Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (97720 Views)

Poll: Is pre-marital sex fornication?

Yes: 81% (353 votes)
No: 18% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / 5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2007
trini_girl:

@ goodguy

Plagiarism at it's worst,  please ,  I have no time to read 3000 word posts ,  please make a point.

Ok , I read it , where are the facts to back up this article u plagiarised?

Do you know the meaning of the word you're using at all?  I cited the source of that article.  That is in no way, plagiarism, woman!

trini_girl:

so far, the only indulgent argument here is the one plagiarised by the virgin goodguy. But I doubt he even understands what it means , mr copy and paste.

But thanks for taking the time and effort to google the subject to try and contribute some intelligent matter.

I did not plagiarise that article.  Afterall, I didn't claim it was mine.  I copied, pasted, and provided the link to the article just to help you get out of that close-minded reasoning of yours.

You doubt if I understand what the article means?  You really think you're the only one with brains on Nairaland?  Conceit - not good at all at all. cheesy
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2007
mrpataki:

I never knew that all the while thanks for the knowledge shared.

Hey bro, I was only kidding with that.  I was being sarcastic, actually. cheesy
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2007
mrpataki:

Miss know it all, am sure most people that have given reaonable and credible meaning to your topic here have spoken under the leading of how the holy spirit has given them the understanding.
To think that head knowledge applies to the understanding Gods word, you are truly been decieved there.
I will let you rest here, for the day.
pataki,

are you still crying over that post with the Rev , I really wish you guys would stop fighting over me now , stop trying to attack me personally because of it ,  kiss
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Sista(f): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Trinigirl

Interesting point sista, perhaps in another thread , I already can't keep up with the posts on this topic

I only mentioned Religion and it's root in this topic because of how you cleverly tracked down the true meaning and origins of Fornication in this topic.

Over in the Saddam topic, you seemed to be a bit fanatical and I saw an opportunity to get you to see how this topic is based on B/S, in other words religion.

You will see what I am talking about when you search the origins of the word religion, which is not an African word or thing, it is a white thing and black people are fighting over it like crumbs. Africans an Asians didn't call their way of life religion and that should tell you something about the white mans intentions for bringing his white washed, Egyptian way of life, (now in the form of white mans Christianity religion) into the interior of Africa, to convert Africans with.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TayoD(m): 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Trini_girl,

You don't need to get angry about my question. The reason why I ask is to let you consider the possibility that your stand might just be a means of providing biblical proofs to continue in the way of life you are living.

You don't make the Bible conform to  your thoughts, beliefs and practice rather, you let the bible guide your thoughts, belief and practice.  You can ask me any question you wanna ask. The Bible says that which is made manifest is light.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Sista(f): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Mrpataki

@ Sista,
And you allowed yourself to forget the fact that, you don't see humans spitting their white hatred here and there, which you are well noted for.
Maybe when peeps like you can cut down the white hatred the world would be a better place to live in for once!

And you forgot to realize that at no point, do you ever make sense. undecided

Still, I find you interestingly, interesting. undecided
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2007
It's funny watching some people avoid the topic at hand by asking the OP personal questions that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion just so they can probbably have something to use against her in a way to say her opinions/comments arent valid or important.

anyway carry on.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2007
My conclusion is that here,we have a woman with a somewhat shallow knowledge of the Bible living in fornication and trying her best to justify it "as a Christian".

Biblically speaking,fornication=sex outside of marriage=sin=hell fire.
You can repent and deviate from fornication and be forgiven.
Justify it all you want,it's still sin.

these things are milk,what will you do when it comes time for meat?

1 Like

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2007
TOH
not again, go back to your fighting thread
grin

well am in love with trini_girl so what ever she says is correct
i just wish i can prove it to my self first
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2007
kacey, quit following me jo. angry tongue

This thread is actually pretty interesting
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2007
goodguy:

Do you know the meaning of the word you're using at all? I cited the source of that article. That is in no way, plagiarism, woman!

Lol!! You called me woman!! That's funny , u sound like a trini!

goodguy:

I did not plagiarise that article. Afterall, I didn't claim it was mine. I copied, pasted, and provided the link to the article just to help you get out of that close-minded reasoning of yours.

You doubt if I understand what the article means? You really think you're the only one with brains on Nairaland? Conceit - not good at all at all. cheesy

Only one with brains , nooo , but one of the view with controversial beliefs that religious heretics wouldn't understand.

Hmmm , are u saying my reasoning is close minded because i don't agree with YOUR close mindedness , my brother, this issue her is not trying to convince people that my view is what the should believe, or vice versa.

