Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,195 members, 7,910,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:19 PM

Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? (2636 Views)

Have You Ever Wonder Why You Dont See Albinos Obituary Poster? / I Wonder How Those Street Beggars/ Cripples Dey Take Get Belle Oh For This 9ja / When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2009
I dont know if you guys have heard Naeto C's new song ut he just released a new song yesterday called DURO, I think the song is really goood,LISTEN AND LEST DISCUSS IT and I dnt understand his love for yoruba words oh, from KINI BIG DEAL TO AKO MI TI POJU TO DURO, oga, the boy can like to change his tribe to yoruba abi ki le feel listen to his new song on http://gidinoize./ sha

Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2009
He reps Gidi, what do you expect? Anyway, one Naija, no shaking. The song is pure FIYAAH!
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Genuflect(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2009
I've heard the song way before yesterday. The song is tight. YQ keeps spawning hot hooks everywhere like Octomom does babies
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Abagworo(m): 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
bumstar1:

I dont know if you guys have heard Naeto C's new song ut he just released a new song yesterday called DURO, I think the song is really goood,LISTEN AND LEST DISCUSS IT and I dnt understand his love for yoruba words oh, from KINI BIG DEAL TO AKO MI TI POJU TO DURO, oga, the boy can like to change his tribe to yoruba abi ki le feel listen to his new song on http://gidinoize./ sha

sorry kini and duro might not be yoruba.you seem not to know that igbos share some words with yoruba.some igbos say 'kini' or 'gini' which means 'what'.'duro' means 'to wait' or 'to sit' in igbo. eg duro ali or duro ani means get seated.

@poster.singing in other tongues is healthy for nigeria so dont criticise it.however being ignorant of word sharing among igbos and yorubas is wrong.
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Dotman01(m): 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2009
Mr. Abagworo dnt start anoda thin ere, d poster didnt criticize naeto u're d 1 doin dat. And u 4got to tel wat ako mi ti poju means in igbo.
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Dotman01(m): 10:49pm On Nov 21, 2009
Mr. Abagworo dnt start anoda thin ere, d poster didnt criticize naeto u're d 1 doin dat. And u 4got to tel wat ako mi ti poju means in igbo. Boy dnt be sarcastic we all kno d truth naeto did it in yoruba period.
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Abagworo(m): 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2009
bumstar1:

Dotman01:

Mr. Abagworo dnt start anoda thin ere, d poster didnt criticize naeto u're d 1 doin dat. And u 4got to tel wat ako mi ti poju means in igbo. Boy dnt be sarcastic we all kno d truth naeto did it in yoruba period.

Abagworo:

sorry kini and duro might not be yoruba.you seem not to know that igbos share some words with yoruba.some igbos say 'kini' or 'gini' which means 'what'.'duro' means 'to wait' or 'to sit' in igbo. eg duro ali or duro ani means get seated.

@poster.singing in other tongues is healthy for nigeria so dont criticise it.however being ignorant of word sharing among igbos and yorubas is wrong.

@dotman01.you just like the poster seem to be non-versatile.you were probably born and bred in your village.how could you stay there and dictate on shared words.i never said anything about ''ako mi ti poju'' because it is obviously a yoruba phrase but ''kini'' and ''duro'' are shared words that need more words to determine the language.conduct a research on those words and apologise because that is my dialect.kini,nini and gini are variants of one word in three different dialects.
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Dotman01(m): 11:48pm On Nov 21, 2009
Dude u aint serious, i should apologize for callin me bushman?
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 3:53am On Nov 22, 2009
Abagworo:

I agree with you that it is cool to sing in other languages but come on dawg, 'Kini' is Yoruba and 'Gini' is Igbo, the song in titled 'Kini Big Deal' Does that make it clearer for you? As for Duro, I did not know that is a word that is shared but in any case, Naeto does also rep his Igbo culture well, I have his last album. I think dude might just be a Gidi boy because he reps the city hard!
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by igboboy1(m): 5:33am On Nov 22, 2009
While Abagwro makes sense in saying there are variants in igbo depending on your geograpical origin, delta igbo, ikwerre, owerri etc at times sound different,

But Abagwaro shut up there we all know kini big deal, duro and ako mi ti poju all is yoruba so dont be in self denial. Dotman is correct.

By the way who cares if he titles his song in yoruba,, if its tight its tight period, abi yoruba no be nigerians again?
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Genuflect(m): 9:20am On Nov 22, 2009
igbo boy has said it all. We are all Nigerians for God's sake. I'm Yoruba but Lord knows I enjoy Nigga Raw wella even with all the Igbo words and everything. Tribalism is one of the biggest problems in Nigeria, don't let it cross into Music abeg
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Abagworo(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2009
igbo boy:

While Abagwro makes sense in saying there are variants in igbo depending on your geograpical origin, delta igbo, ikwerre, owerri etc at times sound different,

But Abagwaro shut up there we all know kini big deal, duro and ako mi ti poju all is yoruba so dont be in self denial. Dotman is correct.

By the way who cares if he titles his song in yoruba,, if its tight its tight period, abi yoruba no be nigerians again?

i dont know where you are from but you cant insult me for expressing myself.by the way from your comment you seem not to know anything about imo state,abia state or rivers state.
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2009
lmao @ Abagworo theres no need to argue, we all know naeto c loves Yoruba, all his hit songs have yoruba titles, sorry to burst ur bubble but Igbo is not as good a language as yourba tongue
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by igboboy1(m): 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2009
Abagworo:

i dont know where you are from but you cant insult me for expressing myself.by the way from your comment you seem not to know anything about imo state,abia state or rivers state.

the insult was uncalled for, SORRY but still my point remains, dont let things such as what language a song is sang in be an issue, Afterall we are not forced to buy it (even tho we are forced to hear it all the time if we live in lagos)

bumstar1:

lmao @ Abagworo theres no need to argue, we all know naeto c loves Yoruba, all his hit songs have yoruba titles, sorry to burst your bubble but Igbo is not as good a language as yourba tongue

You got jokes, Ok yoruba is the best language in the world, does that make you a millionaire, or does that make you smarter? grow up son, regardless everybody is going to like their culture and thats cool BUT DONT BECOME an ETHNOCENTRIC chauvinist.
Re: Naeto C Releases New Hit Song,duro Featuring Y.q,i Wonder Why He Loves Yoruba? by Genuflect(m): 4:47am On Nov 23, 2009
@bumstar Dude, how old are you? Grow up for God's sake

(1) (Reply)

Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone / 2O15 New Mtn 5mb For 5naira Opt-in & Out Option Code / Gamine & Gabrywyl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.