Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,014 members, 7,946,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:23 PM

What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver (2052 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by lanbaba: 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
pls nairalanders, what is the eaisest way to learn dreamweaver? am having some problem with it. thanks
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by yawatide(f): 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
1) buy a book.
2) read online tutorials
3) visit Dreamweaver online communities
4) network with other Dreamweaver users
5) give yourself assignments that will help reinforce what you have learned from #1 - #4 above.

what kind of problems are you experiencing? I am sure you will admit that, "am having some problem with it" is quite vague.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by DualCore1: 6:57am On Nov 21, 2009
7) Ask questions
cool Dont take advantage of DW's (javascript) effects without learning how they work
9) Use Dreamweaver CS4, its the latest and most user-friendly edition.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by onyengbu1(m): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2009
The way i learnt it was going through the manual which is there in the software itself, practising with all the included sample topics without jumping any step.
That is basically how i learn most programs i use.

Just click Help.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by roopsahoo: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
yes it is possible to learn  dream weavwer
you just follows my site www.roou.su.com
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2009
Is it me or does everyone learn dreamweaver and not Html.Cuz dreamweaver alone will frustrate you without knowledge of html.Left to try notepad first then dreamweaver it'll help you learn tags faster.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by DualCore1: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2009
The only reason i still have to breeze into dreamweaver is because of the way it treats linked files, or how can i put it? You know wen u got a bunch of includes in your code, dreamweaver neatly gives u quick access to all the files referenced from the active file. If only notepad++ had that feature undecided

If one learns how to use dreamweaver before understanding html and co, you will be carried away by the spry effects and other "woosh" effects that IDE has to offer. And do I have to say those effects just generate codes that are dirty and hard to maintain (codes you coulda written yourself in a clean way)? Yea they do.

pc guru:

Cuz dreamweaver alone will frustrate you without knowledge of html

Thank God for CSS. Dunno if you've gone through ordeals in dreamweaver trying to position things just where you want them to be. You end up just accepting to like the position the element has stubbornly chosen to stay in. Yea that's what happens when you bank on Dreamweaver alone.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
You telling me i had to read css positioning for weeks after been dealt by dreamweaver.I think dreamweaver uses your resolution automatically for default width and height unless specified also i kinda noticed the workpanel if not maximized fully it can give wrong placement esp with absolute elements.Yes thank God for Css. What's spry i keep seeing it.Never touched it.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by ogzille(m): 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2009
use dreamweaver help, but do have a peek at the html being generated cos it will help a lot.

for pc guru:Spry helps u add already written(by adobe) javascript codes to ur site.
But, i advise u learn ow they were created b4 using them.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by lanbaba: 11:36pm On Nov 21, 2009
dont know anything on dreamweaver, just want to start. but i noticed i cant just place things where i want them to be. and i cant create navigation bars
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by DualCore1: 5:53am On Nov 22, 2009
lanbaba:

dont know anything on dreamweaver, just want to start. but i noticed i cant just place things where i want them to be. and i cant create navigation bars
Brother, now is the time read about the xHTML/CSS collabo smiley

www(d0t)w3schools(dOt)com
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by WebMonk(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2009
pc guru:

You telling me i had to read css positioning for weeks after been dealt by dreamweaver.I think dreamweaver uses your resolution automatically for default width and height unless specified also i kinda noticed the workpanel if not maximized fully it can give wrong placement esp with absolute elements.Yes thank God for Css. What's spry i keep seeing it.Never touched it.
LMAO!!! Your post is the most candid. I almost blew a fuse when I was struggling with CSS in dreamweaver - especially from Fireworks HTML and no knowledge of Cross Browser issues (go figure). Having said that, its best if someone just jumps into css directly in dreamweaver (get a book, trial and error is so life wasting)
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by onyengbu1(m): 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2009
@lanbaba,
you can create navigation bar with dreamweaver but why would anyone want to do that when there are a lot of easier and neater ways of doing it css.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by hostmot(f): 8:59am On Nov 24, 2009
Do not start with Dreamweaver for any reason whatsoever. It will kill your innovation and make you lazy in the long run.

Proof: The people who offer the most sensible webmaster help on Nairaland did not start with Dreamweaver.

Start with the xhtml/css collabo like Dual Core said. smiley

Olawunmi,
Hostmot Sales Rep, (www.hostmot.com)
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by yawatide(f): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2009
he he, hostmot, your post reminds me of when I would go play table tennis with my paco bat on a paco table back in secondary school. Once you managed to do open eye to get a spot, the person you played with will knock the ball a few times with me before yelling, "chickito, abeg make you leave before you spoil my hand" tongue

With respect to what you said, "spoil hand" would be using dreamweaver grin

Although I will always advocate coding from scratch, I just wanted to answer the question as-is, since one never knows his levels. Maybe he already knows how to code from scratch and like me, just took up dreamweaver recently because he had to. I don't like making assumptions.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by fredrick13(m): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2009
you need the ability to implement what you have learn.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by hostmot(f): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
Honestly, I feel even if one should learn dreamweaver, he should get a hang of html first.