Although people here seem to think that I have to conform to their deception and live in bondage like them, no thank you.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TayoD(m): 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2007
ToH,

Our paths have crossed again. And yet again you have pre-judged me. You are getting too predictable girl. Spice things up a little bit more.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2007
Tayo, you are obviously paranoid.
You're not the only guilty of what I stated.
Dont worry, I see it all the time on NairaLand.
So, get over yourself, darling  wink
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2007
TayoD:

@Trini_girl,

You don't need to get angry about my question. The reason why I ask is to let you consider the possibility that your stand might just be a means of providing biblical proofs to continue in the way of life you are living.

You don't make the Bible conform to  your thoughts, beliefs and practice rather, you let the bible guide your thoughts, belief and practice.  You can ask me any question you want to ask. The Bible says that which is made manifest is light.

Exactly! I know it! Personal attack.

My friend, do not pull the tail of the lion!

If you have a point to make, make it without trying to get into my personal business.  You don't need infomation on me to express your views.  Express your view and move on sha!

Watch it!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2007
trini_girl

go girl preach it to me

grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2007
kaecy5:

TOH
well am in love with trini_girl so what ever she says is correct
i just wish i can prove it to my self first

It is true ,  I am in love with Kaecy  smiley 

Hi babyyy ,   kiss  kiss  kiss

now they have something personal on me  grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2007
@ sista

didn't I address this nonsense about reincarnation already what is it again? wrong thread.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

It's funny watching some people avoid the topic at hand by asking the OP personal questions that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion just so they can probbably have something to use against her in a way to say her opinions/comments arent valid or important.

anyway carry on.

so TOH

are you saying you agree? or disagree?
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TayoD(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2007
ToH,

Shey you know that I have nothing but love for you sha. And by the way, I hope you see the fact that you are as guilty of personal attacks as the other person you may be accusing on nairaland.

Trini_baby,

Who attacked you personally? Definitely not me. There are times you have to know where a person is coming from in order to understand why they think the way they do. We know the Rev's antecedents and are not surprised by his statements on nairaland. I just have a strong feeling that you are trying to justify what you are doing by quoting the Bible in the face of obvious contradictions.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2007
[
TayoD:

@Trini_girl,

You don't make the Bible conform to  your thoughts, beliefs and practice rather, you let the bible guide your thoughts, belief and practice.  You can ask me any question you want to ask. The Bible says that which is made manifest is light.

So I have a question for you , exactly where did I contradict the Bible? Have I said anything that you can prove is contrary to scripture? If you're going to use Corinthians again, please read my original post.  The Bible does not guide my thoughts, the letter kills, the spirit gives life.  The holy spirit guides my understanding of scripture.
[quote][/quote]
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:21pm On Jan 11, 2007
attacks, maybe.  tongue I am not guilty of using personal history against people's opinions in threads

Sure we all know about Rev but are you saying that because of what we know of him, his opinions in certain things esp ones like this are irrelevant because of it?

Trini Girl, I like your arguement but I'll have to give my side later. I'll just watch for now  cheesy
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2007
TayoD:

Trini_baby,

Who attacked you personally? Definitely not me. There are times you have to know where a person is coming from in order to understand why they think the way they do. We know the Rev's antecedents and are not surprised by his statements on nairaland. I just have a strong feeling that you are trying to justify what you are doing by quoting the Bible in the face of obvious contradictions.

My brother, please do not call me baby, that is not for u!

If you have my interest at heart, then you do not need to know about my actions per se ,  u do not need to know my sexual activity to understand me,  it is none of your damned business.  

I don't need to "justify" what you allege I may or may not be doing ,  and so far I have not seen any clear contradictions to what I have said about the definition of fornication.

So if you cannot present an argument objectively, and not subjectively ,  it is personal ,  and it is out of place!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2007
Okay, okay people.  Everybody should calm down.

@ trini_girl,

I believe you started this thread to hear our opinions on this topic, and not for you to force your belief down our throat.

Please read the article I provided earlier (yeah, the one you accused me of plagiarising cheesy) with an unbiased mind.  You will see that it deals with the various meanings of the word "fornication" in various languages.  Whilst it agrees with your own greek version of the word, it also explains that the word indeed was used in other languages and can also mean different things in these languages, even as used in the Bible.  

It will be totally partisan of you to shut your eyes and mind to these other explanations in the article, and only pay a close attention to that which you want to believe in - the one that suits your position obviously.

Note that no one here disputed the fact that fornication means "sleeping with prostitutes" as you've explained to us.  In this regard, you should also be able to listen to our explanation that fornication does not only mean that which you told us, but that it also has other meanings depending on the context in which it is used, of which "Premarital sex" is majorly one of them.

Please read that article open-mindedly, and elighten yourself more.

