Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,145 members, 7,916,356 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:26 PM

Thread For Literature Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For Literature Students (846 Views)

D7 In Government And E8 In Literature N English What Art Course Can He Go For? / Utme 2017: Thread For Commercial Jambites / UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
greetings @ all

for those who love literary works and for those reading it for exams,let's edify ourselves

we know that amongst the art subjects,this is the most challenging. Let's make it surmountable!

Focus will be on recommended areas in poetry, drama and prose

i need up to ten people to type 'aye' before we begin cheesy
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
hmm... Seems my target audience is not on nairaland
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 31, 2016
those art student preparing for ssce and jamb come in here lets get talking.

Is it just university students we have in education section?

Okay,am extending it to all art student. Knowledge is power, so lets talk on english,govt,lit,c.r.s,history and others.

Teachers,scholars and students are welcome
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
still wondering why education section lack quality discussion thread. All i see is thread for those who applied to different universities. Hmmm..
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 02, 2017
she stoops to conquer, othello, faceless, native son, a raisin in the sun e.t.c needs to be analysed
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
oya the first five people to signal interest will get recharge card. #real matters
Re: Thread For Literature Students by EternalTruth: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
redbeans:
oya the first five people to signal interest will get recharge card. #real matters
signing in bro..
A confirm literature student with zeal an passion for literary oriented entities..
Already got a first degree but wanna opt for jamb again to study law and thus will be writing literature in next year's jamb.
My jamb combo includes English Government CRS and the almighty Literature..

1 Like

Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
4 more people to indicate interest to unlock the reward and begin the brainstorming.
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
probably others will join up later.

Let's look at metaphor. This figure of speech could be tricky at times. Morphologically, it would mean comparison of two things without using 'like' or 'as' in a way that the object is reflective of the subject (as if one)

Example is: john is a lion. By syntax, we have a dead metaphor. One in which the metaphor becomes hard to decipher. E.g bread of life, food for thought, arrow of pain etc. 'of' could be a clue. When someone is being described, and it goes: a tiger in the forest, the stump of warriors and so on; it is found there.

What i do most times is that when a statement is made and the literary device asked, i go through other options and when none matches i go for metaphor. Other suggestions are welcomed
Re: Thread For Literature Students by EternalTruth: 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
redbeans:
4 more people to indicate interest to unlock the reward and begin the brainstorming.
guy there's a whatsapp group o for literary candidates. Abeg whatsapp 08029532397
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
EternalTruth:
guy there's a whatsapp group o for literary candidates. Abeg whatsapp 08029532397
oh. Currently offline. Will reconnect when I get a good phone
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
Time to update something. It's been a while...

What is the difference between parody, burlesque and caricature?

Burlesque is a humorous imitation of a serious work done on stage, parody is a comical work distorting an original literature while carricature is a drawing exaggerating one's features
Re: Thread For Literature Students by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2017
Imagery/Symbolism: imagery looks at the picture conjured in our minds when we examine a symbol. Symbolism on the other hand is a thing that stands for or represents another. E.g the cross which stands for christianity.

Imagery/symbolism is very common in unseen prose and unseen poetry. So, i will examine one or two.

UNSEEN POETRY
in front of the gate, the guard stands with his rifle,
above,untidy clouds are carrying away the moon,
the bedbugs are swarming around like army tanks or manoeuvers,
while the mosquitoes form squadrons,attacking like fighter planes.

1. The poem is about war or prison life? Ans is prison life [symbolism at work]

2. The imagery is predominantly......... Agricultural or military? The Ans is military

(1) (Reply)

100 Level Economics Student Drowns In River At Bayelsa / Jamb Result Out! / Help Somebody Who Doesn't Know The Course To Study With Her WAEC Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.