Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,191 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:07 PM

2016 And 2017: The Difference You Never Know - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2016 And 2017: The Difference You Never Know (361 Views)

What Is The Difference Between The Exclusive And Concurrent List / Open Heavens Daily Devotional October 2, 2017 - The Most Needful Thing / Open Heavens Daily Devotional August 21, 2017 - The Temple Of The Holy Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2016 And 2017: The Difference You Never Know by Heterodox(m): 8:19am On Jan 01, 2017
2016 AND 2017: THE DIFFERENCE YOU NEVER KNOW

I can remember my immotile heart palpitate gently and silently in unremitting rhythms in the spacious habitation of my pericardial cavity as I despite the yuletide marooned in a serious soul-chastising retrospection minutes to the ubiquitous and harmonious chorusing of the constant chants of a Happy New Year victoriously by great and small, weak and strong, poor and rich, kings and chiefs alike in the spacious openness of the enclosed building of the church. My heart unlikely, within minutes of deep inspection had only one question then as it is now: "Of what difference?"

Of what difference? This question I struggled to answer as the then new year tickled in. I was held hostage by my limited search for a just apt answer. Was there a difference between the what would be previous year 2015 and the new year 2016? I couldn't find an apt answer. Everything happened as they happened. The goats walking the streets still gave birth to kids, and the dogs guarding the houses remained glued to nature; they never gave birth to horses. People, irrespective of cliche and status quo died like the harmless ants that patrolled the destitute of utmost ruin. Like scavengers, many were robbed of the gift of life having the essence sucked away. People still married. They still gave birth like they did previous years. Justified and apt answer? I couldn't disagree less. There should be a difference between both, like there is between life and death. Something distinctively unique, incontrovertible should exist to explain the reason for the continuous indescribable joy expressed at the sight of a coming year. I joined in the harmonious chants of joy and exchanged pleasantries with love ones, a prelapsarian hug for the lady I love most. Deep within, I adjoined my soul to lend more time to my spirit, I will give a satisfying answer come 2017. And now I do.

Sad but true, there is no difference between previous years and the new year in the curriculum of events. None between 2016 and 2017. The cycle and circle still circles out a ring of equal plane: birth, life, accidents, promotions, rape, opportunities and death will still happen in this new year undiminished as the Lord wills. All these would be holistically true if not for the difference I have been able, through my surveillance and observation find out in 2016. There is a difference, and that difference is YOU.

You are the only thing that gives a different meaning to successive years that comes into the lives of every man. As a man, you are constantly changing. Your thoughts, words, and actions possess the congenital ability to effortlessly precipitate the much needed compound to compound the needed change the world yearns for. The difference in you is that difference you are ready to make in life. Like peak, it's in you. And that, surprisingly, is what differentiate each year. Your resolution, correction of past errors, selfless service to mankind, disregard for needless avarice, unconditional love, religion tolerance, joviality, affability, unrestrained charity and readiness to help in kind and in cash your neighbours is what will make 2017 a unique, different year from 2016 and abound.

So joining others, in the spirit of newness, and renewed personality, to the continuity of friendship, prosperity and unstoppable success, with burning desire of love for God and mankind, I Olusanya Olaleye sobriquet Heterodox, personally and joyously welcome you to 2017.

Greetings from Heterodox.
I LOVE YOU ALL.

Cc: Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd4

(1) (Reply)

Florida Airport Shooting Suspect Faces Charges With Possible Death Penalty / See What A Customer Claimed TO Have Found Inside Amstel Malta (video) / I Did Not Apologise To Ogun Health Commissioner, Says Kashamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.