God bless you. cool   (. . and no, I'm not being sanctimonious cheesy).
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2007
ok goodguy , I will , grin

(but I still think you're being sanctimonious) wink
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Reverend(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2007
The truth of the matter nobody is wrong and nobody is right. If you think that pre-marital sex is wrong then don't do it, but don't preach and force your beliefs upon other people.

It seems that most of the arguments on Nairaland are from Christians that can not agree with each other. Everybody has their own interpretations of the scriptures and think their opinion is the correct one. They argue for days about the slightest of differences. Very funny tongue

It is so refreshing to be free from the religious mumbo jumbo and be able to think for ones self!

You should keep the Bible out of your Bedrooms, Knickers and Bras undecided

Sex and religion do not mix. Even when it between little boys and Catholic priests lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TayoD(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2007
My point is, if you are committed to be married to someone, then having sex with that person does not mean you are a fornicator.
Joseph was commited to be married to Mary, but still never had sex with her. If you've read the songs of solomon, there is a major theme there that says: "Do not awaken love until it is time". This is a refernce to sex.

Although I do not condone sex with multiple partners, sex with your boyfriend or fiancee is fine, as long as you are both committed to each other and monogamous
Do you realise all these are your personal opinions and not the Bible? Where does the scripture says you can have sex with your fiancess if you are both commited? Rather the Bible says if you are in commitment to your spouse and are feeling uncontraolable sexual urges, you should go ahead and get married in order to avoid fornication. See 1 Corinthians 7:36 If anyone thinks he is acting improperly toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if she is getting along in years and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married.

1 Like

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by dennylove(m): 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2007
stop this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AM A VIGIN, i don't want to get CORRUPTED Abeg. grin cheesy grin grin wink
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by roflmao: 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2007
Reverend:

The truth of the matter nobody is wrong and nobody is right. If you think that pre-marital sex is wrong then don't do it, but don't preach and force your beliefs upon other people.

It seems that most of the arguments on Nairaland are from Christians that can not agree with each other. Everybody has their own interpretations of the scriptures and think their opinion is the correct one. They argue for days about the slightest of differences. Very funny tongue

It is so refreshing to be free from the religious mumbo jumbo and be able to think for ones self!

You should keep the Bible out of your Bedrooms, Knickers and Bras undecided

Sex and religion do not mix. Even when it between little boys and Catholic priests lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Word is bond Reverend. I'm a Christian but yo, Bleep what the Bible says: I'll bone all day till my casket's lowered (It's an abomination not to do so in family!)
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Lafem(m): 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2007
Trini threw a bait are you guys and you all fell for it. Babe's mind is already made up, so don't bother trying to refute her position as doing so would be fruitless anyhow -- she's demonstrated that she's unwilling to bend, and therefore no amount of refutation would suffice. Playing word games about the semantics of 'premarital' sex vs. fornication is just that, coz it's not rocket science for any sincere person to understand the Bible's CLEAR position on the matter. Fornication can encompass and accomodate adultery, prostitution, whoredom, 'premarital sex', and other sex sins, when understood in the context under which it's used in the Bible. Bottomline is: THE BIBLE IS CLEAR ON ITS ADMONITION OF CHRISTIANS AGAINST SEX OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM, it's left to man to agree or disagree with God on that point as he's a free moral agent anyhow. Man's attempt to put a spin on that clear injunction, perhaps to numb his sense of guilt, cannot change that simple fact.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Sista(f): 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Trini-girl

didn't I address this nonsense about reincarnation already what is it again? wrong thread.

Nonsense about Reincarnation? Again, shows your self righteousness coupled with hypocrisy. wink

If you did address the nonsense reincarnation issue, it seemed like you were being condescending. So if you had made a point, I missed it.

I already told you why I brought up religion in this thread and I explained that it was because both topics are interconnected, if you can't see that, my bad.

I won't be bringing anything up in this topic again about things that are connected to other topics in which you have contributed. I thought the whole thing was to learn and get something out of this topic and if possible learn something and get something from any of these topics. Nairaland is a community and the chance of topics not ending up in other topics/threads is less than zero. Every issue has a beginning, middle and an end. How will you understand the end with out the middle and how ill you understand the middle with out the beginning? How will you have the end, if you don't know the beginning or the middle?

Point being, a lot of these thread/topics are about the end or the beginning, where as the middle or etc. may be over in another thread. It is more than likely, especially when one is critically thinking, how can onel not try to put the three together, that being (beginning, middle and end).

Who knows, maybe you are some kind of expert and you can figure it all out with out taking all three into consideration? undecided
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Reverend(m): 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2007
If reincarnation is real, does that mean that Mr.Pataki could possibly return as a human being in the future

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2007
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

This Is Apostle Suleman's Nude Photo - Stephanie Otobo Says / Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos) / Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.