Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,693 members, 7,945,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

Fire Guts Properties Worth Millions Of Naira At Ekurode, Warri (photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire Guts Properties Worth Millions Of Naira At Ekurode, Warri (photos) (400 Views)

FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament / Fire Razes Houses In Akure, Properties Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed / Fire Outbreaks Destroy Properties Worth Millions In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Guts Properties Worth Millions Of Naira At Ekurode, Warri (photos) by tyokunbo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/12/31/fire-guts-properties-worth-millions-of-naira-at-ekurode-warri/

Properties worth hundreds of millions of naira were lost after a massive fire gutted buildings and shops in Warri metropolis in the early hours of today.

The fire incident, attributed to an electric spark, began around one am this morning and lasted till 3.20 am.

The Town Crier learnt that no life was lost during the nasty episode, but a victim, Miss Grace, a post graduate student, recounted her ordeal to reporters:

“I woke up to ease myself and I smelt something like a wire or fuse burning, so checked around the house to see if any of our sockets were burning, but I found none in our house. As I was easing myself, the smell became stronger, I opened the door and walked outside; behold what I saw was smoke and fire emanating from one of the shops close to our house . All my certificates, from primary school
to university are gone "

Mrs Rose Debekeme, whose shop's worth millions of naira was also destroyed by the inferno recounted experience this way, “I was in my house sleeping when the fire incident occurred. Somebody called me and said, ‘madam Rose fire has destroyed everything in your Shop.’ I started shedding tears. All my goods and the monies I kept in the safe are gone."
However, the Chairman of the community, Mr Samuel Edema, told reporters how the fire was brought under control.

"We had a distress call from our people about the fire outbreak, so I called the State Fire Service and Shell Fire Service came to our aid, while Hon Vincent Okudolor quickly drove down to Shell yard Ogunu. It took the intervention of SPDC to put out the fire though they came an hour after calling because they are third party."

Re: Fire Guts Properties Worth Millions Of Naira At Ekurode, Warri (photos) by tyokunbo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
Re: Fire Guts Properties Worth Millions Of Naira At Ekurode, Warri (photos) by Cletus77(m): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
Too bad. Forget the money but those certificates worth the tears!! Oh it will now be as if u didn't go to school
Re: Fire Guts Properties Worth Millions Of Naira At Ekurode, Warri (photos) by Donexy16(m): 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2016
The season has landed and the wishes and wizards have resumed their duties...
Re: Fire Guts Properties Worth Millions Of Naira At Ekurode, Warri (photos) by speedyconnect3: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
eiyaa

(1) (Reply)

FOR SALE: 2brbungalow On A Plot At Idera Estate Ashipa Ayobo Lagos / Prime Properties For Sale Around Akobo Ibadan / House For Rent/lease For Business Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.