Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:07 AM

Book Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Book Of Life (753 Views)

Book of Isaiah (Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil) / If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest / All Problems Of Life Can Be Solved By Prayer And Reading D Book Of Psalms. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book Of Life by SweetJoystick(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2017
I'm lost kind of about the book of life.

What does the book of life contain? Does it contain the record of life of each person who once lived on earth? Or does it contain the name of persons who will enter/made it to Heaven? If it's a record of ones life, when you face God/Jesus that means judgement will be meted for one to make heaven or hell once your life history is played or read out.

If it does contain names of persons who made it to heaven, at what point are their names written in the book of life? Is it at the point of being born again? Or at the point/just before death?

If it's at the point of being born again, what happens when one back slides? Is the name removed and re registered again when one re dedicates his life to Christ?

If it's at the point of death, does it mean your way of life before death will determine if one will make it to heaven or not? Or if you don't have Christ in you just before you die, you won't make heaven still?

Or if you accept Christ just before you die, you would make heaven. If you make heaven by accepting Christ just before you die.......
Re: Book Of Life by SweetJoystick(m): 10:47am On Jan 01, 2017
How does one know if his/her name has been registered in the book of life so as to live right and have the name registered permanently.

If one doesn't or can't know until judgement day, does it make sense to pray to God to have your name written in the book of life assuming it can be removed anytime depending on your life style.
Re: Book Of Life by SweetJoystick(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
Bible scholars please help is needed here
Re: Book Of Life by Nauttyprof(m): 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
In response to your enquiries, the book of life contains names of everyone who is meant for heaven.

God's purpose for mankind is that all should be saved through the death and resurrection of Christ. God's plan is for ALL to be saved.

Based on this, everyone's name is written in the book of life either you are a Christian, Muslim or Pagan. We can retain our names in the book of life or get it removed at the point we accept or reject Christ. It is therefore a wrong teaching to say God will write one's name in the book of life when you accept Christ. You only retain your name there as it has been written a long time ago.

So, it's a matter of relationship with God.

I will back this up with the following Biblical references:

Exodus 32:32
Luke 10:20
Revelation 21:27
Revelation 20:15
2 Peter 3:9
Re: Book Of Life by SweetJoystick(m): 8:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
Nauttyprof:
In response to your enquiries, the book of life contains names of everyone who is meant for heaven.

God's purpose for mankind is that all should be saved through the death and resurrection of Christ. God's plan is for ALL to be saved.

Based on this, everyone's name is written in the book of life either you are a Christian, Muslim or Pagan. We can retain our names in the book of life or get it removed at the point we accept or reject Christ. It is therefore a wrong teaching to say God will write one's name in the book of life when you accept Christ. You only retain your name there as it has been written a long time ago.

So, it's a matter of relationship with God.

I will back this up with the following Biblical references:

Exodus 32:32
Luke 10:20
Revelation 21:27
Revelation 20:15
2 Peter 3:9
So the name is removed and not permanently registered once entered? If it contains the names of everyone irrespective of religion of what use it then to accept Christ?
Re: Book Of Life by Nauttyprof(m): 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
SweetJoystick:

So the name is removed and not permanently registered once entered? If it contains the names of everyone irrespective of religion of what use it then to accept Christ?

Accepting Christ retains the name but rejecting Him, means one's name will be blotted out of the book of life. It all goes down to relationship with God.

Remember, John 3:16 is a simply guide.
Re: Book Of Life by twosquare(m): 11:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
SweetJoystick:
I'm lost kind of about the book of life.

What does the book of life contain? Does it contain the record of life of each person who once lived on earth? Or does it contain the name of persons who will enter/made it to Heaven? If it's a record of ones life, when you face God/Jesus that means judgement will be meted for one to make heaven or hell once your life history is played or read out.

If it does contain names of persons who made it to heaven, at what point are their names written in the book of life? Is it at the point of being born again? Or at the point/just before death?

