Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,634 members, 7,901,955 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:14 PM

Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? (930 Views)

See Why It Will Be Difficult For Many To Enter Into Heaven, Don't Be Deceived / Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven / The Last Man Enter The Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Someone asked me the above question some time ago quoting from Matthew 19, and I’m going to be sharing the answer I gave to him. It breaks my heart to see how religion has made a lot of ‘Christians’’ embrace poverty all in the name of ‘I don’t want anything that will make me miss the kingdom of God. Wealth is vanity, even the wise king Solomon said so.’’ Guess what? You’re already missing the kingdom of God if you’re in that line of thought. People say stuff and quote scriptures with no idea of what it’s talking about, no background study and pay no attention to context. So what’s in Matthew 19? We see a rich young Jewish man asking Jesus what he must do to have eternal life. Let’s see how Jesus answered him.
‘And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what must I do, that I may have ETERNAL LIFE? (Jesus speaking): “…: but if thou wilt enter INTO LIFE, keep the commandments. The young man saith unto him, all these things have I kept from my youth up: what I yet lack? Jesus said unto him, if thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great POSSESSIONS. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a RICH MAN TO ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.’’ Matt 19:1:20-24

ETERNAL LIFE AND ENTER INTO LIFE: The pursuit of the rich man was eternal life but Jesus in his answer uses a different word ‘enter into life’’ and at the later replaces it with ‘enter into the kingdom of heaven’’. So if you take a deep look at the context, you’ll notice that ‘Eternal Life, Enter into Life and the Kingdom of God is bound up together; like they mean the same thing.
SO WHEN WAS THIS KINGDOM JESUS TALKED GOING TO COME?
To the Jews Jerusalem was the holy city of God, for in it was the Temple where the Old Covenant system was practiced; which to them was ‘Heaven and Earth’. It was also their belief that the kingdom of God will be established literally in Jerusalem and that the Messiah was to become king and will rule over them in their sophisticated city. Therefore, when Jesus began his ministry, his message was that they repent and change their mind about ........

Follow the link to continue reading: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2016/12/can-rich-man-enter-kingdom-of-god.html#more
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Only the rich will enter the Kingdom of Gold. After all, from the stories in the Christian Bible, the streets of heaven are made of Gold. Who welcomes a poor man into a golden city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
Billyonaire:
Only the rich will enter the Kingdom of Gold. After all, from the stories in the Christian Bible, the streets of heaven are made of Gold. Who welcomes a poor man into a golden city.

Hilarious...
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by mohamedali(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
First, did not complete the verse ... Jesus said, did not call me good thier only one good.
Second: Alnhn valuable agree that the rich man to Paradise excludes easily and the Lord said about them that they will Tkoa their foreheads from the fire of hell. The Glory of God has been used Muhammad peace be upon him the same expression when princes died in the village gave people to the cemetery and to have returned and deformities and physical faults homes look and found his daughter said to her, Did you go to the cemeteries, she said no and how to go and I've heard you finish all that said, if you've went is not intrusive Paradise until enters camels in the head Stitch
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
Every poor person would go to HELL...

Even Jesus said it...See matt 25..from verse 41

Then he will say to those on his left,
‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the
eternal fire prepared for the devil and
his angels.

For I was hungry and you gave me no
food, I was thirsty and you gave me no
drink,
a stranger and you gave me no welcome,
naked and you gave me no clothing, ill
and in prison, and you did not care for
me.’

Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord,
when did we see you hungry or thirsty or
a stranger or naked or ill or in prison,
and not minister to your needs?’
He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to
you, what you did not do for one of these
least ones, you did not do for me.’
And these will go off to eternal
punishment, but the righteous to eternal
life.”

Person wey never chop how he wan take give another person food? Person wey dey live for one room with him wife and 6children..how he wan take welcome stranger?
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Splinz(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

Can you please point out where the bold is found in the Bible
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Splinz:

Can you please point out where the bold is found in the Bible

Revelation 21:21
King James Bible

"And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass."
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Splinz(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

Revelation 21:21
King James Bible

"And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass."

Okay bro. But interestingly enough, the Bible verse you quoted is talking about "new Jerusalem" (Rev. 21:2), and this "comes down out of heaven". In other word, this holy city called "new Jerusalem" is not in heaven but "comes down out of heaven" to earth.