To me, using dreamweaver with knowing html is like using a programming IDE without any programming knowledge because the IDE is so fantastic and easy to use.

You really really really could get a hang HTML in 3 days through online tutorials and move to dreamweaver from there. It will make your life easier in the future.
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by lanbaba: 12:46am On Nov 25, 2009
am kinda confused now. what should i lear first, html/css or dreamweaver.or what else?
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by DualCore1: 6:33am On Nov 25, 2009
html and css, bro

don't mind yawa and hostmot, they tried to confuse u right? angry
dont mind them they dont even know html grin
so learn html and css and they'll respect u cheesy
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by yawatide(f): 11:33am On Nov 25, 2009
dual core: heeeeeeeh, now wey my laff don reach london, you no go stop. heeeeeeeeh cool

anyways, lanbaba, learn html then css then javascript, in that order. Once you are comfortable with those, you can step into php, jsp or whatever backend language you want to learn. You can use dreamweaver but do so strictly in code view and while you are at it, turn off (it can be done though I don't remember how) all help (like auto-complete of tags, etc). Once you have it down pat, then you can turn those back on as a complement, not a supplement.

good luck!
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by lanbaba: 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
thanlks peeps, so how can i learn html, css, javascript etc without paying a kobo. it could be in form of an e-book
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by yawatide(f): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2009
you can YIM me for a css ebook (yawatide at yahoo dot com)
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by mavenbox: 12:49am On Nov 26, 2009
LOL a little birdie tells me that all the people mentioning Dreamweaver on this forum didn't purchase it. It's freaking expensive! grin Unless of course you bought the Naija pirates' version shocked

@OP: If you are interested, I stumbled upon a "Dreamweaver Bible" here http://rapidshare.com/files/61277164/Dreamweaver_CS3_Bible.zip

Disclaimer: I don't know how the file got on the Rapidshare server, I just googled up the link. I don't think you should download the ebook, but if you eventually follow this link and download it, ensure you purchase the ebook afterwards so as to support the author at Wiley Publishing tongue
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by DualCore1: 5:35am On Nov 26, 2009
mavenbox:

LOL a little birdie tells me that all the people mentioning Dreamweaver on this forum didn't purchase it. It's freaking expensive! grin Unless of course you bought the Naija pirates' version shocked

@OP: If you are interested, I stumbled upon a "Dreamweaver Bible" here http://rapidshare.com/files/61277164/Dreamweaver_CS3_Bible.zip

Disclaimer: I don't know how the file got on the Rapidshare server, I just googled up the link. I don't think you should download the ebook, but if you eventually follow this link and download it, ensure you purchase the ebook afterwards so as to support the author at Wiley Publishing tongue
Your birdie is a lie lie birdie cuz I bought mine tongue
If you want proof come here and I'll show you.
Come alone, after midnight.
[size=5pt]At your own risk.[/size]
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by mavenbox: 5:42am On Nov 26, 2009
@Dual Core: LOL no be me and you go follow reach anywhia. Prove that you bought the Dreamweaver: paste the serial number here (at least it would have been activated and can never be used by anyone else). Okay, you don't even need to do that. Just tell us how much you purchased it undecided You're a red-eyed liar. LOL
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by DualCore1: 6:26am On Nov 26, 2009
Why I go wan dey lie again naw. I bought it joor!
I'm not telling you how much, neither am I posting serial here.
Carry yaself come here come see am. I mistakenly made the order twice,
so I got one unused license that you can have. You see? You need to come, to get the license.
Plenty clients don come here to repair their computers and I no bite them,
in fact they went home feeling a lot better, so watchu scared of?
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by mavenbox: 6:31am On Nov 26, 2009
@DualCore: Come all the way into Nigeria, into Rivers state, into PH, into TransAmadi cos of a Dreamweaver license that I already have? LWKM u r a joker. Mistakenly made the order twice? this guy, undecided Try another line, im enjoying it. But dont hope cos i aint coming!
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by DualCore1: 6:39am On Nov 26, 2009
mavenbox:

@DualCore: Come all the way into Nigeria, into Rivers state, into PH, into TransAmadi
Haaaba! she knows the very cartel! Noooo wonder, I knew it!! I knew i was being stalked sinceeeee.

mavenbox:

@DualCore: Come all the way into Nigeria, into Rivers state, into PH, into TransAmadi cos of a Dreamweaver license that I already have?
Value added services inclusive. No VAT. wink
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by mavenbox: 6:48am On Nov 26, 2009
@DualCore: hey give me some credit! I clicked thru your profile, saw your website link and gleaned it from your site footer, it took less than 10 seconds! What stalking do u refer to?  undecided
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by DualCore1: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2009
I saw you when you entered my site through the back door (without knocking).

But you know you should take permission from me before entering my profile? angry

All the plenty longthing na just for Dreamweaver o! undecided
Come and collect this thing joor.
Ok ok, u're scared of coming, let me do the coming. Where can I meet you to give you the license and the other erm. . . lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Dreamweaver by yawatide(f): 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2009
hmm, i believe there is a board for dating cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help On How To Display Facebook Share Button On Smf / Basic Adsense Tricks For Beginners / Content Blogpost And Email Writer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.