If it's at the point of being born again, what happens when one back slides? Is the name removed and re registered again when re dedicates his life to Christ?

If it's at the point of death, does it mean your way of life before death will determine if one will make it to heaven or not? Or if you don't have Christ in you just before you die, you won't make heaven still?

Or if you accept Christ just before you die, you would make heaven. If you make heaven by accepting Christ just before you die.......
Although I do not have much strength to type at this hour, but let me just add one or two things.

Is the name removed and re registered again when re dedicates his life to Christ?

Although it is not direct but it is similar: Can names be erased from “the book of life”? Yes. God said regarding disobedient people in ancient Israel: “Whoever has sinned against me, I shall wipe him out of my book.” (Exodus 32:33) But if we prove faithful, we will remain in “the scroll of life.”—Revelation 20:12.

What does the book of life contain? Does it contain the record of life of each person who once lived on earth? Or does it contain the name of persons who will enter/made it to Heaven?

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. (Rev. 20: 12) I think the bolded answered your question automatically.

If it's a record of ones life, when you face God/Jesus that means judgement will be meted for one to make heaven or hell once your life history is played or read out.

I don't know if the above is a question or commentary to preceding questions you asked. Well, I've answered the deeds part (according to what they have done). Now, is this judgement being passed out meant to decide who will enter/remain in Heaven or Hell? Answer is capital NO. This is the judgement to decide who shall be a partaker of the world to come (The New Heaven and New Earth). Even Scriptures says the present Heaven believers are running to will pass away (Heb. 1: 10-11; Rev. 21: 1). Same with Hell/Hades you mentioned, Hell too will be judged and cast into the Lake of Fire. "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Rev. 20: 14). Can you see now...this judgement you are asking about is not a judgement into hell/hades but Lake of Fire (they are two different things entirely). What you should know is that what some men are experiencing right now is Hell; Lake is yet to come. Let me describe it like this: Hell is just for torture; Lake is for annihilation. That is God's own punishment gangan. Hell is run by devils but when the time of Lake comes, they themselves will be tormented and burned. Anyone whose name is not found in the book of life will be thrown into the lake...no shortcut. Why? I will answer it in the next question.

When is the name written in the book of life, erased, rewritten..etc,?

Now, I promised to answer the why question. However, you should know that there is more to the book of life, and i can't say all here.It is deep but let me summarise just like the bible did. The 'why' question i said is that anyone whose name is not in the book of life only means one thing: such a person is a lake material. Now, to become a lake material is not because you were once a robber (though everything has its reward); but someone who has fallen into the state of the second death. When a guy falls into a state of the second death; such a one cannot and cannever repent even when God appears to Him....they have reached a state of no return (death), they have died twice in their soul and spirit. They are now like satan who can never repent, that is why they cannot be saved- what next is to throw them into Lake prepared for satan and his angels. This is why atheists don't know what they are doing to themselves gradually- they're killling something via wrong knowledge, and such knowedge is not here to make you feel 'more intelligent' but to first steal from you, kill you and then destroy you- those are the stages of satanic programme to kill a man's soul. Killing a man's soul is not by throwing him to hell (people still remember Jesus in hell and plead) but for one's soul to die is to be cut off totally from the Life of God and become one with satan. Second death folks will hate God for who he is; even God will try and save them by melting out punishment to get them to a state of repentance and seek mercy but they will curse him as those punishment is landing (as evident in Rev. 16:9)

Only God knows when it is written whether at the beginning or end...the Keeper of those books know...but one thing you should know is that there is something with judgement and the opening of books.....and books were opened...and books were opened...Daniel mentioned it n Dan. 7:10, same with John in Rev. 20:12.

1 Like

Re: Book Of Life by SweetJoystick(m): 7:25am On Jan 02, 2017
twosquare:
Although I do not have much strength to type at this hour, but let me just add one or two things.

Is the name removed and re registered again when re dedicates his life to Christ?

