Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,426 members, 7,884,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Is There A God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A God ? (789 Views)

Does John 1.1 Mean ‘the Word Was A God’? / Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / Murder Is Not Wrong As Long As There Is A God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A God ? by enasgreat: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2017
Often time, i asked this question if truly there is a god. Considering the nemesis i face in most times i wonder if He sees and chooses to remain adamant to my needs.

I once started as a preacher when i was about writing my waec gce.. I preached to many to avoid malpractises and focus on God. I too avoided it, hoping that the god i believed on would smeak asunder. I failed woefully, thesame way the other preacher failed, infact all who believed what i told them and avoided malpractices all failed woefully.

And them this brought me to the question. Where is the god i claimed to have known ?

If truly there is a god, i bet he places a deaf hear to my needs. Someone around me once said something... " Those that live a non religious life succeed more than the religious " how true is that .

Eistein said something of the cruelty of nature.. If truly there is a god that rewards those that follow his path and punishes the wicked by throwing them in a fire... Isn't it cruelty ?

In a world as ours, we consider such deeds as unworthy... Currently now; I am facing a financial challenge that besort my thought with violence.. Suicide thought creep within my mind.. I believed in a god but he didn't justify himself... Don't tell me there is a god that does things at his own time.. Don't even try to defend him.

Av been through the hell i didn't deserve. If truly there is a god, i bet am a still a religious guy but avoiding the ignorance and taking away the force hope of eternity in a place where my worry would seize is something of a goon to me.

