Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,462 members, 7,917,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:03 AM

Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) (4065 Views)

Most Expensive Buildings In The World / 19 Buildings In Banana Island Sealed By Lagos Government Over Planning Permit / Photos: The 10 Tallest Buildings In Nigeria (2018) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
10) 88 on Field – $40 Million

This 25-story skyscraper is located in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. It was built in 1985 and is 147 meters tall. Earlier it was known as Southern Life Building.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
9) Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village – $41 Million
Located in Taba, South Sinai, Egypt, this 12-story building overlooks Jordan, Israel and Saudi Arabia. The Hilton Taba Resort and Nelson Village is located on the shores of Red Sea and has a private beach. Built by Israelis, in the late 1980s the building was reportedly bought by the Israeli government for $41 million and in 1989 it was handed over to the Egyptians for free.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by chizzypresh(f): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
Nyc
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
cool Maison des Députés, Yamoussoukro – $50 Million
Seven-story low-rise building Maison des Deputes is located on Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast. This impressively hulking pink pyramid is surrounded by many acres of gardens and swimming pools.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
7) Hilton Durban – $61 Million
Hilton Durban is located near the international convention center in Durban, South Africa. This expensive building has established itself as a landmark in the city.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2017
6) Michelangelo Towers – $64 Million
This expensive hotel building is located in Sandton, South Africa. This elite hotel has accommodated celebrity guests like Oprah Winfrey, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
5) The Pearls of Umhlanga – $138 Million
Located in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, the Pearls of Umhlanga is a 31-floor Dubai-style luxury residential and retail project. It is located on the beachfront between the 5-star Beverley Hills Hotel and the Cabana Beach resort. The first of three phases to this project was sold out in six weeks, drawing investment of almost $34 million.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
4) Portside Tower – $138 Million
The Portside Tower is the tallest building in Cape Town. This skyscraper is jointly owned by FirstRand Bank and Old Mutual. The construction work began in August 12 2011 and completed in 2014. It is designed to use low energy technology and is the first large building in the country to use almost exclusively LED lighting.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
3) Corinthia Hotel Tripoli – $152 Million
This skyscraper is a 5-star hotel. Located in Tripoli, Libya, the Corinthia Hotel Tripoli (Corinthia Bab Africa Hotel) is located in the center of the city, near the central business district. It was opened in 2003 by the Shukri Ghanem, then prime minister of Libya. The hotel is run by the Maltese Corinthia Hotels International.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
2) AU Conference Center and Office Complex – $200 Million
Located in Addis Ababa, this building is the headquarters of the African Union. Addis Ababa is the capital of Ethiopia. The main building is 99.9 meters tall. The construction costs were funded by the Chinese government. It is the tallest building in Addis Ababa.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
1) Bibliotheca Alexandrina – $220 Million
Bibliotheca Alexandria is a major library and cultural center located in Alexandria, Egypt. It is on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. The library has shelf space for 8 million books. The main reading room covers 70,000 square meters on eleven cascading levels.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by decatalyst(m): 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
Amazing edifice! South Africa is giving me a great impression...would visit soon cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by Khd95(m): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
I was hoping to see one fron naijacrysad

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by Omero(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
Great to know!
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
I thought I would see a building either from Lagos or Abuja but hell no. no building from West Africa
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by harjayi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
Where is naija polithiefians buildings. Yeye dey smell
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by AVECDEO: 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
2kaybiel:
I thought I would see a building either from Lagos or Abuja but hell no. no building from West Africa
The last time I checked Ivory coast was still in western Africa region...just asking o..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by CaroLyner(f): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2017
none from nigeria the supposedly "giant" of africa

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by sylvez(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
Khd95:
I was hoping to see one fron naijacrysad

me too

the thing surprise me o

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
AVECDEO:
The last time I checked Ivory coast was still in western Africa region...just asking o..
oh yeah! thanks for that.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by mayyorr01(m): 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
op Wat about cocoa house in Ibadan anyway....

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by wunderkiind(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
geopreneur:
2) AU Conference Center and Office Complex – $200 Million
Located in Addis Ababa, this building is the headquarters of the African Union. Addis Ababa is the capital of Ethiopia. The main building is 99.9 meters tall. The construction costs were funded by the Chinese government. It is the tallest building in Addis Ababa.

what an irony!! The African Union building funded by China!
What happened to the countries that make up the Union, what were they doing, all of them?? #shame

Even Jesus wept. Who am I not to? cry cry #iWeep

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by wunderkiind(m): 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
So Eko Hotel is not even expensive? grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
wunderkiind:

what an irony!! The African Union building funded by China!
What happened to the countries that make up the Union, what were they doing, all of them?? #shame

Even Jesus wept. Who am I not to? cry cry #iWeep
It's a gift from the chinese govt. to the African union.

China funding that project was just an investment. It's probably a strategy to motivate/compel African leaders to give them more rooms to invest in the continent.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by dauddy97(m): 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
kiss kiss
Op, add that to it

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by geopreneur(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
dauddy97:
kiss kiss Op, add that to it
Do you think that building is worth up to $40M?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by BlackOnassis(m): 11:23pm On Jan 02, 2017
9ja big mouths, una don see una lives tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by jericco1(m): 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
very expensive indeed
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by narrowpathy(m): 12:48am On Jan 03, 2017
My building is not in that list? Billionaire Musician like me? Something is not right!!! This list is not credible at all. Op start from scratch and redo this list
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by Nobody: 4:38am On Jan 03, 2017
The cost of building? Because cost is always exergerated for obvious reasons undecided And they don't look that great undecided
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Buildings In Africa(photos) by whirlwind7(m): 5:33am On Jan 03, 2017
2kaybiel:

You know how it is with naija.

If a building's actual cost is $50m, they will "pad" the costs to be five times the amount. As the paperwork passes each level of approval, the officials concerned will "cut" their own slice. By the time the contractors are mobilized, the amount left for the actual construction would have been siphoned such that only the mobilization fee is paid to the contractor (say, about $5m) The rest of the money has vanished into thin air at this stage. Construction work stops, nobody is made to give account of what happened to the money budgeted for the building.
A new regime comes in, and goes through the motion of probing the incident. After a few months, the "probe" is concluded with nobody getting arrested and made to pay for the crime.....and life goes on.

Truth is, Naija has got some of the most expensive buildings in Africa...on paper only!

Much respect to South Africa though.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap And Affordable Lands For Sale At Ibeju-lekki. N450k, N594K / Lands And Property Development In Ninth Mile Corner / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.