Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill (20306 Views)

Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ / Fatima Abubakar, Sultan's Daughter Graduates From U.K University / Nigeria's Sultan Of Sokoto Rejects Gender Equality Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
brownhawk:
too impressive so u are probably male not female

Why should I hide under the disguise of a woman? Am a true African woman

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
princetom1:

To see this coming from a woman, i weep.
Do anyone follows u to ur matrimonial home and tell u to disrespect ur husband? Their are pressing issues on gender equality that needs quick solution,

1) In the north, alot of females children dont go to school bcoz they belong to d oda room and kitchen
2) They are abused sexually and emotionally
3) No one is ready to fight for d ladies, they are on their own
4) They basically have no right to anything than wat their husband command
5) This make them stark illeterate, which in turns leads to many other vices, boko haram comes to mind, child mortality, and countless others
6) I have hausas and Muslims all around me and sometimes, i feel bad for the ladies, though Muslims in other parts are different
7) Child marriage

Sometimes, u consider the advantages of something with its disadvantages,
God knows, if u disrespect ur husband, u will marry urself, even if u are a traditional religion practitioner, and no court will say otherwise tongue angry

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
Izen:

Please speak for yourself. I'm a woman, a Christian and I fully support the gender equality bill. It doesn't take away the headship of my husband. It is not an avenue for me to disrespect him. The bill has nothing to do with who is the head of the household. Have you guys even read that bill? Half of you sound ignorant. Someone is out there trying to help your life, you're here saying rubbish. If the gender equality bill will enter your head and make you to start misbehaving to your husband, please that's on you. Don't subject the rest of us to your stupidity. Thanks.

Thank you for the police insult....
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
Izen:

Please speak for yourself. I'm a woman, a Christian and I fully support the gender equality bill. It doesn't take away the headship of my husband. It is not an avenue for me to disrespect him. The bill has nothing to do with who is the head of the household. Have you guys even read that bill? Half of you sound ignorant. Someone is out there trying to help your life, you're here saying rubbish. If the gender equality bill will enter your head and make you to start misbehaving to your husband, please that's on you. Don't subject the rest of us to your stupidity. Thanks.

Thank you for the polite insult....

2 Likes

Sonn:
beautiful woman with a beautiful brain

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by brownhawk: 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
Princess4ng:

Why should I hide under the disguise of a woman? Am a true African woman
"true African woman "?which Nigerian lady of nowadays will want to admit that?
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
brownhawk:
"true African woman "?which Nigerian lady of nowadays will want to admit that?

Convincing u wont add money to my purse so I dont think there is any need to do that
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by brownhawk: 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
Princess4ng:

Convincing u wont add money to my purse so I dont think there is any need to do that
are u sure
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
brownhawk:
are u sure

Exactly..... If u r really want to find out.. U can do it..
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by brownhawk: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Princess4ng:

Exactly..... If u r really want to find out.. U can do it..
this is interesting
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Supreme55:
Oga listen to yourself. But a widower is allowed to remarry a woman of his choice? The vows say till death do they part.

I don't think u got me clearly...my problem is NOT a widow/widower remarrying! NO. It is rather bringing the newly married party to the dead party's matrimonial home...that's just too bad and disrespectful. It's unheard of for a woman to do such where she is married into a man's home/house! It's unacceptable in African culture. A remarried widow should move into her new husband's house. Unless ofcourse she's the one that married a man into her own house!
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
mmb:
relocate to israel, or hug a transformer

why Israel when biafra is alive and kicking ...hehehe
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Ubenedictus(m): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Princess4ng:

Thank you.... What I know is what I said... Atleast am entitled to my own opinion
I may reject ur opinions frm today till tomorrow but i'll never deny u have d right to hold and speak them. Even when i am sure ur views are wrong.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ubenedictus:
I may reject ur opinions frm today till tomorrow but i'll never deny u have d right to hold and speak them. Even when i am sure ur views are wrong.

Thank you
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by jedisco(m): 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
Princess4ng:
Not only in Islam... Even culturally, u cant say a woman and man are equal... Even Bible said that man is d head meaning man is superior.. In some culture sef.. Women worst their husbands like gods... Am a woman, I know we should be allowed and given some right but total equality is not advisable.... E go too climb our head sef

I quite disagree and agree with you.
It should be gender equity towards the family aspect but equality toward work aspects. I'm sure many ladies for don tackle you for this thread already untop this post.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
jedisco:

I quite disagree and agree with you.
It should be gender equity towards the family aspect but equality toward work aspects. I'm sure many ladies for don tackle you for this thread already untop this post.

Guy... If no be God... The kind insult wey I get eh... From pple that I know will not even say Hello to me in real life...
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by cococandy(f): 12:52am On Dec 29, 2016
futprintz:

I don't think u got me clearly...my problem is NOT a widow/widower remarrying! NO. It is rather bringing the newly married party to the dead party's matrimonial home...that's just too bad and disrespectful. It's unheard of for a woman to do such where she is married into a man's home/house! It's unacceptable in African culture. A remarried widow should move into her new husband's house. Unless ofcourse she's the one that married a man into her own house!
But you can bring a new wife into your late wife's matrimonial home?

