Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,024 members, 7,966,771 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving (8310 Views)

Toyota Camry Big Daddy 800,000 Naira Call 08109569064 for Test Driving / Used Peugeot 607 700,000 Naira Call 08109569064 for Test Driving and Inspecti / Toyota Camry Drop Light 800,000 Naira Call 08109569064 for Test Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Rothstein: 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
pls take it easy, dont be too hard on ur self. think about the whole scene again.the solution is near and ull find it if u r patient and calm. ur enemies are within shocked
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by manny4life(m): 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
Hope u have insurance on it? Sorry man abt it but wait how did it happen? Were u not in the car during the test drive or what? Please explain I'm a bit confused.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by platinumnk(f): 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
the theif is probaly reading Nairaland , so please dont even give out too much infor, good luck in finding him, sorry about that sad
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Xam9: 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2009
May God help you in search of your car.as for the old fool,he will never go free.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by german007(m): 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
@mannyforlife

Did you by any chance read through the thread in detail before you asked your question.?
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by ayinba1(f): 11:20pm On Nov 23, 2009
gestapo:

When they point the gun they ask for the camera !!! cheesy cheesy

What do you suggest? Sit down and do nothing and wait for this to happen to the next dealer? There has to be a way of safeguarding your belongings when the police will not do it for you. The dealers should not work alone. Let the caller know that you will take his picture for security reasons, do not work alone, have your partner take the pix while you hand him the keys. Get a digital camera with zoom. The investment is worth it (<$200)

Please bring a better idea. The thief should be afraid of the houseowner, the reverse is the case in Nigeria. Crazy country. But doing nothing is not an option.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by DisGuy: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
Epi:

Dis-guy wrote: "wow!! hope you weren't in the car"

grin grin grin grin Nigerians are comedians at large DWL grin grin grin

erm hows that funny? In case you didn't understand my statement

I meant hope he wasn't injured or had a gun pointed at him>would have been a very traumatic experience
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by TheSeeker(m): 12:25am On Nov 24, 2009
Why was I believing an NL member who told me there are armed robbers and hired killers on Nairaland? No one could ever be that right.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by sonety2k(m): 12:49am On Nov 24, 2009
Friendl sorry to hear this, i pray that the car will be recovered soon (amen), hope you have aleart the interpol @ Alagbon Also
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:10am On Nov 24, 2009
@ poster im really sorry to hear that. sad
hopefully by posting the state and area of which it was stolen you may have some luck.
but especially in naija, im pretty sure that car is long gone by now.
sorry ooo
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by sjeezy8: 6:12am On Nov 24, 2009
lol grin o boy yo shit is gone!!

you betta make plans of buying a new car
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by smooooooth: 7:19am On Nov 24, 2009
i think i;m gonna mind what i say from now on, to think there are armed robbers in here, what else wldnt be? infact i dont think i wanna meet any nairalander anymore lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by tlife(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2009
Sorry Friendl, its a pity our society is like that. Some work assiduously to earn a living, others desire the gains without the pains! Believe your labour won't be in vain, I pray you find the car.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Damoche10: 9:34am On Nov 24, 2009
Some were born thieves!
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Nezan(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2009
This is so sad.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Elgaxton(m): 10:22am On Nov 24, 2009
Hi,

Sorry about the robbery but I think you 've got to do better than posting just pictures of the car.

I mean, we need details like engine number, chassis number since the car is not yet registered with a number plate.

It's with these details that the police can track down your car if they are willing to do so( trust me they can if they want to).

So provide such details since there are many Toyota Camries with this same colours.

All the best man
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by german007(m): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol grin o boy yo shit is gone!!

you betta make plans of buying a new car

Guy are you trying to be funny?.I hope not , Cos you'v just passed a dumb ,stupid, incongruitive statement.
What sane human being would make fun of such mischap?.      This is the autosection and not a joke or comedy section.

Poster deserves an apology for your absurd joke.

Regards
K
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by samtoye(m): 10:52am On Nov 24, 2009
well, few weeks ago, i posted that my friends honda bulldog was stolen at gun point by guys on okada who trailed him to his street, i got some ridiculous comments here. does it take similar incidence to happen to you before you sympathise or realise we are in trouble in this country?
Chief, eh ya sorry o! i hope nemesis would catch up with the theives; as for the nigerian police, forget that side!!!!! angry angry angry angry

I think Seun should create on nairaland a section for stolen cars where people can put details of the stolen cars and nairalanders can be on the look out for such cars and also where security experts can give advice on cases.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by german007(m): 11:04am On Nov 24, 2009
samtoye:

well, few weeks ago, i posted that my friends honda bulldog was stolen at gun point by guys on okada who trailed him to his street, i got some ridiculous comments here. does it take similar incidence to happen to you before you sympathise or realise we are in trouble in this country?
Chief, eh ya sorry o! i hope nemesis would catch up with the theives; as for the nigerian police, forget that side!!!!! angry angry angry angry

I think Seun should create on nairaland a section for stolen cars where people can put details of the stolen couyrars and nairalanders can be on the look out for such cars and also where security experts can give advice on cases.