Now am stuck... Tomorrow i die, i only need to fix some stuff before leaving. Besyds, am epileptic, a chronic mavrov that has less than two years to live.. Such an irony. Curse be the day i saw the light of this world.
Re: Is There A God ? by Pastafarian: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2017
What is "Chronic Mavrov"?
Re: Is There A God ? by ajanma2(m): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2017
my brother... first n foremost,I want u to know that no matter the situation u find yourslf in,you are nt the worst...there r ppl u r far better than...I believe there's a reason for everything, I believe God does things at his own time..he's our creator, he knows the best for us..everyone has his/her own problems bt that's not an avenue to relent in my worship to God or relent in ma evangelism..bro,keep your faith strong,I believe God is preparing you for the best.. .there's always light at the end of the tunnel...remain blessed.....
Re: Is There A God ? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2017
“ Like the most of you, I was
raised among people who
knew - who were certain.
They did not reason or
investigate. They had no
doubts. They knew that they
had the truth. In their creed
there was no guess — no
perhaps. They had a
revelation from God. They
knew the beginning of
things. They knew that God
commenced to create one
Monday morning, four
thousand and four years
before Christ. They knew that
in the eternity — back of that
morning, he had done
nothing. They knew that it
took him six days to make
the earth — all plants, all
animals, all life, and all the
globes that wheel in space.
They knew exactly what he
did each day and when he
rested. They knew the origin,
the cause of evil, of all crime,
of all disease and death.
At the same time they knew
that God created man in his
own image and was perfectly
satisfied with his work... They
knew all about the Flood --
knew that God, with the
exception of eight, drowned
all his children -- the old and
young -- the bowed patriarch
and the dimpled babe -- the
young man and the merry
maiden -- the loving mother
and the laughing child --
because his mercy endureth
forever. They knew too, that
he drowned the beasts and
birds -- everything that
walked or crawled or flew --
because his loving kindness
is over all his works. They
knew that God, for the
purpose of civilizing his
children, had devoured some
with earthquakes, destroyed
some with storms of fire,
killed some with his
lightnings, millions with
famine, with pestilence, and
sacrificed countless
thousands upon the fields of
war. They knew that it was
necessary to believe these
things and to love God. They
knew that there could be no
salvation except by faith, and
through the atoning blood of
Jesus Christ.
Then I asked myself the
question: Is there a
supernatural power -- an
arbitrary mind -- an
enthroned God -- a supreme
will that sways the tides and
currents of the world -- to
which all causes bow?
I do not deny. I do not know -
but I do not believe. I believe
that the natural is supreme -
that from the infinite chain
no link can be lost or broken
— that there is no
supernatural power that can
answer prayer - no power
that worship can persuade or
change — no power that
cares for man.
Is there a God?
I do not know.
Is man immortal?
I do not know.
One thing I do know, and
that is, that neither hope, nor
fear, belief, nor denial, can
change the fact. It is as it is,
and it will be as it must be.
We can be as honest as we
are ignorant. If we are, when
asked what is beyond the
horizon of the known, we
must say that we do not
know. We can tell the truth,
and we can enjoy the blessed
freedom that the brave have
won. We can destroy the
monsters of superstition, the
hissing snakes of ignorance
and fear. We can drive from
our minds the frightful things
that tear and wound with
beak and fang. We can
civilize our fellow-men. We
can fill our lives with
generous deeds, with loving
words, with art and song, and
all the ecstasies of love. We
can flood our years with
sunshine — with the divine
climate of kindness, and we
can drain to the last drop the
golden cup of joy.
Robert G. Ingersoll , The Works of
Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol 1: Lectures
Re: Is There A God ? by queenitee(f): 10:37am On Jan 04, 2017
There is a God..Your case isn't the worst..
You only need to stand firm,and don't doubt God cos anyone that doubts God cannot receive anything from him.It's obvious from your post that you are doubting God.
Your case isn't bad compared to that of Job in d Bible, but he didn't doubt God.He didn't use his mouth to speak blasphemy against God and look at what happened to him.
Bruh,yours isn't the worst case in life self,everyone has their cross to bear..
Even Jesus said you will see temptation in this world,but he said he has already conquered the world.Yours is to believe him
God will never tempt you with what you can't conquer..Its to enable you move to another level spiritually..look at it like this,if you are in a class or level,can you move to another class or leve without exams?Temptation and all this is like an exam for you to move to the next level spiritually
Read your Bible,you will find comfort in it,esp the book of Job and Psalm
And believe that you are healed and praise God for the healing.. Move closer to God
Forgive my Typos
Re: Is There A God ? by randomperson: 10:51am On Jan 04, 2017
Op... U just need to ask your self this... Where can u feel god? If there was a god, people who believe in him would lead better lives than those who don't... But look around you, Christians fall sick like others, get broke like others, lose loved ones like others... Work on yourself and don't wait for an imaginary god to fix anything for you.... The people who waited centuries ago never got any answer
Re: Is There A God ? by Swissheart(f): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2017
My dear..... Hope doesn't change situation, Faith does. I have not seen God as nonperforming even though I am going through a lot. If He wishes to settle me very soon or later in life ,it doesn't mean He loves me less than anyone else. I am not following Christ because of what I tend to grab but because I am thoroughly persuaded of His word and I have been convinced that even in death He cares for me. He already told me in His world that I shouldn't be envious of bad people who are prospering ,so why should i?
My dear ,you really need to get out of this bad state and get your thinking about God,Life,Success straight. God is not a failure, and He won't. The word of God answers all your questions if only you haven't tailored your mind to see God as wicked . Short or Long Life, Sickness or Health, Husband or Not, Kids or not I have decided to follow Jesus. I really do love and care about you, My Heavenly Father does too.
Re: Is There A God ? by ScienceWatch: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
enasgreat:
Often time, i asked this question if truly there is a god. Considering the nemesis i face in most times i wonder if He sees and chooses to remain adamant to my needs.

I once started as a preacher when i was about writing my waec gce.. I preached to many to avoid malpractises and focus on God. I too avoided it, hoping that the god i believed on would smeak asunder. I failed woefully, thesame way the other preacher failed, infact all who believed what i told them and avoided malpractices all failed woefully.

And them this brought me to the question. Where is the god i claimed to have known ?

If truly there is a god, i bet he places a deaf hear to my needs. Someone around me once said something... " Those that live a non religious life succeed more than the religious " how true is that .

Eistein said something of the cruelty of nature.. If truly there is a god that rewards those that follow his path and punishes the wicked by throwing them in a fire... Isn't it cruelty ?

In a world as ours, we consider such deeds as unworthy... Currently now; I am facing a financial challenge that besort my thought with violence.. Suicide thought creep within my mind.. I believed in a god but he didn't justify himself... Don't tell me there is a god that does things at his own time.. Don't even try to defend him.

