Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 (2310 Views)

Abuja Court Orders Defence Lawyer To Explain Melaye’s Absence / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Defence, Service Chiefs / Nigeria"s Defence Budget From 2010 To 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by sarrki(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nigeria Defence budget 2010 - 2017
[b]
2003- 63bn
2004- 76bn
2005- 112-bn
2006 - 102bn
2007- 112 bn
2008 - 191bn
2009- 223bn

2010 - 826.3bn
2011 - 920.3bn
2012 - 924.8bn
2013 - 923.5bn
2014 - 920.9bn
2015 - 934.0bn
2016 - 429.0bn
2017 - 465.0bn

Defence budget 2003-2016 and 2017 est.

Year 2003
Recurrent :N55b
Capital : N8b
Total: N63b

Year 2004
Recurrent :N65b
Capital : N11b
Total: N76b

Year 2005
Recurrent :N90b
Capital : N22b
Total: N112b

Year 2006
Recurrent :N86b
Capital : N16bn
Total: N102b

Year 2007
Recurrent :N103b
Capital : N19bn
Total: N122b

Year 2008
Recurrent :N154b
Capital : N37bn
Total: N191b

Year 2009 details not given
Recurrent :121bn
Capital : 102bn
Total: N223b

Year 2010
Recurrent :N217b
Capital : N734b
Total: N291b

Year 2011
Recurrent :N310b
Capital : N35bn
Total: N345b

Year 2012
Recurrent :N314b
Capital : N45bn
Total: N359b

Year 2013
Recurrent :N305b
Capital : N59bn
Total: N364b

Year 2014
Recurrent :N314b
Capital : N35bn
Total: N349b

Year 2015
Recurrent :N323b
Capital : N35b
Total: N358b

Year 2016
Recurrent :N295b
Capital : N134bn
Total: N429b

Year 2017
Recurrent :N325b
Capital : N140b
Total: N465b

Ettu Mohammed

What inference can we draw from this data?

[/b]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by kurt09(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Prudent Baba.

8 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by pchukwudi: 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Rise of Lies.

1 Like

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by pchukwudi: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
pchukwudi:
Rise of Lies.

Where your heart is, there will your money be also.

1 Like

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Ovamboland(m): 9:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
Jonathan supervised the shaving of our heads

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Akanbiedu(m): 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Use dollars for full effect @ op
Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by EzeNri(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nothing more to purchase. GEJ had already bought all military hard-wares we need.

Sai GEJ

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Standing5(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
Jonathan used BH to fund his agenda

5 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Standing5(m): 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
EzeNri:
Nothing more to purchase. GEJ had already bought all military hard-wares we need.

Sai GEJ
That's why he shared the rest thru Dasuki. Lol

10 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Femich18(m): 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
EzeNri:

Sai GEJ
This is a joke from you I'm sure

2 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:01am On Dec 29, 2016
Femich18:

This is a joke from you I'm sure
Afonja it's not a joke
When did Buhari buy even a bullet?
Why the hate for this man Jonathan and Niger deltas
You should concern yourself about the state of ur economy which is in recession and not gej who has since left office

Was gej more corrupt than obasanjo the third term seeker...... No way
But u guys don't open this kinda hate and worthless thread... You guys adore and call him ebora owu .... It is quite shameful

5 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by iluvdonjazzy: 6:03am On Dec 29, 2016
that was when ministry of police affair, interior is combined together with that of the military.

2 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:04am On Dec 29, 2016
Standing5:
That's why he shared the rest thru Dasuki. Lol
Was it more than the one obasanjo shared in Ghana must go bags to the senators in pursuit of his third term agenda ....
Nonsense thread by stewpid eediots

2 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by DropShot: 6:05am On Dec 29, 2016
EzeNri:

Sai GEJ
Tell this your lie to your fellow gullible wailing zombies.

"The military I headed lacked equipment and motivation to fight" - Alex Badeh.