So, verse 21 is not talking about heaven, but describing this coming city to earth.
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Splinz:

Okay bro. But interestingly enough, the Bible verse you quoted is talking about "new Jerusalem" (Rev. 21:2), and this "comes down out of heaven". In other word, this holy city called "new Jerusalem" is not in heaven but "comes down out of heaven" to earth.

So, verse 21 is not talking about heaven, but describing this coming city to earth.
There is Topsy-Turvy in Christianism. Your intepretation of the self-explanatory Bible verse is different from that of Christian pastors. Are all of you confused ? There is no place like a heaven on this earth or anywhere else, its just a huge joke taken too far.
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Splinz(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Billyonaire:
There is Topsy-Turvy in Christianism. Your intepretation of the self-explanatory Bible verse is different from that of Christian pastors. Are all of you confused ? There is no place like a heaven on this earth or anywhere else, its just a huge joke taken too far.

Bro, forget about those self-acclaimed pastors and take the Bible at face value. Note, I'm not giving you any interpretation of my own, but the Bible interpreting itself. The thing is, you can't quote verse 21 alone and hope to get the clear picture, no! That's quoting scriptures out of context.

Please read and comprehend. The Bible verse I quoted didn't say this holy city is already on earth, but "coming", i.e, it is in the future. Now whether you believe it or not is another thing entirely and of course I can understand.
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Splinz:

Bro, forget about those self-acclaimed pastors and take the Bible at face value. Note, I'm not giving you any interpretation of my own, but the Bible interpreting itself. The thing is, you can't quote verse 21 alone and hope to get the clear picture, no! That's quoting scriptures out of context.

Please read and comprehend. The Bible verse I quoted didn't say this holy city is already on earth, but "coming", i.e, it is in the future. Now whether you believe it or not is another thing entirely and of course I can understand.

When you say that the holy city called heaven is not already on earth, but 'coming' ? Does 'coming' denote that the holy city will be lowered down from the skies or is yet to be constructed in the future ?

I really like to understand things in physical perspective, because religion mixes parables, mysticism and spirituality together and leave their members more confused than they were before they were inducted into the religions.
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by ichuka(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
Depends on the source of his riches.
Is it from Christ or the world
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Splinz(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

When you say that the holy city called heaven is not already on earth, but 'coming' ? Does 'coming' denote that the holy city will be lowered down from the skies or is yet to be constructed in the future ?

Good you asked. No, the said holy city wouldn't be lowered literally to earth from the sky, but will be set up here on earth. This kingdom (kingdom here simply means: government) will be the kingdom 'of' heaven not kingdom 'in' heaven. And we've already seen that this holy city "comes down out of heaven" to earth, i.e, someone from heaven will be the One to set up this government on earth. Of course, you can guess who this Person is.

I really like to understand things in physical perspective, because religion mixes parables, mysticism and spirituality together and leave their members more confused than they were before they were inducted into the religions.

You're right. The Bible is full of parables and allegories. In fact, the whole of Revelation is all about symbols.

Now, the Bible is written this way for a purpose. Listen to this conversation:

Then the disciples came and said to him, "Why do you speak to them in parables? And he (Jesus) answered them, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For to him who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away. This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand- Matthew 13:10-13.

According to the above conversation between Jesus and His disciples, we see that parables are used in the Scriptures to confused/concealed these precious truths from those 'outside' or those "not granted to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven".

Bro, if I tell you that you know nothing about Christianity apart from probably knowing that Christians are followers of Christ, will you believe me But that's the truth!
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Splinz:

Good you asked. No, the said holy city wouldn't be lowered literally to earth from the sky, but will be set up here on earth. This kingdom (kingdom here simply means: government) will be the kingdom 'of' heaven not kingdom 'in' heaven. And we've already seen that this holy city "comes down out of heaven" to earth, i.e, someone from heaven will be the One to set up this government on earth. Of course, you can guess who this Person is.

You're right. The Bible is full of parables and allegories. In fact, the whole of Revelation is all about symbols.

