Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,968 members, 7,873,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

What Is The Way Forward For Nigeria's Political System? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Way Forward For Nigeria's Political System? (406 Views)

U.S. Closely Watching Nigeria’s Political Developments – Diplomat / Regional Autonomy Or Self Determination: A Way Forward For The Yorùbá / Nigeria Can’t Progress Under Current Political System – Tinubu, Bozimo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Way Forward For Nigeria's Political System? by Yungkida(m): 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
I have asked a similar question here without getting a convincing answer.

The fact is that the present political system is not working and I am convinced that it will not work. It is so skewed and filled with loopholes that it becomes impossible to have an inclusive political system. We keep running round the circle, looking for who to blame while the system we run breeds waste, corruption, nepotism and inefficiency. There has been ethnic and religious division even before independence among the Nigerian people. Put an angel in the presidency for example and he turns a demon in the eyes of the people or a section of the country in a short period. Without an inclusive political system, Nigeria will never have an inclusive economic system.

Again, another fact, we need to change it. How? I have asked if we can do that in a non-violent way. This will involve removing politicians by election and our legislature carrying out reforms in the constitution. The presidency unlike what we have currently must be willing to conduct a referendum if need be. This will take years, but I am sure key issues will still not be addressed. Look at PIB, Sharia in our constitution, ecclesiastical bill, grazing reserves, state of origin, to mention but a few.

The system needs a total overhaul. The people need to sit down and decide how they want to live as one country, that's if they need to. They need to decide how they will govern themselves. They need to have a constitution by the people and for the people, not what the military handed to us as the 1999 constitution.
Re: What Is The Way Forward For Nigeria's Political System? by cliquevibes(m): 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
Go and make ur opinion known to house of rep na

(1) (Reply)

Army Hands Over Rescued Chibok Girl To Borno Gov. (photos) / How To Alert Nairaland Mods On false Threads / Nigeria: Satellite Imagery Shows Strikes On Settlement-hrw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.