Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,356 members, 7,971,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:45 AM

Blaming The Girl Child: A Bogus Assertion By Com. Ademola Mayowa Joseph - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Blaming The Girl Child: A Bogus Assertion By Com. Ademola Mayowa Joseph (589 Views)

Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blaming The Girl Child: A Bogus Assertion By Com. Ademola Mayowa Joseph by TeamLeader112: 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
BLAMING THE GIRL CHILD: A BOGUS ASSERTION
COM. ADEMOLA MAYOWA JOSEPH

Early last week, I was at a shopping mall to get some beverages just to keep myself warm during this wintry weather season, but to my greatest gob smack, I sighted a young woman who had with her a little girl who happens to be her daughter, she was precisely within the age range of six to eight, I thought. The mother was busy cataloging cloth to be purchased for her little daughter; the cloth seems so licentious for such a little girl.

Each moment the mother lays her hand on varieties of indecent cloth, she asked the daughter if she appreciated it, but the little girl who don’t know how to differentiate good quality from bad quality would go ahead to say YES since she knew her mother can never choose for her anything that seems to be dire.

I can pledge to say that the mother bought apparels of about twenty-five thousand for her daughter, and 90% of the attires were too indecent for such a little girl who seems to be naive. I wonder what kind of garb such girl would attempt to buy for herself when she grows up to her adolescent stage, when such a girl is been cautioned in the society for indecent dressing, she tends to overlook them because she does not take what she does as an awful thing.

We thereafter go around blaming the girl child, not knowing it was the fault of the parent, most especially the mothers. I urge the federal government to please encourage effective family education before marriage, because so many bust into marriage all in the name of love without focusing on the fruit such a love is going to bear, I can intrepidly say that many parent don't know how to bring up a child.

I was also going to greet a friend at Bariga area of Lagos state when I sighted this woman beating her daughter of almost certainly eighteen all in the name of reprimand; she blamed her for wearing indecent dressing in the society. It is of paramount affirmation that it was those kinds of indecent clothing the girl was brought up with or the moment she was going wayward, the parent tends to ignore her. The moment things got worse with her was when they knew it was time to make alteration.

Many parents nowadays speak fallacies, hoax and bogus statement about sex to their little girl child thinking they are educating them to take flight away from boys, urging them not to relate with men, I think they are really making a great slip-up that can cause hazard to the girl-child in the future.

We need to tell the truth behind sex to our children so that they can go by the law, let’s join hands together to tell them the truth. When parent tell lies about some pivotal issues to a girl child and the society speaks the truth, the girl child would rather believe her parent than the society. With this, parents are to be blamed for a girl who goes wayward in behavior because if such a girl is examined, the dilemma will boil down to the family background.

I also use this medium to encourage our parents to please be very wide awake and on guard about our girl child whereabouts, they are very crucial to the society, I was at a friend’s house two months ago to pay him a visit, as I was about stepping out to buy bread at a grocery shop adjacent our apartment, I saw a boy and a girl of precisely three years of age and deep-rooted to be from the same parent, they were kissing their self on a lengthy bench outside the edifice while their mother was washing dirty cloths beside them and was unaware.

I can't really say about what such child could practice in the society when they grow up to be an adolescent due to the fact that such child would have been exposed to some adult materials or activities while they were indoor or where they go to amuse them self.

This is why I’m urging our mothers, I precisely focus on the mothers because I think they are the one most concerned, that is why I’m using them as a benchmark to children’s waywardness due to the fact that fathers are not always at the domicile, please lets be very much careful about where our children go and what they recreate with, especially the girl child.

And also to the parent at large, let’s Endeavor to keep away from little children, all material that seems to be for adult and any adult activities that goes on when we think the children are not aware. Children are very smart, so parents BEWARE!!!

Together we can protect the girl child and together we can secure their future.

ONE NIGERIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blaming The Girl Child: A Bogus Assertion By Com. Ademola Mayowa Joseph by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
Improper home training started not only from the parents but the grand, great grand parents... And on. A typical case of a granny who got pregnant at sixteen and was married off to have a family. How would she train her child? Can she give to her child what she doesn't have?

Child marriage is another cause of decline in proper home training... A twelve year old wife will definitely have nothing to offer in terms of child training. Her husband will have the say in everything but then it is actually a man's job to monitor a child ( But they can help)

Time factor is another major constituent in this mayhem, Do parents have enough time to watch, monitor, guide and train their children? Not in a country like Nigeria where everyone is on the run to make ends meet. Boarding houses are now training homes for children but then will a staff be allocated to a child? Hell no !

I don't blame people when they commit an offense or go against proper way of behaving. They are only acting how they believe they could.. Its our job as people who knows better to correct and help them. smiley
Re: Blaming The Girl Child: A Bogus Assertion By Com. Ademola Mayowa Joseph by TeamLeader112: 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
@ Alondra : Thanks For Your View. ---- NOTED.
Re: Blaming The Girl Child: A Bogus Assertion By Com. Ademola Mayowa Joseph by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2017
TeamLeader112:
@ Alondr : Thanks For Your View.
----
NOTED.
You are welcome smiley
Re: Blaming The Girl Child: A Bogus Assertion By Com. Ademola Mayowa Joseph by TeamLeader112: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2017
I Solely Belief That One Day, Mr. Seun Will Willingly Move My Article Thread To Front Page.
-----
Still Waiting If He Will Consider Me This Time.

(1) (Reply)

30 Questions To Ask Before Agreeing To Marry. / Based On Logistic! See What Makes Some Girls Slay... / Things I Wish I Noted Before Getting A Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.