Now, the Bible is written this way for a purpose. Listen to this conversation:

According to the above conversation between Jesus and His disciples, we see that parables are used in the Scriptures to confused/concealed these precious truths from those 'outside' or those "not granted to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven".

Bro, if I tell you that you know nothing about Christianity apart from probably knowing that Christians are followers of Christ, will you believe me But that's the truth!

The bold actually is a grave fallacy. And actually a fallacy of hasty generalization. Do not always do that, it makes me feel that you didnt take your GSS courses in the first year of University seriously. I will not assume that you didnt attend University education because I could be wrong.

You might want to check out my profile, it will give you a comprehensive overview of the mind behind the monika. I was born into Christianity because my parents happened to be Christians when I was born. If I was birthed into Islam, I would have been born a Muslim etc etc.

To assert that God/Jesus/Jehovah used parables to confuse Christians or to pass a message is as I see it now, a crazy attempt at passing a message. Why parables ? Now all Christians are very confused. From your assertions, you are making it categorically clear that only Christians, and in fact righteous ones will go to heaven. What happens to the faithful muslim friends of mine ? What happens to the faithful and righteous Hindu friends of mine. Oh I see, they will not make it to Jesus' heaven, they have their own heaven, right ? Then it shouldnt be a problem since every religion have their own heaven.

From your analogy, which is contrary to the popular Christian beliefs in Catholicism, Methodist Faith, Mountain of Fire, Lords Chosen, Deeper Life etc, you assert that Heaven will be on Earth and actually is not a location but a government. And I believe you will tell me that 'The Lord, God" will rule over Earth in Israel or America. Well, "The Lord God" will have to delay the coming till further notice, cos Israel is constantly at war with Palestine (God's enemy). It doesnt make sense to me anymore.

Meanwhile, your theology sounds more like Jehovah witness and I was a member for 2 years. And I have attended more churches than most 'born again' Christians. In all of these churches, the Christian Bible are interpreted differently.

Is Jehovah a God of confusion or the Christian pastors and preachers are the ones confusing most Christians ?

I do not think there is any Heaven, neither do I think there will be any heaven or hell except the ones we create in our conscious minds via hallucinations and visualizations.

Although I believe consciousness teleports via the black-holes, wormholes and white-holes to alternate universes at death, dreams, OBE, Astral Projection, Soul Travel etc, I do not subscribe to the fact that there is a place souls get burnt for ever. Fire can not burn spirit or soul. Fire is a physical solvent and soul is ethereal ectoplasm that processes data and deliver the experience from human grid to cosmic grid and to Source of the holographic universe.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by Splinz(m): 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

The bold actually is a grave fallacy. And actually a fallacy of hasty generalization. Do not always do that, it makes me feel that you didnt take your GSS courses in the first year of University seriously. I will not assume that you didnt attend University education because I could be wrong.

It is no fallacy my brother, I made that statement without mincing words.

You might want to check out my profile, it will give you a comprehensive overview of the mind behind the monika. I was born into Christianity because my parents happened to be Christians when I was born. If I was birthed into Islam, I would have been born a Muslim etc etc.

I was also born into a Christian home. However, the conventional 'churchianity' we were born into was/is nothing but an invention of men completely out of what the author (Jesus) established in 30 AD and handed down to His disciples. This is why I talked of not knowing anything about true Christianity. Please no offense.

To assert that God/Jesus/Jehovah used parables to confuse Christians or to pass a message is as I see it now, a crazy attempt at passing a message. Why parables ? Now all Christians are very confused. From your assertions, you are making it categorically clear that only Christians, and in fact righteous ones will go to heaven. What happens to the faithful muslim friends of mine ? What happens to the faithful and righteous Hindu friends of mine. Oh I see, they will not make it to Jesus' heaven, they have their own heaven, right ? Then it shouldnt be a problem since every religion have their own heaven.

Please quote me right. I never said parables are meant to confused Christians but "those not granted to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven". Again, I didn't say it, you can see it according to the Scriptures I quoted. And no, Christians (in every sense of the word) are not confused at all, "...God is not the author of confusion".

