Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

New Year And Religious Leaders Prophecies. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Year And Religious Leaders Prophecies. (330 Views)

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres / COVID-19: Enugu Religious Leaders Urge Residents To Obey NCDC’s Regulations / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Year And Religious Leaders Prophecies. by Lescott7(m): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
It's no news that as we move into new year, religious leaders tend to make prophecies for the newly born year. We have seen some pastors make prophecies on Nigerian politicians and most prominent Nigerians, predicting one or two things especially bad occurrence that might happen to them. This act is most common among Christian clerics, i am yet to see an Islamic cleric making prophecies, this is not to demean the followers of Christ anyway.
I have the following questions to ask nairalanders on prophecies made on every new year by religious leaders.
1) Do you see these predictors as really talking from what the Almighty God revealed to them?
2) God is believed to be of good while Satan is of bad, why religious leaders are always predicting bad?
3) Do you see them as attention seekers, especially from the political class?
4) Are they not ashamed of making prophecies that we still turn out to be false? They call it prophecy anyway, it might turn out to be false just because it is prediction.

(1) (Reply)

All Our Actions Has Reward / Should The Government Regulate The Church? Your Opinion Please.. / Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose: I Am Waiting On God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.