Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,948 members, 7,922,340 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:22 AM

Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? (1864 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by tiatma: 11:44pm On Nov 23, 2009
Niyi53:

Hello guys!the tomb of Jesus has been discovered in khanyar street,sirnagar  india.(for more info, go to this website: www.alislam.org)
Pls you christians why dont you move closer to the muslims and ask them concerning their  religion before you start hurling abuse on them? The muslims are talking about Jesus based on what the christians told them.

@above

Origin of Fantastical tales about Yus Asaf of Rozbal also known as Jesus of Kashmir

According to the fantastical stories the rod of Moses was also originally kept at the grave of Yus Asaf of Khanyar but was later moved to the shrine of Sheikh Zain-ud-din at Aishmuqam, that there is another grave the real grave underneath the present one kept at the location. And so on. The stories are fantastic. Recently some one even wrote a thriller around the stories titled 'Rozabal Line' inspired by the'Rose Line' in "Da Vinci Code". [A BBC series on the Stories, this part of video concerns Jesus in Kashmir]

I first read about - 'Rozbal, Jesus in Kashmir, grave of Yus Asaf (Kashmiri Jesus) at Rozbal Khanyaar, and so on', many years ago as a teenage when one afternoon I discovered a tattered old thin book (don't remember its name) about the Kashmiri Jesus in the Ranbir Singh library of Jammu. I was certainly intriguing, especially at that age.

These fantastic stories about 'Jesus in Kashmir stories' first started doing rounds towards the end of 19th century and were spread and started by Ahmedias. It actually had more to do with power tussle among the Muslims.

Muslims believe Jesus Christ was not crucified but rather ascended straight to heaven. They also believe that his second advent would signal the end of world,  that would be Qiyamat (the Day of Judgement). As opposed to this Ahmedians have their own concept of the last Messiah. Ahmedians believe Christ, wounded and in an unconscious state, was removed from the cross at the last moment and moved to a secret burial altar . Special ointment (marham-i-isa) was applied on his wounds and over days he eventually got better. But then he came out of the burial vault and traveled to the holy land of Kashmir where he taught the lost tribes of Israel, became known as Yus Asaf, lived until the age of 120 and was finally buried at Khanyaar.

Today's the start of 20th century thee stories were picked by visiting foreigners who were already fascinated by the 'Jewish' looking Kashmiris and now by these interesting tales about Kashmiri Jesus.

Sir Francis Younghusband, Resident of Kashmir for three years starting 1906, about these Jesus in Kashmir stories, wrote in his book 'Kashmir' (1911):

"Other interesting types of Kashmir Mohamedans are found among the headmen of the picturesque little hamlets along the foot-hills. Here may be seen fine old patriarchal types, just as we picture to ourselves the Israelitish heroes of old. Some, indeed, say, though I must admit without much authority, that these Kashmiris are of the lost tribes of Israel. Only this year there died in the Punjab the founder of a curious sect, who maintained that he was both the Messiah of the Jews and the Mahdi of the Mohamedans; that Christ had never really died upon the Cross, but had been let down and had disappeared, as He had foretold, to seek that which was lost, by which He meant the lost tribes of Israel ; and that He had come to Kashmir and was buried in Srinagar. It is a curious theory, and was worked out by this founder of the Quadiani sect in much detail. There resided in Kashmir some 1900 years ago a saint of the name of Yus Asaf, who preached in parables and used many of the same parables as Christ used,as, for instance, the parable of the sower. His tomb is in Srinagar, and the theory of this founder of the Quadiani sect is that Yus Asaf and Jesus are one and the same person. When the people are in appearance of such a decided Jewish cast it is curious that such a theory should exist ; and certainly, as I have said, there are real Biblical types to be seen everywhere in Kashmir, and especially among the upland villages. Here the Israelitish shepherd tending his flocks and herds may any day be seen."

The founder of the sect (Ahmedian) was Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian who died in 1908.

The really interesting thing is that at the root of these stories was a Russian Jew converted to Greek Orthodoxy, a man named Nicolas Notovitch ( believed to be the inspiration for the character of Great Game Spy in Rudyard Kipling's Kim).

In 1887 Nicolas Notovitch, visited India and Tibet. Notovitch claimed that during his travels in the Himalayas, at the monastery of Hemis in Ladakh, he came to know about the 'secret life of Jesus' through a 'Tibetan gospel' (that he translated as) "Life of Saint Issa, Best of the Sons of Men." In 1894, Notovitch got this 'unknown gospel' published in French as La vie inconnue de Jesus Christ. And it later became famous 'The Unknown Life of Chris'.

