Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. (2081 Views)

I Have 30k-40k As A Student, What Business/Investment Can I Start? / Lady Loses N5million She Was Paid After Losing Job To Church Micro-finance Bank / What Happened To Me After I Outsource A Job To A Nairalander On Fiverr Today (2) (3) (4)

I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
good day fellow nlanders and let me wish everyone here a merry Christmas celebration and a happy new year in advance.

I am a graduate of computer science education, i graduated in 2007 and i served in 2008. I joined my company (indian company) i wont mention the name but it is located in illupeju in 2011 as an help desk engineer and i was placed on a salary of 35k after deductions my take home is 31k fast forward to 2012 i was give an A in my appraisal so the coy added 5k to my salary. In 2013 another 3k was added to my salary as i was given a B in my appraisal. Year 2014 i put to bed and i decided to look inward as my family was becoming large i asked myself if i wanted to continue earning peanuts as salary so i decided to start selling clothes i started with 15k see https://www.nairaland.com/2204751/debyd-apparel-mobile-boutique-15k see also my thread https://www.nairaland.com/1806812/adult-children-clothes-sale
https://www.nairaland.com/1959700/ankara-available-aso-ebi-naming. Year 2015 January the company was sold to a Nigerian. We the staff were elated thinking the salary will be upwardly reviewed unfortunately 2015 nothing was added to our salary despite our appraisal. 2016 came too nothing was added. The management kept saying no money while others were complaining of no salary i kept on pushing my dresses, shoes bags etc. To God be the glory 2016 May i put to bed a set of twin boys and i knew that this was it. I have to do something drastic. Before now an opening in my church came in Dec 2015 they needed someone to mange the creche in the church as it was not thriving i have passion for managing children so i took up the opportunity, we signed an agreement and i took over the running of the place. See the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3362415/need-advise-please. After i resumed from maternity leave i started making plans for my exit as i knew within that i have to pursue my dreams. Tomorrow will be my last day at work as i have tendered my resignation. So many of my colleagues are still stucked as they dont even know where to begin from some have worked years others have 15 years experiences yet their salaries are not even up to 100k. May i also inform that i never regret joining nairaland because most of the customers and business ideas i have gained is from nairaland. In fact one regret i have is that i didn't join nairaland earlier enough but thank God i have now. I am writing this epistle to encourage others who are stucked with one job or the other just look inward prayerfully and make that giant step i tell you its not an easy decision to make. Sometimes i ask myself if i am taking the right step but i know if there is no risk there wont be any reward.

Thank you for your time. God bless you.

God bless Seun Osewa,
God bless Nairaland
God bless DebyD Apparel
God bless me.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by rusher14: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Falz the bad guy.
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by speedyconnect3: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Eiyaa. 40k small oo. Haa

Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by malakus(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
The Lord is your strength
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 2:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
speedyconnect3:
Eiyaa. 40k small oo. Haa

too small.
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
malakus:
The Lord is your strength

amen . Thanks

its prayers i need now oooo
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nice one so what business are you going into now?
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by Divinerace(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nice 1...

I also want to stop biznes trading and join blogging crew
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
Pidgin2:
Nice one so what business are you going into now?

i sell dresses and run a creche
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by macphilip: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Am really touched after reading your story.
Am so proud of you. You can only get better in your business
If Linda Ikeji can achieve it, nothing stops you.
Just believe in yourself and you would succeed.
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
debbydee:

i sell dresses and run a creche

OK may God be with you and may your business be successful. I tap into your blessing of twins(girl/boy)
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by bestspoke: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Congrats maam...And some people still dey long things...thinking nairaland is just a joke or playground for trolls.

Nairaland is an opportunity for real...Lots of stuffs to learn here ,lots of clients,Lots of friends to meet ,lots of big men/women both home and diaspora....If I start to talk ehn...my own go pass your own debbyden...More power to your elbow.

Long live NL
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
macphilip:
Am really touched after reading your story.
Am so proud of you. You can only get better in your business
If Linda Ikeji can achieve it, nothing stops you.
Just believe in yourself and you would succeed.

thanks alot.
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
bestspoke:
Congrats maam...And some people still dey long things...thinking nairaland is just a joke or playground for trolls.

Nairaland is an opportunity for real...Lots of stuffs to learn here ,lots of clients,Lots of friends to meet ,lots of big men/women both home and diaspora....If I start to talk ehn...my own go pass your own debbyden...More power to your elbow.

Long live NL

yes ooo you are very correct.

My shipper in the UK is a nlander i have never met him but he always delivers.

