Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,836 members, 7,906,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. (12495 Views)

Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / Modern Work Place Vs Old Work Place: Why New Firms Are Taking Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by hephedollarpoh(f): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2016
all you need to do is ignore him, people will talk, let them talk....pretend like he does not exist and be careful no one put that jean in ur stuff.
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by AngelsAndStars(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2016
OP just ignore him and be careful of your own bag.

same way I was accused by my fellow yeye deper life Corper of using his ATM to buy something online worth 10K. he told most of the corpers that I stole his money, suspected me because I was one of the rugged and baddest corpers then. me I just ignored all of them

only for him to call me months after service, telling me his money has been retracted. I only hoped he cleared my name.

people can be really stupid.

ignore him and be very careful
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by pressplay411(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2016
steal his babe.
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Orikinla1: 8:50am On Dec 28, 2016
fabraham:
Keep your friend close and your enemy closer
But beware of him.
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Worksunlimited: 9:16am On Dec 28, 2016
VanDre:
I recently got employed as a barman at a hotel,all has been fine until yesterday when i received a call from my supervisor (my shift had ended so i was home relaxing) asking me if i had seen his jean he'd washed and hanged at the backyard, i told him no he should check well, he then said i should check my bag ( i normally carry my laptop bag to work where i keep my valuables and occasionally i use it bring my laundry from home) just to be sure i checked my bag and didn't see his jean, he ended the call when i told him nothing was in the bag.

Fast forward this morning he called again and said i should "check my room for his jean",i got pissed but i controlled my anger and told him his jean wasn't with me.

When i got to work , he didn't confront me but was making sidetalks saying, i should bring is expensive jeans that he bought it very expensive.
I tried ignoring him, since he didn't say it directly, but i got angry and couldn't take it anymore, so i told him to stop making nasty statements and not to say something he wasn't sure of. He then shrugged and said he didn't call my name oo and continued with the sidetalks.

Later in the day when my boss came, he reported the matter to him, i guess my boss probably told him that's his business or something cos after that he started threatening me that he'll get back at me and I'll see. I just ignored him but now my coworkers are "looking at me one kind" like im guilty.
I've never had issues with him before, instead i thought we were "flowing" cos we related well.

There nlanders i don't want to do something I'll later regret so please tell me what step i should take next.

It's a simple case of...

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by TundeCole(m): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2016
I recall a time when my fiancee (now my wife) came home frm her work place, looking so moody and disturbed. though she tried to hide her emotion, but i was quick to observe d change in her.
she explained to me dat a colleague of claimed she couldn't find some money she kept in her locker (d locker was broken), and dat she (my fiancee) was her colleague's only suspect because they both av their lockers close to each other's.
the annoying thing is this accusations were not made openly but just sidetalks.

i knew d problem btw both of them started when my fiancee was promoted ahead of her due to qualification advantage. i advised my fiancee to pretend she heard nothing, and to continue discharging her normal duties since their was no open confrotation.

just two weeks later, d real thief was caught stealing frm another locker. the irony of it all was dat d first victim was seriously blamed for spreading false accusations.
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by kayceeD2(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2016
VanDre:
I recently got employed as a barman at a hotel,all has been fine until yesterday when i received a call from my supervisor (my shift had ended so i was home relaxing) asking me if i had seen his jean he'd washed and hanged at the backyard, i told him no he should check well, he then said i should check my bag ( i normally carry my laptop bag to work where i keep my valuables and occasionally i use it bring my laundry from home) just to be sure i checked my bag and didn't see his jean, he ended the call when i told him nothing was in the bag.

Fast forward this morning he called again and said i should "check my room for his jean",i got pissed but i controlled my anger and told him his jean wasn't with me.

When i got to work , he didn't confront me but was making sidetalks saying, i should bring is expensive jeans that he bought it very expensive.
I tried ignoring him, since he didn't say it directly, but i got angry and couldn't take it anymore, so i told him to stop making nasty statements and not to say something he wasn't sure of. He then shrugged and said he didn't call my name oo and continued with the sidetalks.

Later in the day when my boss came, he reported the matter to him, i guess my boss probably told him that's his business or something cos after that he started threatening me that he'll get back at me and I'll see. I just ignored him but now my coworkers are "looking at me one kind" like im guilty.
I've never had issues with him before, instead i thought we were "flowing" cos we related well.

There nlanders i don't want to do something I'll later regret so please tell me what step i should take next.
Are u sure u didn't steal d jean?
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 28, 2016
MusaIbrahim1:
[b]a clear mind fears no accussation... but do you know anything about that jeans? this recession sef?? jean kwa? I dont blame you or your supervisor... i blame Buhari[/b]

I love your saying and I agree with you.

--------
Op

I sometimes wrongly accuse people because of I've been robbed before unsuspectingly by people I thought were from good homes but the demeanor of the accused always makes me apologize sooner than later. I don't mean to I just don't really trust people a lot

He May suspect you but how you behave goes a long way also proving your innocence. You can invite everyone to your house search is everywhere pull the whole house apart then ask why he accused you I am assuming your innocent.

Sometimes people have bias but you can prove them wrong
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Originalsly: 11:46am On Dec 28, 2016
VanDre:
( i normally carry my laptop bag to work where i keep my valuables and occasionally i use it bring my laundry from home)
As a new employee... help me understand why you would be taking laundry to work...at a bar.... occasionally? ...and how much laundry fits in a laptop bag? I want to believe you had this all planned out....laptop bag...perfect to fit a pair of jeans. Who on earth carries laundry in laptop bag? Hmmmm....unless you be talking about thongs and ladies undies... maybe?
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by emmanuel596(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
worldman:
may God almighty bless your brain

Amen and yours too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is Easier To Pass Toefl O Ielts / Suggestions: What Would Be The Minimum Hourly Pay Rate For The Nigerian Workers? / What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.