According to this text Jesus at the age of thirteen ( start of his lost years ) traveled to India and learned the local religious of Jains, Hindus and Buddhists and preached to them.

And so the stories go on.

Now, here's the interesting part . . .

To read further http://searchkashmir..com/2009/05/origin-of-fantastical-tales-about-yus.html
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by lightwalk(m): 11:48pm On Nov 23, 2009
Deep Sight:

He is sitted at the right hand side of YHWH? Haba, Nezan, but you have argued previously that he is YHWH himself! So which one is this "sitting at the ride hand side of HIMSELF?"
Haba. This one no be deep question o shocked grin
That's where trinity comes in. You can argue about God to a certain extent with reason, but at some point, only faith will show you the way cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2009
Pls know that there is a difference between a fairytale and a true story. If you read the book of history, you just dont read it but you have to read it and study it very well. Know that jesus DID NOT travell to kashmir before the event of crucifixion. It was after the event that he travelled.
I am a muslim and i am a member of the ahmadiyya sect.
It is not met that we rely on a false story and think that the truth is gone. Been ignorant of the truth does not falsify it. So therefore try to make more findings about yus asaph and also try to know about the amadis view concerning it by asking them or reading their books and not the books their opponents wrote about them. If i want to know about you i ask you personaly or a true friend of yours or a sermo closer to you cos if i ask your enemy about you, you should not expect that he says the right thing . The prove of the sun is the sun.  For more info www.alislam.org
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
Olabowale.
Pls know that the holy quran did not mention that jesus was raised to heaven, it only says that 'Allah raised him to Himself'. Allah is not confined to a particular place that you would say that a person was raised to Him. The word 'rafa'ha' as used in different places in the holy Quran refers to spiritual exaltation when God is the subject. See chapter 94,ch 7:176,24:36,56:3. Etc.
The holy prophet has also used the word 'warfa'ni' meaning (and raise me) in his supplication in his prayer but he was not raised physicaly but spiritualy. Hazrat umar says Allah will 'rafa'ha' (raise) some people by means of this Quran and He will also abase some. Since all have been reading the quran there has been no raising. The funny thing about the translation is that when the word is used in regards to the Holy Prophet or other prophets, it is translated to mean spiritual uplift but if it is used in regards to jesus, they take it to mean a physical raising. So therefore read the holy quran and ponder over it and dont be misled. For more info visit www.alislam.org
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Nezan(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2009
abuzola999:

Shut up

'Glorified is your Lord, the Lord of Honour and and power ! (HE is free) from what they attribute to Him ! And peace be on the messengers ! And all praise and thanks are Allah's, the Lord of everything that exist'

Quran 37:180-182

Another set of words put into the mouth of allah, one of the many idols of the kaaba by mohammed.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Nezan(m): 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2009
Niyi53:

Hello guys!the tomb of Jesus has been discovered in khanyar street,sirnagar india.(for more info, go to this website: www.alislam.org)
Pls you christians why dont you move closer to the muslims and ask them concerning their religion before you start hurling abuse on them? The muslims are talking about Jesus based on what the christians told them.

Pathetic muslims, always trying to steal Jesus into the islamic lie to give them some credibility.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Nezan(m): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
Deep Sight:

He is sitted at the right hand side of YHWH? Haba, Nezan, but you have argued previously that he is YHWH himself! So which one is this "sitting at the ride hand side of HIMSELF?"

I wonder what is wrong with the brain of an atheist.

The Trinity= YHWH, Jesus and Holy Spirit.

Even if Jesus was YHWH, common sense will tell you that I was referring to God the Father.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Nezan(m): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2009
abuzola999:

@olabowale- it is judas iscariot grave, since the christian argue that judas is jesus we have no choice than to address judas as jesus pertinent to the biblical

Ha ha ha, this brainless chap never ceases to show his low level of reasoning.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2009
Whether you accept or not, jesus is dead. This is something supported by the Bible. Visit www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Nezan(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2009
Niyi53:

Whether you accept or not, jesus is dead. This is something supported by the Bible. Visit www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/

Why is it that these brainless muslims are fond of spewing out non-sensical posts.

We Christians never deny the death of Jesus, it was through His death that He gave us everlasting life, and ascended up to the Father.

On the contrary, it is you muslims who have been denying the death of Jesus, claiming that He never died on the cross, but was substituted by Judas (such a funny unsubstantiated lie).

