuous provision of direct and indirect jobs at a critical time in our nation,” the Governor said.

https://dailytimes.ng/targets-make-lagos-third-largest-economy-africa-ambode/

This guy is doing fine. One of the best from last election.

1 Like

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:

Lagos can't be no 1. For Lagos to be the no. 1 in Africa, Lagos has to be an independent country. Even if the remaining 35 states plus FCT makes a GDP of one naira, Nigeria > Lagos, you get it?

1 Like

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
jerrythafinisher:
In this recession? Coupled with the weak naira?? It a no no
Enemy of progress

1 Like

Re: Our Target Is To Make Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa – Ambode by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
Draei:

You really need to download an Oxford
dictionary then check the meaning of hate.
Aim higher in life, You wanna sit 3rd in class
cuz you were 5th huh? Alright, nuff said.
We know your type ,Long live Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Use NURTW For Elections –INEC / Shettima Aborts US Trip, Blames Faulty Aircraft / Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.