Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,252 members, 7,891,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:51 AM

Is Death Really Bad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Death Really Bad? (1019 Views)

Carnal Mindedness Is Death / What Is Death? / Is Death Evil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
So many of us fear to hear the word 'death'. In fact, it is said that the worst of all threats or curses is "you (or your loved one) will die". Is death really that bad? Of course, dying 'prematurely' or without having achieved much by human standard is not good enough. Even those who can be said to be accomplished in life fear to die. But is death really evil? It depends on the person's state before giving up the ghost. For those who are yet in their sins or backslidden after knowing the Lord, death is a miserable end leading to endless misery (Luke 16:22-31). For those who die in the Lord, having repented from sin and made Christ their personal Lord and Saviour and are living right at the point of depature, death ushers into eternal bliss. We are blessed for ever! (Psalms 116:15; Acts 7:55, 56,59,60; Revelation 14:13). The age and circumstance of death does not really count as much as one's eternal destiny. Are you scared of death as I used to be? Why not repent now and reconcile with God through Jesus Christ so that anytime He calls you home, it will indeed be a joyous call to glory! Hallelujah! Amen.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Peacefullove: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
typical evangelical churchgoer, so death is a good thing , your visa to heaven I guess ... dont be a fool!

if death is a good thing, a visa to heaven , why did your bible call death an " Enemy " ? if it actually send men to an heavenly quarters , is it a friend or enemy ?

1 Like

Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2016
Peacefullove:
typical evangelical churchgoer, so death is a good thing , your visa to heaven I guess ... dont be a fool!

if death is a good thing, a visa to heaven , why did your bible call death an " Enemy " ? if it actually send men to an heavenly quarters , is it a friend or enemy ?

Death is regarded as an enemy because it 'permanently' seperates loved ones and thus causes grief to the bereaved. Death is of course an enemy to those who die in sin.

1 Like

Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2016
Peacefullove:

So you can't make a simple point without being insultive? Even if you don't agree with me or believe the bible, you can at least pretend to be civil, can't you?

2 Likes

Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Peacefullove: 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sinkills:
Death is regarded as an enemy because it 'permanently' seperates loved ones and thus causes grief to the bereaved.

To the bereaved. Am talking about the dead , is death a friend to an individual that died or an enemy

To which you replied :

Death is of course an enemy to those who die in sin.

I cannot stop laughing oo, only to those who die in sin, so its a FRIEND to those who didnt die in sin ? . Was Paul wrong to generalise it as an enemy to all ?
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Peacefullove:

To the bereaved. Am talking about the dead , is death a friend to an individual that died or an enemy

To which you replied :

I cannot stop laughing oo, only to those who die in sin, so its a FRIEND to those who didnt die in sin ? . Was Paul wrong to generalise it as an enemy to all ?
My point is that since death ushers the righteous into everlasting bliss, it is a blessing to such. A lot of people understand my mesaage. You probably do not understand because you are not yet among those to whom death is a blessing. I pray you repent and enlist before it becomes too late I J N, Amen.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by mohamedali(m): 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
please visit the site to see the reality of life
https://islamhouse.com/en/videos/450006/
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Peacefullove: 2:52am On Dec 30, 2016
Sinkills:
My point is that since death ushers the righteous into everlasting bliss, it is a blessing to such. A lot of people understand my mesaage. You probably do not understand because you are not yet among those to whom death is a blessing. I pray you repent and enlist before it becomes too late I J N, Amen.

who is feeding you with that garbage @ bold, Did death Usher 4 days dead Lazarus of Bethany to Everlasting bliss ? grin

Give me one single person who died and was raised back to life who claimed Death usher him or her to Everlasting bliss in your bible ?
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by orisa37: 3:50am On Dec 30, 2016
Every Soul that sins must die. That makes God The Only Judge and Timer of Death. Because Nature(God) made everything positive and negative, good and bad, there're two types of Deaths, Suicide and Martyrdom. The former goes straight to Hell while the later goes to Heaven.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by orisa37: 3:56am On Dec 30, 2016
Never mind him. He's an Atheist.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 6:32am On Dec 30, 2016
Peacefullove:

who is feeding you with that garbage @ bold, Did death Usher 4 days dead Lazarus of Bethany to Everlasting bliss ? grin

Give me one single person who died and was raised back to life who claimed Death usher him or her to Everlasting bliss in your bible ?
The uniform testimony of the Scriptures is that after death follows eternal life for the righteous or eternal damnation for the unrepentant sinner (Luke 16:22,23; 23:42,43; Acts 7:56,57,59,60; 2nd Timothy 4:6-8; Philippians 1:21-23). "And he said unto Jesus, Lord remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom". And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee, TODAY shall thou be with me in paradise"(Luke 23:42,43). BTW, did Lazarus of Bethany claim that he was not enjoying bliss prior to his being raised back to life here on earth? Did anybody who died and was raised back to life tell you anything to the contrary?
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 6:43am On Dec 30, 2016
orisa37 post=523782v54:
Never mind him. He's an Atheist.
I see.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by analice107: 11:31am On Dec 30, 2016
Peacefullove:

