Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

Between MMM And The Banking System In Nigeria; Facing The Truth! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Between MMM And The Banking System In Nigeria; Facing The Truth! (618 Views)

MMM And Lies People Told Themselves---michael Tony-egbo / URGENT NOTICE: For Participants Of MMM And Other Ponzi Schemes / Mmm And Bitcoin A Bubble That Will Soon Burst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between MMM And The Banking System In Nigeria; Facing The Truth! by midastouch231(m): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
For some time now, the news that has been making waves and arguably garnered the most traffic for the month of december on media, both online and offline, has been the improptu freezing of mavro for MMM participants. It led to an expected imbroglio and upheaval. Given that Nigerians are naturally dramatic, its in our DNA...little wonder the success of our entertainment industry... most especially nollywood, it resulted to an expected tension.
I have quietly observed d unfolding drama that resulted from the freezing of MMM mavro, and I, like many other Nigerians out there, noticed some funny trends. But before u read on, it should interest u to note that the writer is neither 'anti' or 'pro' mmm
1. From my little research, i found out that A whole bunch of nay sayers or what u'll term anti-MMM Nigerians, are either people who didn't participate because they didn't have the money to participate, or those who didn't participate because they were scared to, little wonder they easily dragged MMM to a literal slaughterhouse, causing a nationwide fear and panick amongst participants....i guess that was their own way of saying "i told u so".
2. Everybody was at fault!.
a. Firstly, MMM, for not anticipating the reason for freezing participants mavros beforehand and tackling it or putting measures to prepare for it thereby preventing all this tension in the first place.
b. Secondly, The media. Knowing that same thing happened in zimbabwe, south africa and parent country russia, wouldn't it have been wise to first of all, investigate the true cause of their mishaps before labelling MMM 'CRASHED'. To members, it was just frozen as was and can still be seen in their personal office, but the media duely termed it as 'crashed' which led a host of Nigerians to either panick or play the 'i told u so' tune.
c. Thirdly, The participants. It was clearly labelled in red colour, participate with only spare money. As daunting as we can be, i dont want to say greedy coz u can hardly blame anybody 4 anything in this recession period....Nigerians have been super brave this period, some Nigerians participated with their school fees, others house rent, wedding budget and some even borrowed. If am right, all these dont fall under the category of spare money. If my guess is right, i believe spare money means monies u can do without which include smoking allowance, drinking allowance, girl chasing allowance and many other expenses that are not important. So, if u fall under this category, next time, learn.
d. Fourthly, Non-participants. Why would someone who claims not to have participated go around spreading rumours and in some cases, lies, which are uncalled for. In my own opinion, this group of people are either ignorant, jealous or damn right evil. Mocking participants in that sort of 'i told u so' manner could push weaker participants to do crazy things. U dont know what a little encouragement could do in d life of a brother. Lets learn to be our brothers' keeper.
e. Fifthly, Nairaland. Last but not least, nairaland. Sirs, and to the mods' proof reading this, i understand that according to rule 16 in your 'compose new thread' page, it clearly states that promotion of pro-online business is not allowed. But with all due respect sirs, if promotion is not allowed, to an extent, i feel demotion shouldn't be encouraged either. All the while this MMM situation has been on going, threads that tell ill of the scheme and reports about someone regretting or killing themselves somewhere floods the frontpage and all these reports haven't been accurately verified either, the threads just find themselves in frontpage just like that. I pray God helps us and all ends well 4 every party involved tho.
3. The banks castigating MMM are no better. Funny how banks throw stones at MMM when they too are with sin. I've noticed that individuals too 'provide help' and 'get help' with their respective financial institutions, it just has been christened differently, 'debit' and 'credit'. In a typical financial institution, if there's no credit, there cant be any money to debit. And thats how MMM works too. Lately, the federal government paid salaries between 22nd and 23rd. There was increased activity in all d banks nationwide, so everybody wanted to withdraw, the banks couldn't chest the incessant withdrawals, they had to 'freeze' the cash too. Now the result is, mamoth crowd seen at ATM centres nationwide. It shows it can happen to anybody too.
Finally, we all know that our banks can never fold up. Why, simple reason- Nigerians including me, will always crawl back to their respective financial institutions and credit their accounts subsequently, to keep their money safe which would inturn ensure the 'debit-credit' cycle keeps revolving. If this teaches us anything, it means the future of of the MMM scheme literarily rests in the hands of the participants. If it stands, they made it, if it falls, they also made it. Thank you.
Oro' Midas 2016.

3 Likes

Re: Between MMM And The Banking System In Nigeria; Facing The Truth! by freeman67: 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
@op first of all you said you are neither Pro or Anti-MMM but if anybody take time to read this your post, s/he will see where your bias lies. You are subconsciously for MMM. That said, Ordinarily people like me would be seen by you as a nay sayer or an anti-mmm person because I am not in consonance with that way of making money. I have everything it required to take. At least even if it is the required amount and funny enough some pple like me were market at the early but then it doesn't matter like I told my family and friends ' if that's the only way to get rich I'ld rather remain poor'. Call it investment, help or whatever it was not built on anything... That does not make it look as if it will not later crash even though I don't believe it has crashed yet.

