Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,468 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:29 PM

Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French (7509 Views)

Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / You Need To Read What Obasanjo Wants Nigerians To Do On April 11 / CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by donjon: 12:18am On Nov 28, 2009
God has nothing to do with it'
lets just set our priorities right.
French can come later
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by asunaobi(m): 1:52am On Nov 28, 2009
donjon:

God has nothing to do with it'
lets just set our priorities right.
French can come later

You could be right but I have my doubts!
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:53am On Nov 28, 2009
French my foot.
before now they go talk say German and Italian and Polish
shior.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by becomrich15: 2:08am On Nov 28, 2009
When Okoya-thomas says we should learn french, then we yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa are ready to join the republic of Benin. Okoya thomas is among the 5 richest men in nigeria.  Believe him we are ready to learn french. Can someone put on the internet his house.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by asunaobi(m): 2:58am On Nov 28, 2009
You can join and belong to wherever you would like to. It is not a matter of quantity, it is quality.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Afam4eva(m): 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2009
becomrich,:

When Okoya-thomas says we should learn french, then we yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa are ready to join the republic of Benin. Okoya thomas is among the 5 richest men in nigeria.  Believe him we are ready to learn french. Can someone put on the internet his house.

How foolish cn you get?
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Edruezzi: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2009
Another member of the elite opens his mouth to talk and it’s all irrelevant to everything. That shows you why Nigeria is getting nowhere. French is a declining language.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2009
How many developed countries of the world actually speak french, only France, Some parts of belgium and very little population of Canada.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2009
while all these countries are learning english to be able to communicate with the world and trade, they are hear talking about french.
like i said before, english is already the international language why learn french?
people can do that on their own free will, or let him open up a school/university for such, so that whoever wants to learn can go ahead.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by asunaobi(m): 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

while all these countries are learning english to be able to communicate with the world and trade, they are hear talking about french.
like i said before, english is already the international language why learn french?
people can do that on their own free will, or let him open up a school/university for such, so that whoever wants to learn can go ahead.

Ain't you divine? To be wise is a great gift and it comes from God. A precious gift you have got, because I read all your postings. Nigeria is very sick and she needs people like you. Ride on!
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2009
afam4eva:

How many developed countries of the world actually speak french, only France, Some parts of belgium and very little population of Canada.

That really is beside the point. What is important is whether it is in the self-interest of Nigerians to learn French.

But even at the level of numbers, learning French is a gateway to mastering other languages like the closely related Spanish and Portuguese which are spoken widely and are official languages of countries in The Americas, Western Europe and Africa itself.

Moreover learning French would open up business and employment opportunities for educated Nigerians throughout Africa as well as enhancing national security and economic integration. That is the context within which Okoya-Thomas made his remarks.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2009
One further point is that his comments was not really directed at Nigerians who are comfortable in the West or those Nigerians who are content to remain in Nigeria.

It was directed towards those Nigerians in Nigeria who may be intersted in expanding their horizons and taking advantage of the economic opportunities available in Africa and beyond. You don't need to be a genius to recognize that being fluent in French would be an added advantage for such people.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by MrCrackles(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Bloody spammer, stop clogging the forum with trash! angry angry angry
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by MrCrackles(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2009
ssn:

i m not. Nigeria suffers from the same perceptive mind u v got b/c a lot of things has bn made wrong. i m from enugu state. i dont dupe ppl. i m only advertising what i do. through these, i have registered company for many ppl. as for u, there is no crime in your doubts. but dont close in on ppl like that. there are other ways to test me with wisdom and courtesy. i once had the same mind like u. until i learned the best way from God.
Then post in the damn right section and not splatter phlegm all over the forum!
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by donjon: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
@spammer,
nobody is intrested in the state you come from or your bloody church!
Just do your thing in the right section.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by sulad82i(m): 6:57am On Dec 01, 2009
the idea of speaking other language is big here in america as well. pple who speak another language have an edge over other when applying for job. as we have pros of this idea, the cons are also countless. but really, i would not learn french, chinese might be the next language i need to learn cos it obvious that china is taking over the whole industry and might soon be the world power,
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2009
There are actually no cons whatsoever to being bilingual or even multilingual, moreso in this era of globalisation.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by girllygal(f): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2009
Please does anyone know where one can learn french, russia, spanish and german in lagos?
Will appreciate responses please. Thanks
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by MUZBO(m): 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2009
I'll rather learn Arabic twice over, get a Ph.D in Chinese literature then add Efik to my vocabulary before I consider french. In fact the only thing french I ever do is a french kiss. I mean WTF!
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2009
MUZBO:

I'll rather learn Arabic twice over, get a Ph.D in Chinese literature then add Efik to my vocabulary before I consider french. In fact the only thing french I ever do is a french kiss. I mean WTF!

I am sure that Nigerians who transact business or provide services in Neighbouring countries appreciate the benefits of being fluent in French and for them knowledge of French is not a mere academic or jingoistic issue but something that helps them in their business and professional life.

But I have to say that French is one of the easier languages for an English-speaking person to learn so talking about learning Arabic or Chinese which involve completely different alphabetic systems is neither here nor there.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by hermosa(f): 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2010
i think french is a very important language in this world. i speak it, plus two other languages and i'd definitly want my kids to learn it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Francis Luther Osayanem, A Nigerian Student Charged For Bank Fraud In Malaysia / The Coup Of The Five Majors / Keke, Taxi Operators Hail Ugwuanyi’s Friendly Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.