Cc: Seun Lalasticlala Myn44. defaulter of rule 2 on the Prowl.

if you can't keep from insults, pls do not comment. after all, no be by force say you must comment.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2016
*tsk*
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by analice107: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2016
Sinkills:
You are wasting your time talking to a dead man, he can never understand. He is dead.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2016
analice107:

You are wasting your time talking to a dead man, he can never understand. He is dead.
I think you are right. You can only help one who wants to see, not one who deliberately closes his eyes and refuses to see.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by analice107: 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
Sinkills:
I think you are right. You can only help one who wants to see, not one who deliberately closes his eyes and refuses to see.
Very correct.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Peacefullove: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
Sinkills:
The uniform testimony of the Scriptures is that after death follows eternal life for the righteous or eternal damnation for the unrepentant sinner (Luke 16:22,23; 23:42,43; Acts 7:56,57,59,60; 2nd Timothy 4:6-8; Philippians 1:21-23). "And he said unto Jesus, Lord remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom". And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee, TODAY shall thou be with me in paradise"(Luke 23:42,43).

Yeye dey smell, where is paradise located.. Heaven or earth ?

grin grin , and did Jesus went to Paradise the day he died ? Or did he lied ?

If he went to Paradise the day he died, show me evidence for this from your bible ?

BTW, did Lazarus of Bethany claim that he was not enjoying bliss prior to his being raised back to life here on earth? Did anybody who died and was raised back to life tell you anything to the contrary?

You mean Jesus raised Lazarus from Heaven ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
The death and raising of Lazarus was for a purpose (John 11:1-4,40-45). When he died, Lazarus' soul went to Abraham's bosom or paradise below (Luke 16:22;43). No one had actually been to heaven until Christ's death and resurrection (John 3:13). For Christ to have brought Lazarus back from paradise, He knew he would still make it back afterwards. Death is a blessing to you if you are born again and living right day by day. You need not be afraid. God bless you.
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Peacefullove: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2016
yeye dey smell o , Lazarus of bethany is a beggar ?

Sinkills:
The death and raising of Lazarus was for a purpose (John 11:1-4,40-45). When he died, Lazarus' soul went to Abraham's bosom or paradise below (Luke 16:22;43).

Lazarus of Luke 16 is a beggar , so dont scatter matter abeg

regarding Lazarus of Bethany, Show me where it says He went to Abraham bosom ?

cos I remember Jesus asking one of his sisters that he will rise , and the Lady replied he will rise at the resurrection ON the last day she didnt say he will rise in paradise or Abraham bosom.

No one had actually been to heaven until Christ's death and resurrection (John 3:13). For Christ to have brought Lazarus back from paradise, He knew he would still make it back afterwards. Death is a blessing to you if you are born again and living right day
by day. You need not be afraid. God bless you
you are creating more problem for yourself

Abraham bosom is Abraham chest oga , simple english, your bosom is your chest even your bible support that when it said a disciple rest on Jesus bosom

. how can Abraham bosom equal paradise , how did u arrive at that submission that the bosom of the man Abraham is paradise ? grin

if people before Jesus die and go to Abraham bosom , Answer me: How can Abel die and go to the bosom of A man Abraham [ whom is not yet born ?
Re: Is Death Really Bad? by Sinkills: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
Let the arguments and debates continue. The atteists can equally continue their gainsayings and blasphemy. All I know is that the Old Testament saints who died before Christ's resurrection from Abel down to John the Baptist went to a place called Sheol in Hebrew or Hades in Greek. But they had a separate compartment from the condemned sinners. The bible calls this compartment Abraham's Bosom. It does not mean it belonged to Abraham neither does it imply that Abraham was the first occupant. That is what the bible calls it (Luke 16:22,23). When we get to heaven we will know why. My message is for those who have graciously received pardon and salvation from Christ and others who still intend to do so to know assuredly that death is not bad after all. There is a place of eternal bliss for the righteous. The nomenclature is non of my business - whether the place is called Paradise, Heaven, Pearly Gate, New Jerusalem etc is not the issue. The accurate theological or eschatological description is not my concern either. I may be theologically wrong for all I care but may I not fail to meet God's requirement for eternal life in Jesus' name. Death is a beautiful thing and I look forward to dying in Christ Jesus and living and enjoying with Him for all eternity. May that equally be your portion in Jesus' name, Amen.

(1) (Reply)

The Promise Of Things To Come - Jack Kelley / Are There Supposed To Be Any Rituals In Christianity? / Bishop David Oyedepo Dedicates Winners Chapel Houston Tx. Ultra Modern Facility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.