Av been through the hell i didn't deserve. If truly there is a god, i bet am a still a religious guy but avoiding the ignorance and taking away the force hope of eternity in a place where my worry would seize is something of a goon to me.

Now am stuck... Tomorrow i die, i only need to fix some stuff before leaving. Besyds, am epileptic, a chronic mavrov that has less than two years to live.. Such an irony. Curse be the day i saw the light of this world.
Your experience serves as a warning to all wannabe pastors/preachers/ministers. You are now cursing God, but you took a position you and thousands like you are not qualified for.

ENASGREAT, there is a quick way to became a FAKE preacher and there is the right way to become a genuine preacher.

FAKE preachers experience all of the problems you proudly describe. As a FAKE pastor/preacher you bring suffering disguised as a blessing to the innocent congregation, what did you expect as your reward ? The only way forward for you now is to follow the business plan of other FAKE preachers and collect as much money from the innocent congregations and hid your suffering with fancy cars, expensive suits, luxury houses, travel 1st class to other countries where you are not known and grab the money to buy a luxury airplaine etc.

No one should be allowed to enter into the highest office of priest/pastor/minister etc unless they have received the "holy spirit".
If you had received the "Holy Spirit" you would have done the WORK of a genuine Pastor/preacher which is miracle healing, deliverance etc etc. You would have been protected from what is clearly dark spirit attacks.

You say. "in fact all who believed what i told them and avoided malpractices all failed woefully." This statement shows that you were an agent of the dark forces. You are in fact labeled "highly successful" on the dark demonic side because of all the suffering you brought into many peoples lives.
Re: Is There A God ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
There are so many Gods...i can name 50 For you if you want..The bible never said there was only one...the jews choose one out of the lots to worship..There are Goddessess as well, each with their domain assigned to them by the creator of all..e.g Olokun's domsin is the river..if you want her assistance then go and meet her preist..and provide whatever the preist needs for sacrifce to ginger her to act on your behalf...sure she will..it is the creator that gave her the power to help us...BUT always ask for good things for ur and those around you..

1 Like

Re: Is There A God ? by advocate666: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
There are as many gods as you can invent.
Re: Is There A God ? by Funnyguy83: 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
again ?
Re: Is There A God ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Op define God
Re: Is There A God ? by mohamedali(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztimhdKKhc

IN THE NAME OF GOD .
Chapter 36 ( ya- seen)

{37. Another sign for them is the night: We strip the day out of it—and they are in darkness.
38. And the sun runs towards its destination. Such is the design of the Almighty, the All-Knowing.
39. And the moon: We have disposed it in phases, until it returns like the old twig.
40. The sun is not to overtake the moon, nor is the night to outpace the day. Each floats in an orbit.
41. Another sign for them is that We carried their offspring in the laden Ark.
42. And We created for them the like of it, in which they ride.
43. If We will, We can drown them—with no screaming to be heard from them, nor will they be saved.
44. Except by a mercy from Us, and enjoyment for a while.
45. Yet when it is said to them, “Beware of what lies before you, and what lies behind you, that you may receive mercy.”
46. Yet never came to them a sign of their Lord’s signs, but they turned away from it.
47. And when it is said to them, “Spend of what God has provided for you,” those who disbelieve say to those who believe, “Shall we feed someone whom God could feed, if He so willed? You must be deeply misguided.”
48. And they say, “When will this promise be, if you are truthful?”
49. All they can expect is a single blast, which will seize them while they feud.
50. They will not be able to make a will, nor will they return to their families.}
Re: Is There A God ? by otemanuduno: 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
enasgreat:

Everyday before you sleep, try to imagine deep deep deep into your sleep that you are encountering some helpful beings who are working on your epilepsy to cure it. One day you will be off into another realm where you will encounter help. Check out how you can get into the Altered State of Consciousness from google. That's what you need to get solution.
Re: Is There A God ? by Auki: 10:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
Do want ur prayer to be answered

1. Call your Creator not His creations. Just call on God alone. Calling other than God like Jesus, Noah, Moses and Muhammad(Peace be on them) is a fruitless efforts. Call your Creator alone, your lord is aware and responsive.

