Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,854 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. (1406 Views)

Titus Uba Of APC Emerges New Speaker Of Benue Assembly / Imo State: Why Okorocha Was Caged / David Oloyelogun Emerges New Speaker Of Ondo House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
Abia!!!

The new speaker emerges.

Hon Chikwendu Kalu (Isiala Ngwa South Constituency) has been sworn in as the new speaker of Abia State House of Assembly after the resignation of Hon Bishop Kennedy Njoku (Osisioma North Constituency).

The reason for this is because Obingwa and Osisioma which made up the former Obioma Ngwa Local Government Area cannot produce the Governor of the state, the senator for Abia South, and the speaker of the state house of Assembly.

Isiala Ngwa has to be carried along.

Hon Bishop Kennedy Njoku became the speaker yesterday after the impeachment of Hon Martins Azubuike on a three count charge : (1) Inability to ensure equitable distribution of positions and power among members, (2) Insensitivity to the rights and needs of the members and general staff of the assembly, (3) Autocratic style of leadership.

Sequel to the charges, 20 out of 24 members signed the impeachment notice and that was the end of Hon Martins as speaker.

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by ishowdotgmail(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
Woow congrats big bro!

I know u will make us proud
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2016
This is madness
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by IncredibleJoe(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
Political madness... they were sleeping they appointed him abi that they didn't know he is from the same local government as the governor
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by vatiqan(m): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
Fuji house of commotion, dey learn work for where these [/s]law breakers[s], dey.
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by Okwyjesus(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2016
Why won't the speaker come from Abia north or Umuahia. Why all this Ukwa/ Ngwa politics. Don't tell me the new speaker is from Abia central, l already know but it shouldn't be Ngwa man.
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by Ponponkon: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
Okwyjesus:
Why won't the speaker come from Abia north or Umuahia. Why all this Ukwa/ Ngwa politics. Don't tell me the new speaker is from Abia central, l already know but it shouldn't be Ngwa man.
Sorry o the new speaker is the Ngwa man. Use ogbolo soup swallow am o.

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by mensdept: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
This is what happens when there is a legacy of corruption and rigging of elections for 13 years and counting. Imagine in 2011, when the so-called PDP fools in the state house all got re-elected (even at national level) for another 4 years when they did nothing....See how Ikpeazu and Theo Orji of Okija shrine stole the election (again) from APGA.

So no wonder Abia state is the way it is, and cant even get common state speaker right.

We the people should have a long time ago rejected all these military created states meant to do exactly what they are doing today- divide and rule and loot the people.

1 Like

Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by Okwyjesus(m): 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ponponkon:
Sorry o the new speaker is the Ngwa man. Use ogbolo soup swallow am o.
Can u explain why the gov and speaker should be from Ukwa/ Axis.
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by Yello1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
All i can say is i dont give a Bleep.
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by saintgp(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
They never thought about the aforementioned reason during voting right...lame excuse if am asked.
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by meezynetwork(m): 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
Bunch of fools
Re: Abia State: Why The New Speaker Resigned. by fernandoc(m): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
Non politicians will come here and make noise like they know anything about politics. Pls shut up if you have nothing reasonable to say.
2019 I will may my political intentions clears. Stay tuned to Abia politics.

(1) (Reply)

Former President Jonathan Visit Late Abdulkadir Kure Family In Niger State / PHOTOS: Nigerians React To Patience Jonathan's 2019 Senatorial Ambition / Court Of Appeal Confirms Ali Modu Sherrif As PDP National Chairman. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.