Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,123 members, 7,900,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:09 AM

A Must Read: The Story Of Obasanjo, Globacom Owner, Adenuga, Ribadu's Efcc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Must Read: The Story Of Obasanjo, Globacom Owner, Adenuga, Ribadu's Efcc (516 Views)

"APC Is Taking Us Back To The Days Of Obasanjo" Man Says As He Destroys His PVC / Ben Bruce: "Babachir Arrested Because Of Obasanjo’s Letter To Buhari" / Photos Of Obasanjo Gyrating With Members Of Kegite Club Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read: The Story Of Obasanjo, Globacom Owner, Adenuga, Ribadu's Efcc by lovelani(m): 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
A MUST READ: The Story Of Obasanjo, Globacom Owner, Adenuga, Ribadu's EFCC As Told By Awujale Of Ijebuland

The EFCC in Lagos had come calling brusquely on Mike Adenuga (Jnr), Chairman Globacom on 9 July 2006. They broke his gate, swarmed into his house and kept him under ‘arrest’. When I heard about the arrest, I called the legal firms, of Ayanlaja SAN & Adesanya SAN as well as Professor Biodun Adesanya SAN to take up the matter and secure Mike’s release. They swung into action and gave indication that they would take the matter to court.

By evening, it was no longer necessary to go to court as Mike, following his statement to EFCC, had been released with instructions to report regularly to the EFCC headquarters in Abuja. Mike proceeded to Abuja, accompanied by his lawyer, Prof. Biodun Adesanya SAN. Indirectly related to this case, the EFCC had quizzed and released Mohammed Babangida, Ibrahim Babangida’s son. The EFCC purportedly were on the trail of some money belonging to the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF), but there was really more beneath the veneer.
While Mike was in Abuja, he was counseled to see Obasanjo to extricate himself. For four days, he made attempts to see Obasanjo but was unsuccessful. After a few days in Abuja with no case pressed against him by EFCC, he returned to Lagos. Not long afterward, and in the heat of this mess, Obasanjo did two things that puzzled me. He called Mike to meet him at a social event in Lagos –Engr. Olapade’s birthday celebration. Mike and Obasanjo were both captured by press photographers in the newspapers at the event. Following the celebration, Obasanjo asked Mike.....
Continue here: http://viid.me/qyZvLu

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Govt Worst For Workers In 30 Years:the NIGERIA Labour Congress, NLC / Body Of Ex-governor Kure Arrives Minna / Buhari Arrives Bamako, Mali To Attend 27th Africa-france Summit (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.