Also Ymodulus is one guru that i follow. I was part of his group importation season 5 and i tell you it was an eye opener.

Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
Pidgin2:

OK may God be with you and may your business be successful. I tap into your blessing of twins(girl/boy)

amen.

Receive twins in Jesus name.

Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
debbydee:

amen.
Receive twins in Jesus name.
Amen thanks dear smiley
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Congrats dear, your story is that hope.
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by monimekaz(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
One days your boys will kiss you on the forehead and say ' mama we love you.'

Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
My dear, follow your dreams that is the only way. Fear is the only thing that holds people from reaching the height they would have attained.

Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2016
IsaacBuchi:
My dear, follow your dreams that is the only way. Fear is the only thing that holds people from reaching the height they would have attained.

good morning. Thanks alot.

Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by markbenny(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2016
Quite inspirational, there is nothing as satisfying as following your dreams and passions. I quite my job too after 4months because my boss kept on making me feel I was useless despite the company could not do a day without me, I was playing one of the most important roles, I was doing things outside my job description, I was taking trips outside the state without any feeding allowance talk more of stipend. I had to quite. I had always been a blogger and freelancer for several years now, i just thought to try a job to augment the recession. I do not think I will ever want to work for any private again, I am following my dreams and passions, and I am very happy

God will bless the works of your hands. Work hard, it pays.

If you do not build your dreams, someone will employ you to help him build his own.

debbydee:
good day fellow nlanders and let me wish everyone here a merry Christmas celebration and a happy new year in advance.

I am a graduate of computer science education, i graduated in 2007 and i served in 2008. I joined my company (indian company) i wont mention the name but it is located in illupeju in 2011 as an help desk engineer and i was placed on a salary of 35k after deductions my take home is 31k fast forward to 2012 i was give an A in my appraisal so the coy added 5k to my salary. In 2013 another 3k was added to my salary as i was given a B in my appraisal. Year 2014 i put to bed and i decided to look inward as my family was becoming large i asked myself if i wanted to continue earning peanuts as salary so i decided to start selling clothes i started with 15k see https://www.nairaland.com/2204751/debyd-apparel-mobile-boutique-15k see also my thread https://www.nairaland.com/1806812/adult-children-clothes-sale
https://www.nairaland.com/1959700/ankara-available-aso-ebi-naming. Year 2015 January the company was sold to a Nigerian. We the staff were elated thinking the salary will be upwardly reviewed unfortunately 2015 nothing was added to our salary despite our appraisal. 2016 came too nothing was added. The management kept saying no money while others were complaining of no salary i kept on pushing my dresses, shoes bags etc. To God be the glory 2016 May i put to bed a set of twin boys and i knew that this was it. I have to do something drastic. Before now an opening in my church came in Dec 2015 they needed someone to mange the creche in the church as it was not thriving i have passion for managing children so i took up the opportunity, we signed an agreement and i took over the running of the place. See the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3362415/need-advise-please. After i resumed from maternity leave i started making plans for my exit as i knew within that i have to pursue my dreams. Tomorrow will be my last day at work as i have tendered my resignation. So many of my colleagues are still stucked as they dont even know where to begin from some have worked years others have 15 years experiences yet their salaries are not even up to 100k. May i also inform that i never regret joining nairaland because most of the customers and business ideas i have gained is from nairaland. In fact one regret i have is that i didn't join nairaland earlier enough but thank God i have now. I am writing this epistle to encourage others who are stucked with one job or the other just look inward prayerfully and make that giant step i tell you its not an easy decision to make. Sometimes i ask myself if i am taking the right step but i know if there is no risk there wont be any reward.

God bless Seun Osewa,
God bless Nairaland
God bless DebyD Apparel
God bless me.
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
If you do not build your dreams, someone will employ you to help him build his own.

true talk.
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
good day friends.

i have lovely dresses for sale.
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by Barmmyshoes(f): 6:19pm On Feb 13, 2017
Wish you all the very best Madam. Why not upload them Madam?

Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 21, 2017
debbydee:

God bless Seun Osewa,
God bless Nairaland
God bless DebyD Apparel
God bless me.

Congratulations!

Your story will certainly inspire more people to live in the freedom and excellence they are created for.

GOD bless you
Re: I Resigned From My 40k Job To Follow My Passion. by debbydee(f): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2017
alignacademy:

Congratulations!

Your story will certainly inspire more people to live in the freedom and excellence they are created for.

GOD bless you

amen. thanks a lot

Earn Money Watching Ads..its 100% Real / What Is Happening To Gtbank / Get A Good SIDE HUSTLE Selling Cereals & Beverages

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56