You are essentially displeasing God by calling His creatures instead of Him.

2. Do what He want you to do to get what you want.

Be a righteous and avoids all that is evils.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A God ? by delishpot: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
enasgreat:

I think the universe is a being in it's own right aka GOD.I believe God works on principles of faith. No doubt, no fear walk through the fire faith.
I believe our unwavering faith/belief in what we choose life to be can change things. It works for me if I don't waver or doubt in face of storm. I am looking to study the power of unwavering belief/faith extended to others. For now, I would pick someone and with the persons consent, will see if and how long it takes to reach expectation. Make I call my sister use her start. Charity begins at home they say cool cool
Re: Is There A God ? by ScienceWatch: 9:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
Auki:
Do want ur prayer to be answered

1. Call your Creator not His creations. Just call on God alone. Calling other than God like Jesus, Noah, Moses and Muhammad(Peace be on them) is a fruitless efforts. Call your Creator alone, your lord is aware and responsive.

You are essentially displeasing God by calling His creatures instead of Him.

2. Do what He want you to do to get what you want.

Be a righteous and avoids all that is evils.
The bad advice AUKI gives is the reason atheists experience prolonged suffering and the believers that call on Jesus Christ receive mind-blowing healings and blessings.

Study Emmanuel TV or youtube.com for three weeks and you will know the truth about Jesus. Conquer your pride !

You will realize that there is no other name that has the same power to help suffering people. All Holy Prophets are from God But the evidence proves that Jesus came to bring a superior final solution for the most effective personal benefit.
Re: Is There A God ? by Auki: 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
ScienceWatch:
The bad advice AUKI gives is the reason atheists experience prolonged suffering and the believers that call on Jesus Christ receive mind-blowing healings and blessings.

Study Emmanuel TV or youtube.com for three weeks and you will know the truth about Jesus. Conquer your pride !

You will realize that there is no other name that has the same power to help suffering people. All Holy Prophets are from God But the evidence proves that Jesus came to bring a superior final solution for the most effective personal benefit.

He who produces Apple Phone is well placed to repair it in case of damage.

He who created Mankind is well placed to answer the prayers of His creatures.

Then answer me if u are truthful.

Did Jesus created u instead of God?
Who did Jesus pray to as alluded to the Bible?

Praying to Jesus or any of God creatures instead of God is the worst of error.
Re: Is There A God ? by ScienceWatch: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
Auki:

He who produces Apple Phone is well placed to repair it in case of damage.

He who created Mankind is well placed to answer the prayers of His creatures.

Then answer me if u are truthful.

Did Jesus created u instead of God?
Who did Jesus pray to as alluded to the Bible?

Praying to Jesus or any of God creatures instead of God is the worst of error.
I respect your logical comments, Auki.

But you are aware of the serious limitations of logic and the confusion that results when we want to dig deeper into spiritual matters using logic.

Thats why God gave all his true Prophets miracles etc to produce lots of evidence that they were sent by God, but the miracles each prophet did was not to impress, but was verifiable evidence of God's power and to demonstrate that prophets mission.

For simplicity sake, AUKI, Do a simple test. Find three people that are very ill,deaf, cancer etc then let them get medical proof of their sickness. Now send them to get healed, Sent one to a Mosque, send one to a hospital and send one to the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria.

Come back when you done and explain if it is still the worst error to pray to Jesus for healing. Below are some points on why all Pastors/Rabbis/Imams etc are not recognized in heaven.

Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.
Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

A pastor, minister/ evangelist/ Imam/ Rabbi will be know by their WORKS so that fake can be separated from the real. The wheat is separated from the chaff.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. John 14:12

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?

They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same. Jesus says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”

Now the world finally have a free education channel 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Emmanuel TV demonstrating true scientifically verifiable evidence and deeper meaning of John 14:12

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/01/17 / 7 Reasons Nigerian Pastors Visit Witch Doctors For Charms / 2017 Prophecy Reminder: Buhari Will Be Humbled And Then....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.