Again, please quote me accordingly. I can't remember telling you that anyone (whether Christians or Muslims) is going to heaven

From your analogy, which is contrary to the popular Christian beliefs in Catholicism, Methodist Faith, Mountain of Fire, Lords Chosen, Deeper Life etc, you assert that Heaven will be on Earth and actually is not a location but a government. And I believe you will tell me that 'The Lord, God" will rule over Earth in Israel or America. Well, "The Lord God" will have to delay the coming till further notice, cos Israel is constantly at war with Palestine (God's enemy). It doesnt make sense to me anymore

True, what I'm discussing with you is indeed new understanding, strange to your ears. Truth is, I'm not of the conventional Christianity that you know of. It wouldn't make sense to you bro, of course I perfectly understands why and can as well bear with you.

Meanwhile, your theology sounds more like Jehovah witness and I was a member for 2 years. And I have attended more churches than most 'born again' Christians. In all of these churches, the Christian Bible are interpreted differently.

I knew you'll think of me as a JW. But no, I'm not of that stock.

Is Jehovah a God of confusion or the Christian pastors and preachers are the ones confusing most Christians ?

God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor. 14:33). So therefore, where there's confusion, simply count God out of there.

I do not think there is any Heaven, neither do I think there will be any heaven or hell except the ones we create in our conscious minds via hallucinations and visualizations.

Although I believe consciousness teleports via the black-holes, wormholes and white-holes to alternate universes at death, dreams, OBE, Astral Projection, Soul Travel etc, I do not subscribe to the fact that there is a place souls get burnt for ever. Fire can not burn spirit or soul. Fire is a physical solvent and soul is ethereal ectoplasm that processes data and deliver the experience from human grid to cosmic grid and to Source of the holographic universe.

Alright bro. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep your beliefs, keep them. Peace!
Re: Can A Rich Man Enter Into The Kingdom Of God? by ogaemeka(m): 2:07am On Dec 30, 2016
----(-1)------0------(1)-----

-1= Satan, death and other non-existent things

0= God, Purest Spirit, absolute Nothingness, beyond imagination, time and space

1= Christ, manifestation, infinite time and space, eternal life and happiness

The destruction of Satan is the elimination of those negative concepts, first in the mind through the light of Christ, and in reality. He that believeth shall never be disappointed, for Christ is the end of the law for righteouness to everyone that believeth, therefore we do not abolish the law through faith, on the contrary, we establish the fact that the law is fulfilled in Christ and by Christ, the only foundation which is acceptable before God.

Behold, I lay a stumbling stone in Zion and a rock of offence, but whosoever believeth in Him shall never die, for as many as rely on His sacrifice, grace and free gift are the sons of God.

The Jews (religious and self righteous) want to see a miracle, and the greeks (atheists) want logical explanation, but we preach that whosoever believes that Christ paid for all his sins shall be declared righteous by God, irrespective of any other consideration, and sin and death will no longer have punitive power over him, for the strength of death is sin, and the strenght of sin is the law of commandements and rules which no man can ever obey, because to disobey one is to disobey all, and without perfection godliness is futile. Only Christ could obey all, which he did by his full divine nature, and in his mercy paid the penalty, and rose again by the power of his divine nature, to examplify the victory over sin and death that will be inherited by those who believe in him.

This gift of righteouness and eternal life is so free that it will not cost you your lifestyle or anything else apart from faith in the sacrifice and finished work of Christ. Those who preach another gospel are blind, ignorant and workers of iniquity, whose hearts are covered with darkness and hence unable to comprehend the immeasurable grace and love of God. They are the self-righteous who preach everlasting suffering for sinners, of whom they are chief. God is love, and I am fully convinced of his everlasting mercy even upon those who wish or think the worst for others.

However, everyone will not receive the same reward in the world to come, and in many cases the first shall be the last. Not a bad thing though to be last in the Kingdom of God. Ask Satan, oh, I almost forgot, he is just a fading shadow!

Freely have I received from the Father, freely I give to whosoever believeth. It is more blessed to give than to receive, therefore I am blessed more abundantly, as will be those who spread the good news of God's love in a world about to be overtaken by darkness before the dawn of the new creation of God.

Jesus Christ is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

You Have Nothing To Fear / Athiests Repent! / Black Sunday: Meet The Man At The Center Of The Whole Massacre At Ozubulu (PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.