"If I go down memory lane, I think the last time any piece of equipment was bought for the Nigerian army was in 2006 and how many were they? They were few. In fact they were few and if we go way back to 1993, from then on, soldiers were not allowed to even go to range to go and practice. So a soldier that is not practicing how to use his gun, what kind of military are you going to have?" - Alex Badeh

Nigeria soldiers rebelled over lack of weapons to fight Boko Haram - http://allafrica.com/stories/201408201489.html

Nigerian army complain of inadequate funding to fight Boko Haram - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/161357-boko-haram-nigerian-army-complains-inadequate-funding.html

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:07am On Dec 29, 2016
iluvdonjazzy:
that was when ministry of police affair, interior is combined together with that of the military.
No need wasting ur time on those leeches
The hate they have for ND will surely lead to their downfall
Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by ivandragon: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2016
people seem to want to be deliberately mischievous.

between 2010 & 2014, BH was at its peak, where you expecting a cheaper budget?

OK, or are we to infer that because PMB's education budget is less than GEJ's (in % terms) that means PMB wants to 'kill' education in Nigeria?

BH's biggest 'mistake' was occupying territory, this turned the terror war into a conventional war which the NA would ordinarily crush in weeks.

but it became obvious that the NA had become not only unprofessional, but lacked even basic equipment to fight a war.

WHY?

from 1985-2011, the military had been purposely underfunded by various military regimes & then civilian govts to discourage coups & the military became more political & less professional.

when OBJ retired all military politicians in 2000, it was a brilliant move which helped safe guard our democracy, but the price was that it also took out some of our best military tacticians especially those who had seen conflict in Liberia & S'Leone, battle hardened troops.

& OBJ didn't fund the military too in order to keep it 'docile'.

so GEJ had the onerous task of reequipping the military, hence the need for the higher budget.

that does not mean there was no fraud/corruption, there certainly was & the thieves must be brought to book...

but like I always say, let's avoid blanket condemnations or trying to make GEJ look evil so PMB can look better.

at the end of it all, they will both have positives & negatives.

for instance, there used to be a fuel price increase list circulated by PMB fans that showed that fuel was most expensive under GEJ, today, they don't show that list anymore...

or is it the 'food' budget list that GEJ was accused of? today the food budget has become 'inconsequential' just because PMB's bill is far HIGHER than GEJ...

or are we to infer that since this regime's sewage bill looks outrageous, that its full of shit?

http://punchng.com/fg-spend-n1-9bn-sewage-fumigation-2017/

let's all be rational & circumspect in our criticism.

3 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Femich18(m): 7:45am On Dec 29, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Afonja it's not a joke
You should concern yourself about the state of ur economy which is in recession and not gej who has since left office

But u guys don't open this kinda hate and worthless thread... You guys adore and call him ebora owu .... It is quite shameful
What is Afonja in the 1st place? BTW are you serious about all what you wrote...Common, fear God nah. I don't even hate him nor like him, it's just that you guys are bittered anytime the truth is being spoken, you turn it to hating. We all know what and what happened during his tenure and you are here now terming him a saint. Issorite continue, the devil is watching you

2 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by ConqueredWest: 7:49am On Dec 29, 2016
All these Cattle Egrets aka Afonjas defending their Cattle Masters

Jonathan has bought enough weapons already.

1 Like

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Caseless: 7:50am On Dec 29, 2016
I can humbly infer that a headless goodluck-propelled thief ruled Nigeria from 2009 to 2015.

3 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2016
Even with such obvious facts some gullibly brainless e-rats want me to consider GEJ a human being.
The klept is actually gud at pretending to be a gud person. He can't deceive me one inch.

2 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Caseless: 7:54am On Dec 29, 2016
ivandragon:
people seem to want to be deliberately mischievous.

between 2010 & 2014, BH was at its peak, where you expecting a cheaper budget?

OK, or are we to infer that because PMB's education budget is less than GEJ's (in % terms) that means PMB wants to 'kill' education in Nigeria?

BH's biggest 'mistake' was occupying territory, this turned the terror war into a conventional war which the NA would ordinarily crush in weeks.

but it became obvious that the NA had become not only unprofessional, but lacked even basic equipment to fight a war.

WHY?

from 1985-2011, the military had been purposely underfunded by various military regimes & then civilian govts to discourage coups & the military became more political & less professional.

when OBJ retired all military politicians in 2000, it was a brilliant move which helped safe guard our democracy, but the price was that it also took out some of our best military tacticians especially those who had seen conflict in Liberia & S'Leone, battle hardened troops.