Secondly, The category I fall in your list of people at fault is D. The none participants. When you have family and friends that their action affect you either directly or indirectly you would caution them when making wrong moves. I am not in anyway Ignorant of the scheme neither am I jealous so I will not lie to people ..for what na! why would I be jealous of what I decided not to be part of. As a matter of fact I have and may still have to let some cash out to cushion the effect of the scheme around me if by Jan it does not normalise for my people in it to cash out.Not all of that didn't agree with it are lagging at the participant.
To briefly comment on ur E. part..I think Nairaland actually helped in publicising them more because when I started getting their SMS early Feb 2016, It was from a post on Nairaland that I later got who to make verifications from and even went on to add a guilder on my what'sapp. But all could not genuinely answer my questions so its good let Nairalanders know what is coming out from other posters too.

Thirdly, Banks are far far better than the MMM. Infact there is no room for comparison. 1. Banks have so many branches nationwide its only people that are in area where their bank braches are few that experienced the freeze if only they are in area where the banks have many branches it would have been OK bit in MMMs case what other option do there have than to keep looking at their personal office on computer.?
2.Banks did not freeze the money for almost one month, its only for about 3 days and all that would disappear Immediately after Christmas. Infact it was not even a total freeze because some of the branches affected were still giving out monies till they were exhausted not MMM that promised to increase 20% interest in order to lure people then after gathering people Christmas and wedding monies the guilders and old members cashed out at the expense of new comers and started preaching to them. 3. Let's pray it does not turn out the way of other countries MMM if not na reduction of mavro GH to 10% subject to new member PH oooo. 4. Banks do not give outrageous interest to people for doing nothing instead they make use peoples money for realtime investment and businesses and use their profit to run their business. 5. Banks have physical address and even contact person/customer care that we can call and vent your anger but MMM has none. So you cannot compare them.

For every pyramid scheme there will be a time it will get saturated. So no matter how members try when GH request frequently becomes more than PH request it will eventually happen. I just pray it comes back so that my loved ones can cash out finally even though I tried to desuade them to no avail. Let us as a nation work on our get rich quick syndrome and greed that seem to be engulfing our Nation.
Re: Between MMM And The Banking System In Nigeria; Facing The Truth! by midastouch231(m): 11:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
freeman67:
@op first of all you said you are neither Pro or Anti-MMM but if anybody take time to read this your post, s/he will see where your bias lies. You are subconsciously for MMM. That said, Ordinarily people like me would be seen by you as a nay sayer or an anti-mmm person because I am not in consonance with that way of making money. I have everything it required to take. At least even if it is the required amount and funny enough some pple like me were market at the early but then it doesn't matter like I told my family and friends ' if that's the only way to get rich I'ld rather remain poor'. Call it investment, help or whatever it was not built on anything... That does not make it look as if it will not later crash even though I don't believe it has crashed yet.

Secondly, The category I fall in your list of people at fault is D. The none participants. When you have family and friends that their action affect you either directly or indirectly you would caution them when making wrong moves. I am not in anyway Ignorant of the scheme neither am I jealous so I will not lie to people ..for what na! why would I be jealous of what I decided not to be part of. As a matter of fact I have and may still have to let some cash out to cushion the effect of the scheme around me if by Jan it does not normalise for my people in it to cash out.Not all of that didn't agree with it are lagging at the participant.
To briefly comment on ur E. part..I think Nairaland actually helped in publicising them more because when I started getting their SMS early Feb 2016, It was from a post on Nairaland that I later got who to make verifications from and even went on to add a guilder on my what'sapp. But all could not genuinely answer my questions so its good let Nairalanders know what is coming out from other posters too.

Thirdly, Banks are far far better than the MMM. Infact there is no room for comparison. 1. Banks have so many branches nationwide its only people that are in area where their bank braches are few that experienced the freeze if only they are in area where the banks have many branches it would have been OK bit in MMMs case what other option do there have than to keep looking at their personal office on computer.?
2.Banks did not freeze the money for almost one month, its only for about 3 days and all that would disappear Immediately after Christmas. Infact it was not even a total freeze because some of the branches affected were still giving out monies till they were exhausted not MMM that promised to increase 20% interest in order to lure people then after gathering people Christmas and wedding monies the guilders and old members cashed out at the expense of new comers and started preaching to them. 3. Let's pray it does not turn out the way of other countries MMM if not na reduction of mavro GH to 10% subject to new member PH oooo. 4. Banks do not give outrageous interest to people for doing nothing instead they make use peoples money for realtime investment and businesses and use their profit to run their business. 5. Banks have physical address and even contact person/customer care that we can call and vent your anger but MMM has none. So you cannot compare them.

For every pyramid scheme there will be a time it will get saturated. So no matter how members try when GH request frequently becomes more than PH request it will eventually happen. I just pray it comes back so that my loved ones can cash out finally even though I tried to desuade them to no avail. Let us as a nation work on our get rich quick syndrome and greed that seem to be engulfing the of our Nation.
....sir, but mmm aint the only pyramid scheme right now; by my count, they well over 7. why is it that when its mmm, every1 turns? Ultimate cycler crashed and got back, no one heard so much as a squirk! Maybe its because they have high participants tho, but i just wonder. I pray Nigerians' mavro is unfrozen so we all have peace of mind.
Re: Between MMM And The Banking System In Nigeria; Facing The Truth! by freeman67: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2016
Because MMM is the ring leader. If you want to quell a riot you have to take out the leader because the credit of excelling or being suppressed goes to the people that champion the cause. Moreover those other one do not have a significant no of subscribers as MMM.

(1) (Reply)

What MMM Tells You About A Nigerian / MMM Plans 40 Percent Interest Rate For Participants / Ponzi School Where Lecturers Refer 5 Students Annually Or Get Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.