Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,868 members, 7,886,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected (567 Views)

Cyril Rama Re-Elected As South African President, Win With Absolute Majority / Obama Cried At Send-off Dinner – And It’s Something To Do With Donald Trump / Kate Brown, First Lesbian Governor (LGBT) Elected In The U.S.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected by newsafrikturke: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
President Obama admitted he cried at a recent senior staff send-off dinner and is now claiming that he’d be able to get re-elected if he had run for president again.

“I am confident in this vision because I’m confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could’ve mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it,” Obama said in a “The Axe Files” podcast interview by former aide David Axelrod.

“I know that in conversations that I’ve had with people around the country, even some people who disagreed with me, they would say, ‘The vision, the direction that you point towards is the right one,’” the outgoing president said.

The Constitution limits a president to serving only two terms.

Reflecting on his presidency, Obama said he’s been inspired by the “heart” and “idealism” of his staff.

“We had our senior staff dinner … I got through about four minutes of the thing and started getting the hanky out,” he admitted.

Obama said it feels like the “band” is breaking up, but that he wants to devote his post-presidency to growing the “talent” and vision that began in his two terms as president of the United States.

“Overall, this place never got cynical,” he said, praising the many aides he’s had over the years.

http://afrikturke.com/obama-cried-send-off-says-re-elected/
Re: Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected by SexyNairalander: 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
booked

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected by eshietIntrepid(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
One thing every leader in democratical system should know is that one day they will all bear former.

1 Like

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
mtchwww

1 Like

Re: Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected by BlackDBagba: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
grin
Re: Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected by onward4life(m): 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
no elfing way

this time he was going to legalise poligamy in gay marriage

or maybe brothers from same parents could now get married.

4hawk obama he is a

big bass stand
Re: Obama Cried At Send-off, Says He Could Have Been Re-elected by newsafrikturke: 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
eshietIntrepid:
One thing every leader in democratical system should know is that one day they will all bear former.
Well said.. wink

(1) (Reply)

These Will Be The 32 Most Powerful Economies In The World By 2050 / See The Letter That Terminate James Comey's Appointment / 41st President George Bush And Wife Welcome Newborn George Bush Jnr In 1946 -Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.