Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,507 members, 7,908,406 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 05:17 AM

Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (13251 Views)

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? / What Does The Future Hold?....should The Wedding Be Cancelled? / Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by vanitty: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
lol dead-beat angry
By sponsoring i meant the venue, entertainment and food o, not the man's suit, ring e.t.c but you know Nigeria people the groom's family will want to "show themselves" to the bride's family as well so they will cook, do cooker, blender, mp3, call entertainer to praise them e.t.c
I am from kwara state - that is how I know it is done and I have been involved in many weddings in this lifetime smiley
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
cantell:

@Vanitty,
Are you sure you're a Nigerian? because we're talking of Naija couples here. Pls tell me the parents of a bride that would sponsor a wedding(not traditional wedding) and i would gladly marry their daughter. In a few years time it'll be inevitable, so i'd like to marry now and get it over with.

My guy na so i see am too oh.
Cos most of Nija wedding the wife's family will even collect tithe from you sef.
vanitty:

lol dead-beat angry
By sponsoring i meant the venue, entertainment and food o, not the man's suit, ring e.t.c but you know Nigeria people the groom's family will want to "show themselves" to the bride's family as well so they will cook, do cooker, blender, mp3, call entertainer to praise them e.t.c
I am from kwara state - that is how I know it is done and I have been involved in many weddings in this lifetime smiley

Even if they can sponsor all that, wedding don happen be that now, cos those are the biggest expenses for wedding now.
Make i make sure say Na Sons i get then oh
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by cantell(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
@Vanitty,
If they can pay for entertainment,food and venue, what else needs to be done? I'm an Igbo guy and if this is possible in our place then by the end of next year I'm on my way to the altar. Different tribes and people have their ways of doing things. Igbo men marry late because they take care of their wedding themselves with little or no financial help from the bride's parents. So for a man to marry in our place, he must be ready.
For instance, a man who wants to marry in Mbaise,Mbaano,Mbaitolu and other towns in Imo state will spend nothing less than half a million naira(#500,000) for the traditional wedding.
So if avoiding this type of rip-off would make me a deadbeat, i would gladly be one.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
cantell:

@Vanitty,
If they can pay for entertainment,food and venue, what else needs to be done? I'm an Igbo guy and if this is possible in our place then by the end of next year I'm on my way to the altar. Different tribes and people have their ways of doing things. Igbo men marry late because they take care of their wedding themselves with little or no financial help from the bride's parents. So for a man to marry in our place, he must be ready.
For instance, a man who wants to marry in Mbaise,Mbaano,Mbaitolu and other towns in Imo state will spend nothing less than half a million naira(#500,000) for the traditional wedding.
So if avoiding this type of rip-off would make me a deadbeat, i would gladly be one.

Tell them oh.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by frozennose: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2009
lol
I think Nigerians should adopt this marriage partern where the brides family pays for virtually everything
This will remind the man to behave himself in the marriage since the girls family paid for his groom prize.

i know each time he remembers this it will make him treat the wife better.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by pek(m): 10:15am On Nov 24, 2009
it pains me to see people people arguing on what is obtainable in igbo and writing rubbish. a lot of guys here have lived most of their adult live in lagos and have either forgotten or dont know about igbo tradition. in yoruba or west, the wedding takes place in the brides church but it is not so in igboland. once the bride price has paid(note price and not dowry) and other traditional rites performed, the girl in question becomes a wife and every other function takes place in the man`s place, wedding inclusive. the wedding takes place in the man`s church.(in igboland)
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Bokoharam: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2009
cantell:

@Amebo no1,
Which part of Igboland? Pls i need to know. If you're talking of "my mama say i be igbo" guys, that one no follow. A real igboman will never go to his wife's church for their wedding.
Na im wife dey marry am? Hia! no talk that one again oo.

GBAM!

OBVIOUSLY AMEBO IS NOT IGBO. MAYB ONE DELTA IGBO PERSON TOLD HIM ABOUT HOW THEY (DELTA PPLE) DO THEIRS. NO PROPER IGBO MAN, BORN BY IGBOMAN, WELL FED WITH IGBO BREAST MILK WILL DO THAT. ANYWAY, WE NOW HAVE THE MY-PAPA-SAY-I-BE-IGBO TYPE OF IGBO PPLE. BY THAT I MEAN THOSE PPLE BORN IN LAGOS & YORUBA STATES.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
Wedding is about union and not about where it is done or not done.
We make too much big deal of nothing.
So where will the ceremony take place, if the man and the woman no dey go church and yet would like a church wedding?
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by foyeks2001(f): 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2009
the bride's church, simple
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
foyeks2001:

the bride's church, simple

what if the bride no get church?
Or better still, what if the wife's family goes to a church that the groom cant go at all?
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by kings(m): 8:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
I'm having this issue with my girlfriend in church person church should the wedding be and she is insisting it must be in a church.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by ibechris(m): 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bokoharam:

A TABOO IN IGBOLAND. SO IF U R A YORUBA GIRL MARRYING AN IGBO MAN, GET READY FOR FAMILY FITE. IN FACT, THE MAN'S FAMILY IN EXTREME CASE WON'T COME 4 D WEDDING.

I am igbo.
I doubt if u know what u are saying.
I married my wife in her church whi ch is how it should be. Na greedy men dey fight to wed the women in their own church.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by lawrencewalton9: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
Whether you're a man who's looking for a wife or a woman who's in search of a better half, you can't deny the importance of obtaining a partner. Finding a wife - The Bible's Words of Encouragement. If you're thinking about getting married, the Bible has some words of encouragement to help you out.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by NikolaValenti: 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
This is a great article for bridesmaid dress ideas! It's so helpful to have a variety of options to choose from that match the wedding theme colors https://www.shemightbeloved.com/6-bridesmaid-dress-ideas-to-match-your-wedding-theme-colors-weve-grouped-the-best-bridesmaid-dresses-to-fit-any-wedding-theme/ . I love the idea of having a cohesive look for the bridal party. Thanks for sharing!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice / Corrections Men Hate From Women! / That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.