Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:37 PM

Giroud Vs Mkhitaryan: Popular Pundits Deliver Verdicts On Which Goal Was Better - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Giroud Vs Mkhitaryan: Popular Pundits Deliver Verdicts On Which Goal Was Better (753 Views)

Pundits: See How Rio Ferdinand And Glenn Hoddle Reacted To Tottenham Win(video) / Paul Pogba 'Should Not Be Close' To PFA Team Of The Year- BBC Pundits / Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giroud Vs Mkhitaryan: Popular Pundits Deliver Verdicts On Which Goal Was Better by Nihza(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2017
In the last week, the Premier League has witnessed two of the best goals in the competition's history.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan's sensational scorpion kick against Sunderland on Boxing Day was followed by a similar effort by Arsenal's Olivier Giroud on New Year's Day, which you can watch in the above below.

But which was better?

JAMIE CARRAGHER

"It's amazing. Watching it, I was in disbelief. Has he really just done that? I am a fan of Giroud, who gets a lot of criticism at times, but I think he's a good striker. Is it one of the best goals Arsenal have scored in the Premier League? I think of Dennis Bergkamp at Newcastle and Bergkamp at Leicester. It's certainly right up there with some of the goals Thierry Henry has scored.

"Before you get to the individuals, I think the Arsenal build-up makes it. Whenever I see a goal go in off the bar it always looks better and I think Giroud's goal is better. Mkhitaryan's was slightly offside, but it counted on the day and you thought when that went in it would be goal of the season. Then a week later Giroud goes and does this..."

GRAEME SOUNESS

"Giroud's is a fantastic goal and a great bit of football. You have to say Alexis Sanchez's cross is not a great cross, it's behind Giroud, but like Mkhitaryan he improvises and it's absolutely spectacular.

"When you get the benefit of the replay there's no-one else up there with him and he's trying to get it goal-bound. He's improvised and he's meant it and it's a spectacular goal."

GARY NEVILLE

"I never thought I'd see something like this again. Giroud's is higher and more difficult, probably, than Mkhitaryan's. That one was incredible, but this is frightening.

"It's instinctive and you have to say it's brilliant. He doesn't normally finish them like that and it's absolutely incredible.

"I have to say it's one of the best goals I've ever seen. You see sometimes goal that you've seen before of a certain type, but when you see two like that in the matter of a week or so it's incredible."

Watch the clips below and let's have your own thoughts in the comments section.

Here's a clip of Giroud's goal....
http://mojidelano.com/2017/01/giroud-vs-mkhitaryan-popular-pundits-deliver-verdicts-on-which-goal-was-better-scorpionkings/

cc: Lalasticlala Seun

Re: Giroud Vs Mkhitaryan: Popular Pundits Deliver Verdicts On Which Goal Was Better by AntiWailer: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2017
Miki was better.
Re: Giroud Vs Mkhitaryan: Popular Pundits Deliver Verdicts On Which Goal Was Better by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 02, 2017
Giroud was better.......
Re: Giroud Vs Mkhitaryan: Popular Pundits Deliver Verdicts On Which Goal Was Better by bakynes(m): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2017
Mkhitaryan's goal is special just as Giroud's goal but just like Gary Neville said Giroud's goal was a more difficult angle to hit on the ball.
Re: Giroud Vs Mkhitaryan: Popular Pundits Deliver Verdicts On Which Goal Was Better by Damjoy(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2017
When supposed pundits don't even understand the meaning of difficult position, how can they see brilliant finish?

Mkhi did it better...

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman / EFL Cup Final - Manchester United Versus Southampton / Footballer Ahmed Musa Arrested For Wife Beating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.