Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,175 members, 7,928,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 05:23 PM

Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. (833 Views)

Dear Artist, Promote Your Songs On BusinessPromotions.COM.NG for only ₦25,000 / Conscious Hip Hop Is Alive Again! Download Mind Control By Double Six / Hip-hop Is 44 — A Look At The 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. by ichie16: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2016
"Yo L is that a mic on your arm? Let me borrow that"....that line sparked arugably the longest beef in hiphop history 14 years. In more recent times, 50 cent and The Game' beef in 2005 was as a result of 50 cent not cool with Dre and his long time partner Jimmy Iovine ' decision to push back 50' the Massacre album to accommodate The Game' documentary.. They had a fallout, off cos some of us might not understand what it means when 50 refused to sit side by side in The Game' " hate it or love it" video instead he sat at the back and was chauffeured by Game. In Nigeria our very own Ruggedman Ruggedybaba New baba ascended the throne by making a major power move. Riding on the success of Eedris Abdulkareem and the entire Kennis Music.
Marketing 101, always aim to promote yourself on the airtime of your competitor(s) especially when you are The underdog.
Controversy, healthy competition (beef) and power has always been a key factor in hip hop.
POWER the ability to control people or things.
Too many good hip hop artists in Nigeria will never reach the pinnacle because they are afraid,
Yes! i understand that sometimes by association you can climb the pinnacle, But if there is any lesson to learn from the last presidential election in America, Trump did not suck up to know one. He knew what he wanted POWER!, he wasnt weak, he called out people, bruised egos, lost a few battles eventually he got what he wanted POWER and he is already mending the bridges.. His bragging right in check.
Over the last one year i was expecting to see people pull a Kendrick Lamar or Canibus
I expect rappers like CDQ, Zoro Swagbag, Ycee, a few other rappers to cos a stirr and wrestle power from..... But no Zoro sucks up to Phyno, and hey he has accepted his spot second position. Ycee fa...hip hop is not just about breaking bread. Your bragging right, respect is equally important.
As a generation of MCs age im afraid only thing we will see is a bunch of kids with sagged pants and skinny jeans who will make us wish we could go back to the 90s when hip hop was for the brave.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. by RSAMAN(m): 10:51am On Dec 28, 2016
Lil wayne killed hip hop. Drake buried it.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. by phynofino: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
Zoro is weak lyrically and otherwise what could he have achieved without phyno and flavour? 2017 im watching out for KLarge and Bosaline they are the only Igbo Rappers who dont suck up to phyno

1 Like

Re: Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. by Bigmikedagod(m): 11:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nigerian rap is so bad right now..sorry to say. only few good rappers left. Olamide is overrated, ill bliss is shit, phyno is now a pop star. luckily we still got vector and falz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. by ominilongest(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
you should all watch out for dremo..dude's just perfect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. by ichie16: 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
I don't thing Olamide is overrated, neither is illbliss, and i flatly disagree with Lil wayne killing hiphop, as is it with every culture, times are changing and things are evolving, the struggles of the 80s and 90s is not same with the struggle of now , so definitely the message and everything needs to change...don't get it wrong i am still a fan of the 90s and early noughties hip hop.
Re: Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. by y3mi(m): 2:45am On Nov 27, 2017
RSAMAN:
Lil wayne killed hip hop. Drake buried it.
100% FACT! Wizzy & that black Jew messed up hip-hop n rap for real.

1 Like

Re: Dear Artist: Hip Hop Is Not For The Weak. by chuksisaac: 11:45am On Nov 27, 2017
You gotta wake up fam,,,,the game has changed with the presence and increase in mumble rapping,,,we should flow with the changes,,,,,,,,this is an era of neo-hiphop

(1) (Reply)

His Better Than Any Rapper You've Known In Nigeria / Ed Sheeran "Shape Of You" Lyrics / Viclopez Ft Toosh X Bhlack_ace - IJOBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.