Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,031 members, 7,919,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 05:13 AM

NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs (9660 Views)

FG To Pay Jobless Youths N20,000 Monthly To Sweep Markets, Clear Gutters / N-Power: FG To ‘Disengage’ Over 200,000 Beneficiaries / An Amazing!!! Telecoms Business Opportunity With A Robust Compensation Plan!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by RoyalMail: 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) says it will collaborate with the Federal Government to stop out-sourcing of jobs in the telecom sector, among others.

Mr Ayuba Wabba, the NLC President, said this in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.“In this New Year, we shall work with the relevant arms and agencies of government to checkmate and halt the practices of multinational corporations especially in the Telecommunication, and Oil and Gas Sectors.

He said they contribute to the economic crisis in the country by their new habit of out-scouring of jobs Nigerians can do to new destinations in Asia, especially Dubai and India,’’ he said.

He said there were reports that Ericsson Nigeria, local subsidiary of the Global Telecommunication Solution Provider, had disengaged all Nigerian staff in its Network Operating Centres and transferred its operation to India.

Wabba noted that Ericsson Nigeria had in the last few years managed the MTN Network from among its Nigerian staff.

“Now, in the name of off-shoring, Indian workers are being brought to understudy their Nigerian counterparts, and thereafter these jobs monitoring MTN and other Telecommunication Networks are then transferred to India.

“These have huge implications for our national security, in addition to the fact that jobs that Nigerians are competent in are being moved out of the country.

“As the unfolding cyber controversy between the USA and Russia is unfolding, with the network operating centres moved out of the country we can be easily be shut out from the rest of the world without our being able to do anything about it,’’ Wabba said.

However, the labour leader said the experience over Boko Haram and the SIM registration controversy with MTN clearly illustrated the inherent danger to Nigerian’s national security interest of the move by these multinationals.

He said that HUAWEI, a telecommunication giant, was responsible for managing about 75 per cent of network operating centres such as Etisalat, Airtel, part of GLO and part of MTN network operating centres in Nigeria.

“They have also commenced the knowledge transfer from Nigerian engineers to their Indian counterparts preparatory to also moving their operations to India.

“We will work with the relevant committees of the National Assembly, ministries and agencies to protect our national interest.

“We will be leading national campaigns against these practices in the Telecom and Oil and Gas sectors in this New Year,’’ he assured.

Wabba said that the affected multinationals must be made to understand that they would not be allowed uninhibited access to making millions of dollars off Nigeria as a nation without contributing to creating jobs.

He said that there must be costs to every multinational decision to take the livelihood of Nigerian workers to other shores.

“We need the understanding, support and cooperation of government and its agencies in this fight to keep these jobs in the country,’’ he said.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/nlc-fg-to-partner-on-telecoms-jobs.html

7 Likes

Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by RoyalMail: 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
Anything NLC, I no trust them at all...

Read/more here..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by maxwell767(m): 12:00am On Jan 03, 2017
Waiting for front page

And now is here...

Ftc 2017...

2017 my year of FTC on NL grin

Meanwhile, back to the topic:

NLC is confused.... But lets see how the get back on track on this....

Happy new year to you all..

Lalasticlala, mynd44 and others..
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by AssLeeKar: 9:20am On Jan 03, 2017
Pls who can give fúçk as every seems not to give a fúçk anymore.
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Okundaye4(m): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2017
isoryt
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by rizkidrocks(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2017
;DChai which kian ppl be dis...now now dem don sharply comment nawa o..shey una employ ppl to dey do any stuff ni cus ..eye yam knot undertanding
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 03, 2017
wink
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by free2ryhme: 9:34am On Jan 03, 2017
Collaboration on what?

They should stop being vague and deceptive
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by greatgod2012(f): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2017
Do we still have NLC in this country

Believe them at your own peril!

1 Like

Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Akinz0126(m): 9:35am On Jan 03, 2017
Collaboration Ko collabo ni.

NLC no longer tickle my fancy in Nigeria Na only there own pocket them dey fight for.

1 Like

Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by yomalex(m): 9:35am On Jan 03, 2017
Good
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by jericco1(m): 9:36am On Jan 03, 2017
I've exhausted the few bleeps I had.!.!
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Segadem(m): 9:36am On Jan 03, 2017
maxwell767:
Waiting for front page
...is there
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by free2ryhme: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2017
Where were they when these MNC started the knowledge transfer and succeed in disengaging Nigerians? Were they sleeping

Toothless bulldog

Medicine after death

1 Like

Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by drey076(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2017
ISON BPO
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Chikelue2000(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2017
RoyalMail:
Anything NLC, I no trust them at all...

Read/more here..

for d ist time, I think they make a lot of sense
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Jojo404: 9:39am On Jan 03, 2017
About time
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by greatgod2012(f): 9:39am On Jan 03, 2017
free2ryhme:
Where were they when these MNC started the knowledge transfer and succeed in disengaging Nigerians? Were they sleeping

Toothless bulldog

Medicine after death

You dey mind them

They're indeed toothless dogs, they can only bark but can't bite!
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by abumeinben(m): 9:40am On Jan 03, 2017
This is long overdue!

NLC still needs to partner with EFCC and Immigration to fish out those garlic smelling creatures without work permit and the latter fishing out the Nigerians in the immigration department accepting bribes from these aliens to operate without work permit.

As for the Ericsson, I was a victim.

angry

4 Likes

Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Atiku2019: 9:40am On Jan 03, 2017
Nice Collabo cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Ten12(m): 9:40am On Jan 03, 2017
Which faction is talking
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by repogirl(f): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2017
It's a good idea if they are for real.... But this is most likely another episode of chop I chop as usual. You can't trust these labour people at all, they have shown over time that they are only after their own personal enrichment.
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by LordGuru1: 9:48am On Jan 03, 2017
Good one.
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by maxwell767(m): 9:56am On Jan 03, 2017
Segadem:
...is there

Lolz
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by idupaul: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2017
They have come again to kill the Nigerian telecoms industry just like they killed Nitel
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by joenor(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2017
Nice one by the NLC n FG, I just hope they fight it right.
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by ndcide(m): 10:17am On Jan 03, 2017
Indian juju, destroying the telecoms industry. The banks will fall next.

If they like they should be scientific about it, I don't care . Who no know go know.
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by Femich18(m): 10:20am On Jan 03, 2017
I hope it materialize because the workers are just being treated as slaves especially by all these so-called Indian firms....
This year will surely be better for those that want the good of this country
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by 0b10010011: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2017
With the present crop of leadership we have in NLC today, I doubt if this can be fulfilled. Outsourcing has become a norm in all sectors- banking, oil and gas, and even State governments.

It will be a difficult one, close to impossibility for NLC. Stop outsourcing of jobs with Nigeria first before starting with outsourcing of jobs outside Nigeria.

An average multi national company in Nigeria has more outsourced resource more than full staffs. And this outsourced resource happen to do the bulk and dirty part of the job.
Re: NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs by 0b10010011: 10:27am On Jan 03, 2017
abumeinben:
This is long overdue!

NLC still needs to partner with EFCC and Immigration to fish out those garlic smelling creatures without work permit and the latter fishing out the Nigerians in the immigration department accepting bribes from these aliens to operate without work permit.

As for the Ericsson, I was a victim.

angry

LMN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaiden Energy Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / KPMG Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Your Task Is To Spoil A Job Interview In The First 30 Seconds What Will You Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.