Lest I forgot, I read somewhere that you were an ahmadiyya movement follower? so you can educate olabowale on the different sects in Islam.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Nezan(m): 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
abuzola999:

Nezan and noetic a msg 4u

'The messiah (jesus), son of mary was no more than a messenger, many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother (Mary) was truthful believer. They both use to eat food (as any other human being, while God does not eat). Look how we make the revealation clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away from the truth' Quran 5:75

Another wishful thinking of mohammed, put into the mouth of one of the idols in the kaaba, allah. I dont worship idols.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
Nezan:

Why is it that these brainless muslims are fond of spewing out non-sensical posts.

We Christians never deny the death of Jesus, it was through His death that He gave us everlasting life, and ascended up to the Father.

On the contrary, it is you muslims who have been denying the death of Jesus, claiming that He never died on the cross, but was substituted by Judas (such a funny unsubstantiated lie).

Lest I forgot, I read somewhere that you were an ahmadiyya movement follower? so you can educate olabowale on the different sects in Islam.

it seems you are not getting my message. My belief is that jesus did not die on the cross, instead he was saved and thereafter migrated to india in search of the lost tribes of israel. He died at the ripe age of 120.
The historian Gwatkin says: "either christ is in the fullest sense divine, or else he is not. If he is, the christians worship two gods: if he is not, they worship a creature. Either way there is no escape from the charge of polytheism"
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by olabowale(m): 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Niyi53: « #44 on: Today at 03:33:54 PM »
Olabowale.
Pls know that the holy quran did not mention that jesus was raised to heaven, it only says that 'Allah raised him to Himself'. Allah is not confined to a particular place that you would say that a person was raised to Him. The word 'rafa'ha' as used in different places in the holy Quran refers to spiritual exaltation when God is the subject. See chapter 94,ch 7:176,24:36,56:3. Etc.
Since Allah did not say he was killed (mait) on earth, then we know the issue of death has not occurred to Jesus, yet. We also know that Allah says Jesus is going to be returned. If therefore you need understanding of the two verses, you got to go into the tafsir and hadith on each! There is no place that the Prophet (AS), the sahaba (RA) and the two following generations said or slightly incinuated that Jesus died or migrated! Please stay within Quran, Ahadith, Tafsir and dont be among those who will taste jahannam.

The holy prophet has also used the word 'warfa'ni' meaning (and raise me) in his supplication in his prayer but he was not raised physicaly but spiritualy.
You now sound as if you do not accept Isra wa Miraj, both in the Quran?

Hazrat umar says Allah will 'rafa'ha' (raise) some people by means of this Quran and He will also abase some. Since all have been reading the quran there has been no raising. The funny thing about the translation is that when the word is used in regards to the Holy Prophet or other prophets, it is translated to mean spiritual uplift but if it is used in regards to jesus, they take it to mean a physical raising. So therefore read the holy quran and ponder over it and dont be misled. For more info visit www.alislam.org
I do not have a different opinion other than what Muhammad (AS) says, what his Creator says. Dont be confused my brother; Allah descended Adam and his mate from Jannah to earth (ardi) not because He debased Adam (AS), for Adam is a people of Paradise. But because Allah says to the Angels that he was going to create a viceroy of the earth, yet Adam was created in Heaven, then made to live in Paradise, until he was sent to the earth.

When Muhammad (AS) says that Isa bin Maryam was raised up to Allah, the ahadith says it was alive, body and soul! When Muhammad says his own night journey was body and soul, this is how Abu Bakr gained the Title "siddiq" (the truth believer), while others left islam, though Muhammad demostrated he was on the property called masjid Aqsa, and the returning caravan to Makka testified to his presence at night in the resting station he said he encountered them!
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
olabowale:

@Niyi53: « #44 on: Today at 03:33:54 PM »  Since Allah did not say he was killed (mait) on earth, then we know the issue of death has not occurred to Jesus, yet. We also know that Allah says Jesus is going to be returned. If therefore you need understanding of the two verses, you got to go into the tafsir and hadith on each! There is no place that the Prophet (AS), the sahaba (RA) and the two following generations said or slightly incinuated that Jesus died or migrated! Please stay within Quran, Ahadith, Tafsir and dont be among those who will taste jahannam.

You now sound as if you do not accept Isra wa Miraj, both in the Quran?

I do not have a different opinion other than what Muhammad (AS) says, what his Creator says. Dont be confused my brother; Allah descended Adam and his mate from Jannah to earth (ardi) not because He debased Adam (AS), for Adam is a people of Paradise. But because Allah says to the Angels that he was going to create a viceroy of the earth, yet Adam was created in Heaven, then made to live in Paradise, until he was sent to the earth.