& OBJ didn't fund the military too in order to keep it 'docile'.

so GEJ had the onerous task of reequipping the military, hence the need for the higher budget.

that does not mean there was no fraud/corruption, there certainly was & the thieves must be brought to book...

but like I always say, let's avoid blanket condemnations or trying to make GEJ look evil so PMB can look better.

at the end of it all, they will both have positives & negatives.

for instance, there used to be a fuel price increase list circulated by PMB fans that showed that fuel was most expensive under GEJ, today, they don't show that list anymore...

or is it the 'food' budget list that GEJ was accused of? today the food budget has become 'inconsequential' just because PMB's bill is far HIGHER than GEJ...

or are we to infer that since this regime's sewage bill looks outrageous, that its full of shit?

http://punchng.com/fg-spend-n1-9bn-sewage-fumigation-2017/

let's all be rational & circumspect in our criticism.
we did not expect a cheaper budget, we want them to show success recorded with that humongous budget. If you spend that much, there must be something on ground to commensurate your huge spending.

Even under this administration, with the same lean budget , boko haram hit the roof and was at its peak at some points. So what are you saying, trying to justify corruption and incompetence?

1 Like

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Pavarottii(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Afonja it's not a joke

My brother; the thing tire me; I av never seen this level of hatred for a man that meant good.
I don't think it's GEJ as a person that's the problem. It's d region he comes from. So it makes me come to the conclusion that Yoruba's are tribalistic. Even wen it is glaring that buhari is bringing hunger, depression and recession; they still blame it all on GEJ. I still can't phantom such hatred for just one man. Obj, ibb and abacha were more corrupt than him; but the way GEJ is bashed on a daily makes me ask d question; who did GEJ really offend and how?

I am very happy a good educated man was the man that came to rule from SS. We av shown we av competent hands in handling the countries business even wen we were giving d opportunity just once. Hence their hatred for him. Cos he in terms of performance; he is the best president that has ever ruled us. The proof is everywhere for every reasonable Nigerian to see.

I AM PROUD OF GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

4 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Caseless: 7:55am On Dec 29, 2016
Ovamboland:
Jonathan supervised the shaving of our heads
that contumaceous thief deserves to be flogged in full glare of everyone.

1 Like

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Monogamy: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2016
stealing is not corruption

1 Like

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Pavarottii(m): 8:07am On Dec 29, 2016
DropShot:

Tell this your lie to your fellow gullible wailing zombies.

"The military I headed lacked equipment and motivation to fight" - Alex Badeh.

"If I go down memory lane, I think the last time any piece of equipment was bought for the Nigerian army was in 2006 and how many were they? They were few. In fact they were few and if we go way back to 1993, from then on, soldiers were not allowed to even go to range to go and practice. So a soldier that is not practicing how to use his gun, what kind of military are you going to have?" - Alex Badeh

Nigeria soldiers rebelled over lack of weapons to fight Boko Haram - http://allafrica.com/stories/201408201489.html

Nigerian army complain of inadequate funding to fight Boko Haram - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/161357-boko-haram-nigerian-army-complains-inadequate-funding.html
The last time they bought euipments was 2006. The hatred u av for GEJ., I know it can cause memory loss; hence u come and lie to even ur conscience.

U av nt faced the problem u av on ground about the economy, inflation and unemployment. Is GEJ that has gone for almost 2years that u r chasing. U running where no one is chasing u.

I am happy that it's a gifted hand like GEJ that came from SS to rule. Cos he has performed better than any other past presidents and u guys know it; hence anything would for u guys to make him look bad. But u can make him look bad. But his works and performance has already gone b4 u for d whole world to see. So u can't stop his shine. The world wants every bit of his gifted touch.

I AM PROUD OF GEJ..
Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by clevadani: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2016
grin
Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Afonja it's not a joke

All these soured unstable jonathAnians u guys re a massive joke. U brought up the name GEJ in the discourse, yet u shamelessly say pple keep bringing up Jonathan.
U re really a joke.