Im sorry to hear about your friends car. Its terrible people can pass such ridiculous comments at such things. Perhaps it one of the problems with this country. As you say, Nigerian police might not be of much help and I wouldnt imagine the criminal will advertise the same car here.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by echobee(f): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2009
@friendl
i am scared to give u my number, but i think maybe i have a useful information. on sunday where i went to get food stuffs, i saw something similar like that. a guy said a dealer gave him to sell,he was talking to his friend.i dont know them. but i know the area very well. the guy he was telling i know him. since u have involved the police i dont want to be involved.it might be the car and it may not.so i dont know how to get u,but b4 this week runs out,i will give u feedback on the present location of the car.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by sjeezy8: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2009
german007:

Guy are you trying to be funny?.I hope not , Cos you'v just passed a dumb ,stupid, incongruitive statement.
What sane human being would make fun of such mischap?.      This is the autosection and not a joke or comedy section.

Poster deserves an apology for your absurd joke.

No one is tryin to be funny this IS funny, next time do me a favor and mind your DAMN business. I can careless if it was a car or a house picked up and taken away. The situation is funny and odd considering the poster didnt state any DETAILS of where, when and how.

ode boy

regards
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by ayinba1(f): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2009
@echo bee

It really is simple,

You can easily tip the police anonymously or tip nairaland anonymously. I believe that friendl will not risk his life and safety by going there alone. It is sad really especially knowing that the perpertrator could be any faceless NLder. A shame indeed! And yes, he could be reading it too but Mr Car thief, know though that there is no rest for you,

And then, everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.

Please return this average Nigerian's car. It is a 98 for Pete's sake. someone is trying to make ends meet here. We all know the country is tough but that is no excuse for crime.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by german007(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2009
ayinba1:

@echo bee

It really is simple,

You can easily tip the police anonymously or tip nairaland anonymously. I believe that friendl will not risk his life and safety by going there alone. It is sad really especially knowing that the perpertrator could be any faceless NLder. A shame indeed! And yes, he could be reading it too but Mr Car thief, know though that there is no rest for you,

And then, everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.

Please return this average Nigerian's car. It is a 98 for Pete's sake. someone is trying to make ends meet here. We all know the country is tough but that is no excuse for crime.

Well said indeed.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by tlife(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo- bee:

@friendl
i am scared to give u my number, but i think maybe i have a useful information. on sunday where i went to get food stuffs, i saw something similar like that. a guy said a dealer gave him to sell,he was talking to his friend.i dont know them. but i know the area very well. the guy he was telling i know him. since u have involved the police i dont want to be involved.it might be the car and it may not.so i dont know how to get u,but b4 this week runs out,i will give u feedback on the present location of the car.

Echo bee, i believe info divulged at this stage could be sensitive. I'ld suggest you give friendl a call on a "hidden no" and kindly telling him what you know. Time would count in doing this as the thief could also be following this thread.
Friendl, you could post your phone no on the thread, i don't think it will be too much doing that. Best of luck.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by german007(m): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2009
tlife:

Echo bee, i believe info divulged at this stage could be sensitive. I'ld suggest you give friendl a call on a "hidden no" and kindly telling him what you know. Time would count in doing this as the thief could also be following this thread.
Friendl, you could post your phone no on the thread, i don't think it will be too much doing that. Best of luck.

Phew abundant sigh of relief, Great to see some amazing suggestions and genuinely concerned people. As advised ,I think you should post your number friendl. Many Thanks
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by LuniyiGlo(m): 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2009
@friendl
If you have an extra handset, buy another sim and post the number for that sim. This way echo bee can call you on that number so that you don't have to give out your permanent number (for safety reasons).

@echo bee
You can do the same thing (if you have an extra handset).

Feel very bad for honest people trying to make a living, it's a shame we Nigerians seem to corrupt all type of emerging modes of commerce, soon we may have to do away with money and go back to the barter system. It's not all Nigerians, but the FEW give us ALL a bad name.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by MrCartha: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
Rock of ages cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in thee!!!
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by echobee(f): 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
i understand everything u guys have said. but i am really afraid of Nigerian police. but Ur suggestion are good
he can give me any number to get him.anyone don't mind.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by echobee(f): 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Mr cartha,
is that what u should say. u guys just find urselves in a thread and u response stupidly
am sure u dont have a bicycle,let alone car, if is that ur car was stolen u will know how it is
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by manny4life(m): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2009
german007:

@mannyforlife

Did you by any chance read through the thread in detail before you asked your question.?

Why do I have to do that? Besides reading the first page and somewhat of the last page is enough information and I did not seem to get any related information to the question I asked. Moreover, people posting their opinion has nothing to do with an original article I mean is that a problem? Finally, please don't make this scenario about me.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Okwyjesus(m): 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
Mr. Cartha:

Rock of ages cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in thee!!!

, and me too
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by centrica: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2009
sorry bro, i pray you will recorver your stolen car, try and report to the concern authority, perharps is still within lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Honda ELEMEN 05 Used Sale@950k / Snooker Pool Table & Table Tennis 2014 / Sold Lexus and Toyota 2GRFE Engine (complete) And Transmission For Sale Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.