When Muhammad (AS) says that Isa bin Maryam was raised up to Allah, the ahadith says it was alive, body and soul! When Muhammad says his own night journey was body and soul, this is how Abu Bakr gained the Title "siddiq" (the truth believer), while others left islam, though Muhammad demostrated he was on the property called masjid Aqsa, and the returning caravan to Makka testified to his presence at night in the resting station he said he encountered them!   

jazakumulla. I am very grateful. Know that the holy quran mentions clearly the death of jesus, eg:5:116, 3:55. In ch 16:21, God says that all that which is been worshiped(called upon or regarded as god) besides Allah,is dead and not living. Jesus according to the holy quran is among those who are been worshiped and therefore is dead. The holy quran did not mention the second coming of jesus and I WILL BE EXPECTING YOU TO PRODUCE THE VERSE WHICH PREDICT HIS COMING IF YOU DONT ACCEPT MY VIEW. It is the tradition that talks about his second coming. Know that i believe the miraj and isra of the holy prophet.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 6:48am On Nov 25, 2009
abuzola999:

The Quran mentioned the coming, i don't mean to intrude sorry
it dosent matter. All i need is that you should provide the verse and the chapter. Its clear and i have said it that jesus is dead. What ch 4:157 is refuting is the death by crucifixion and not the act. 'Salbu' is means of killing by hanging on the cross. Check your dictionary for the meaning of 'crucifixion' in english. 'Qatlu' is also a form of killing which is murder. 'maata' is used in arabic to mean a natural death and this is what is promised to jesus in ch 3:55.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Nezan(m): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2009
I can see that you guys are yet to resolve the issue of Jesus' death, so no need coming here to make baseless posts.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2009
Nezan:

I can see that you guys are yet to resolve the issue of Jesus' death, so no need coming here to make baseless posts.
i want you to give me evidence that jesus died on the cross, not just a statement but 'evidences' from the bible. What i belief is that he did not die on the cross but was saved and later died at the ripe age of 120.
You do claim that it has been prophesised that he is going to be hanged but you have forgotten that there are prophesises that he is going to be saved. Pls kindly explain to me in what way jesus was similar to jonas in matt. 12:40 and luke 11:29,30.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by olabowale(m): 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Niyi53: You should be able to read enough and learn something from the two sites below. Jesus will only die once, and thats in the future, not here yet.

MSA - Understanding IslamJesus (peace be upon him) will return as a savior of the believers , An examination of the verses about Jesus in the Quran indicates that , That Jesus will come back to earth towards the end of time is related in another verse 43:61. , the last period of time before the Day of Judgment and this will be a sign ,
wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/new_page_34.htm - Cached - Similar -

Jesus Will Return - by Harun YahyaThis may also be a sign that Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will die at a time close to Doomsday , In the end, the reality revealed by the Qur'an is this: "Before Jesus dies, , The verse says that Jesus will return toward the end of time or, ,
www.jesuswillreturn.com/s1_3.html - Cached - Similar -

@Nezan: Run along. This conversation is between those who say their Creator is their Lord Allah, an Unseen, not divisble and always Alive God.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2009
I am going to open a thread on the topic "the Holy Quran on the death of Jesus", there i will be expecting you.
As for the christians, i am expecting their respond,
I am going to open a thread on the topic "the Holy Quran on the death of Jesus", there i will be expecting you.
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by samadexy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2009
Stupid Islamabad, even your corrupt mo hammed dares not refer to Jesus the way you do. I hate arguing about religion.
Go and ask your alfas and study your tira back to back. You will discover your qur'an is a pirated copy of the Holy Bible.
Like my friend said earlier on, the difference is clear.
MO hammed told you fools before his death, there's no way except by Jesus. He told you he himself does not know the way.
Your Alfa's won't tell you the truth. The blind leading the blind. You don't need seer to tell you that your end is disastrous.
Folks, seek knowledge and open your eyes to the truth!
Re: Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? by Niyi53(m): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2009
samadexy:

Stupid Islamabad, even your corrupt mo hammed dares not refer to Jesus  the way you do. I hate arguing about religion.
Go and ask your alfas  and study your tira back to back. You will discover your qur'an is a pirated copy of the Holy Bible.
Like my friend said earlier on, the difference is clear.
MO hammed told you fools before his death, there's no way except by Jesus. He told you he himself  does not know the way.
Your Alfa's won't tell you the truth. The blind leading the blind. You don't need seer to tell you that your end is disastrous.
Folks, seek knowledge and open your eyes to the truth!
look, do you also know that your priest and pastors will not tell you the truth about jesus? Know now that most of the teachings of the buddhist are found in the new testament? Therefore the bible is a plagerised copy of the scriptures of others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Christianese Terms / Why Is God's Will Always Very Difficult? / Is It Right To Judge Men Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.