3 Likes

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by ivandragon: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2016
Caseless:
we did not expect a cheaper budget, we want them to show success recorded with that humongous budget. If you spend that much, there must be something on ground to commensurate your huge spending.

Even under this administration, with the same lean budget , boko haram hit the roof and was at its peak at some points. So what are you saying, trying to justify corruption and incompetence?

OK. from your analogy, with a budget of over N6t in 2016, why is the Nigerian economy in a mess?

like I always say, blanket condemnation is not the way forward.

& there is no justification whatsoever for corruption & incompetence, attributes that this regime has in spades.

1 Like

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by adonis89(m): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2016
Pavarottii:

My brother; the thing tire me; I av never seen this level of hatred for a man that meant good.
I don't think it's GEJ as a person that's the problem. It's d region he comes from. So it makes me come to the conclusion that Yoruba's are tribalistic. Even wen it is glaring that buhari is bringing hunger, depression and recession; they still blame it all on GEJ. I still can't phantom such hatred for just one man. Obj, ibb and abacha were more corrupt than him; but the way GEJ is bashed on a daily makes me ask d question; who did GEJ really offend and how?

I am very happy a good educated man was the man that came to rule from SS. We av shown we av competent hands in handling the countries business even wen we were giving d opportunity just once. Hence their hatred for him. Cos he in terms of performance; he is the best president that has ever ruled us. The proof is everywhere for every reasonable Nigerian to see.

I AM PROUD OF GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.
proud of him also
Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by DropShot: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2016
[s]
Pavarottii:

The last time they bought euipments was 2006. The hatred u av for GEJ., I know it can cause memory loss; hence u come and lie to even ur conscience.

U av nt faced the problem u av on ground about the economy, inflation and unemployment. Is GEJ that has gone for almost 2years that u r chasing. U running where no one is chasing u.

I am happy that it's a gifted hand like GEJ that came from SS to rule. Cos he has performed better than any other past presidents and u guys know it; hence anything would for u guys to make him look bad. But u can make him look bad. But his works and performance has already gone b4 u for d whole world to see. So u can't stop his shine. The world wants every bit of his gifted touch.

I AM PROUD OF GEJ..
[/s]
Those were not my words. So, stop crying.

1 Like

Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by Caseless: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2016
ivandragon:

OK. from your analogy, with a budget of over N6t in 2016, why is the Nigerian economy in a mess?

like I always say, blanket condemnation is not the way forward.

& there is no justification whatsoever for corruption & incompetence, attributes that this regime has in spades.
Oil, the mainstay of our economy , sold as low as $30 per barrel and it sold up to $110 under the chief clueless.

And you're asking why our economy is in a mess.
Re: What Inference Can We Draw From This Data Defence Budget... 2003---2017 by ivandragon: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2016
it still baffles me that some people just love to heap all Nigeria's problems on one man while defending the obvious missteps of another.

GEJ's government was corrupt, yes, no question about that. but what about other governments from 1975 to 2007?

in 1978 - 2.8b oil money missing in one single deal, no one is lambasting that regime.

1990-91- $12b oil money missing in a single deal, no one is calling that regime unprintable names.

1993-98 - over $6b stolen by one man, & PMB who served under that man, without supervision, says the man wasn't corrupt... what does that tell you?

1994-98 - over N300b PTF money missing/unaccounted for, expired drugs imported by PTF, all PTF contracts went through PMB's in-law, yet PMB supporters see no wrong.

1999-2007 - various sums totalling over $25b missing, a few days to the end of that government, over N1t was awarded as contracts that never saw the light of day. yet PMB supporters have no qualms with praising that man as a hero & navigator of APC.

June-Dec 2015, $4.5b oil money unaccounted for. yet PMB people are quick to defend PMB but abuse others when they try to rationalise GEJ's alleged missing funds.

same PMB that openly said he had no house in Abuja before election, suddenly owns a mansion worth over N2.8b, but PMB supporters will say it is even too small for an ex-head of state, but will tear GEJ a new asshole for owning a property in his village (leave mama peace, that woman's matter is something else).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife / Do You Know Why They Tried To Lynch Charly Boy? / I Have Not Seen Any Election Campaign Poster In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.