Although it is not direct but it is similar: Can names be erased from “the book of life”? Yes. God said regarding disobedient people in ancient Israel: “Whoever has sinned against me, I shall wipe him out of my book.” (Exodus 32:33) But if we prove faithful, we will remain in “the scroll of life.”—Revelation 20:12.

What does the book of life contain? Does it contain the record of life of each person who once lived on earth? Or does it contain the name of persons who will enter/made it to Heaven?

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. (Rev. 20: 12) I think the bolded answered your question automatically.

If it's a record of ones life, when you face God/Jesus that means judgement will be meted for one to make heaven or hell once your life history is played or read out.

I don't know if the above is a question or commentary to preceding questions you asked. Well, I've answered the deeds part (according to what they have done). Now, is this judgement being passed out meant to decide who will enter/remain in Heaven or Hell? Answer is capital NO. This is the judgement to decide who shall be a partaker of the world to come (The New Heaven and New Earth). Even Scriptures says the present Heaven believers are running to will pass away (Heb. 1: 10-11; Rev. 21: 1). Same with Hell/Hades you mentioned, Hell too will be judged and cast into the Lake of Fire. "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Rev. 20: 14). Can you see now...this judgement you are asking about is not a judgement into hell/hades but Lake of Fire (they are two different things entirely). What you should know is that what some men are experiencing right now is Hell; Lake is yet to come. Let me describe it like this: Hell is just for torture; Lake is for annihilation. That is God's own punishment gangan. Hell is run by devils but when the time of Lake comes, they themselves will be tormented and burned. Anyone whose name is not found in the book of life will be thrown into the lake...no shortcut. Why? I will answer it in the next question.

When is the name written in the book of life, erased, rewritten..etc,?

Now, I promised to answer the why question. However, you should know that there is more to the book of life, and i can't say all here.It is deep but let me summarise just like the bible did. The 'why' question i said is that anyone whose name is not in the book of life only means one thing: such a person is a lake material. Now, to become a lake material is not because you were once a robber (though everything has its reward); but someone who has fallen into the state of the second death. When a guy falls into a state of the second death; such a one cannot and cannever repent even when God appears to Him....they have reached a state of no return (death), they have died twice in their soul and spirit. They are now like satan who can never repent, that is why they cannot be saved- what next is to throw them into Lake prepared for satan and his angels. This is why atheists don't know what they are doing to themselves gradually- they're killling something via wrong knowledge, and such knowedge is not here to make you feel 'more intelligent' but to first steal from you, kill you and then destroy you- those are the stages of satanic programme to kill a man's soul. Killing a man's soul is not by throwing him to hell (people still remember Jesus in hell and plead) but for one's soul to die is to be cut off totally from the Life of God and become one with satan. Second death folks will hate God for who he is; even God will try and save them by melting out punishment to get them to a state of repentance and seek mercy but they will curse him as those punishment is landing (as evident in Rev. 16:9)

Only God knows when it is written whether at the beginning or end...the Keeper of those books know...but one thing you should know is that there is something with judgement and the opening of books.....and books were opened...and books were opened...Daniel mentioned it n Dan. 7:10, same with John in Rev. 20:12.

Thanks, detailed enough. "And books were opended"....... are there more than one book of life or there are other books to be judged with?
Re: Book Of Life by Nauttyprof(m): 8:21am On Jan 02, 2017
SweetJoystick:

Thanks, detailed enough. "And books were opended"....... are there more than one book of life or there are other books to be judged with?

Read Revelations 20:12 carefully - And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

You will realise that the book of life is just a book which contains names of people who will enter heaven while the other books contains records of how everyone spent his or her life.
Re: Book Of Life by SweetJoystick(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2017
Nauttyprof:

Read Revelations 20:12 carefully - And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

You will realise that the book of life is just a book which contains names of people who will enter heaven while the other books contains records of how everyone spent his or her life.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Cancel That Evil Dream In Jesus Precious Name. I can interprete dreams. / How Life And Ministry Of Pastor E.A Adeboye All Started / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/01/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.