Oh I forgot. Women can't own homes according to most Nigerian culture.

Sexist chauvinist prigs.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Kingspin(m): 1:44am On Dec 29, 2016
Who will educate the North? Because this guys like religion pass human. If you give them free education, sultan and emirs will also block it. Useless heads.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 29, 2016
cococandy:

But you can bring a new wife into your late wife's matrimonial home?

Oh I forgot. Women can't own homes according to most Nigerian culture.

Sexist chauvinist prigs.
Ofcourse, more often than nt, it's a man that marries a woman into HIS house...AGAIN, UNLESS THE WOMAN WAS MARRIED INTO HER OWN HOUSE,then there won't any problem remaining in it wen she remarries! Concentrate more in having some sense n undastanding me correctly! Don't be so eager to twist my words!
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by cococandy(f): 7:46am On Dec 29, 2016
futprintz:
Ofcourse, more often than nt, it's a man that marries a woman into HIS house...AGAIN, UNLESS THE WOMAN WAS MARRIED INTO HER OWN HOUSE,then there won't any problem remaining in it wen she remarries! Concentrate more in having some sense n undastanding me correctly! Don't be so eager to twist my words!
Most of you have no concept of what a healthy marriage is.
His house indeed.
She was a tenant I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by bolayei: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2016
Justdulla:

You are one of the saddening problems of Nigerian youths. The problem is that you people don't read and arent informed. Islam already has laws on what the legislature is aiming to implement, so why should they subject muslims to a new one??
They have been living with it for many years and there has never been problem of Inheritance et al In muslim domains because there is already a stipulated sharing formula.
I made use of google. Next time make use of google as well before posting thrash. It will be beneficial for common sense and humanity
That's what I thought, I can recall reading some proposed laws already In the Muslim holy book except he is asking for it not to be imposed on other religion.
After reading the Muslim holy book I realised a lot of laws in western countries rely on some Islamic laws without making reference.

I am not a Muslim or christian I believe in God but I'm not perfect hence why I'm not a Muslim/born again
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by alezzy13: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2016
Supreme55:
where is your sense? Just listen to yourself.

Seriously are you okay at all? What is wrong is what I said?

As I said I'm in total support of the rights women should get, but the "equality" bit is needless and unnecessary.

You should understand the mention of the word is likely to spark opposition.

You can advocate all the rights for women without parroting the equality thingy, simply because THEY ARE NOT!!!.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 29, 2016
cococandy:

Most of you have no concept of what a healthy marriage is.
His house indeed.
She was a tenant I guess.
I see...u have a concept of wat a good marriage is....and you wouldn't mind humiliating n dishonouring your dead husband by bringing a second man into your matrimonial home with him because he's dead! Oh wonderful! Goodspeed!!! Besides, it's important to note dat no opinion is absolute on the matter. All depends on the parties/individuals, their idiosyncrasies n the circumstances! Many men/women wouldn't mind allowing different shades of our opinions in their case! Opinions can change considering the above factors...so plzzzzzzz!
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by omonnakoda: 11:00am On Dec 29, 2016
alezzy13:

Seriously are you okay at all? What is wrong is what I said?

As I said I'm in total support of the rights women should get, but the "equality" bit is needless and unnecessary.

You should understand the mention of the word is likely to spark opposition.

You can advocate all the rights for women without parroting the equality thingy, simply because THEY ARE NOT!!!.
NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION SAYS
17. (1) The State social order is founded on ideals of Freedom, Equality and Justice.

(2) In furtherance of the social order-

(a) every citizen shall have equality of rights, obligations and opportunities before the law;
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by cococandy(f): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2016
If that's such a horrible thing to do why do you think it's okay for the man to do it instead?

The woman has no honor? I get it.

Your hypocrisy stinks.
futprintz:
I see...u have a concept of wat a good marriage is....and you wouldn't mind humiliating n dishonouring your dead husband by bringing a second man into your matrimonial home with him because he's dead! Oh wonderful! Goodspeed!!! Besides, it's important to note dat no opinion is absolute on the matter. All depends on the parties/individuals, their idiosyncrasies n the circumstances! Many men/women wouldn't mind allowing different shades of our opinions in their case! Opinions can change considering the above factors...so plzzzzzzz!

1 Like

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by jedisco(m): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2016
Princess4ng:

Guy... If no be God... The kind insult wey I get eh... From pple that I know will not even say Hello to me in real life...

Lol. Big madam indeed. That's the internet for you. Everybody get mouth. Once you express a controversial opinion, expect a barrage of insults to follow.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
cococandy:
If that's such a horrible thing to do why do you think it's okay for the man to do it instead?

The woman has no honor? I get it.

Your hypocrisy stinks.
I believe I've addressed this your question in my previous posts...but then u're so incorrigible... u keep arguing in cycles. I am wasting my time talking to you. You're very shallow minded! I've no biz with ur kind
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
jedisco:

Lol. Big madam indeed. That's the internet for you. Everybody get mouth. Once you express a controversial opinion, expect a barrage of insults to follow.

I see ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Non-'chi' Igbo Names / Why Do Africans Look At Black Americans As A Source Of Shame? / Important Drums Of The Yoruba People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.