Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,875 members, 7,889,916 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:41 AM

Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have (577 Views)

7 Biggest Blogging Mistakes Beginner Bloggers Must Avoid / Ngerian Kid Scamming Individuals On Social Media(photos) / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have by Blogtrovert(f): 10:36am On Jan 04, 2017
Everyday is a good day to learn new hacks and learning more about blogging is something I wish to keep doing. I hope you'd want to learn also...

I once had some of these blogging misconceptions and I may not be wrong to say I'm not alone on this one...

1. You Have to Post Every Day

This actually isn't true. You don't grab a user’s attention just by merely throwing contents at them, you should know that quality is way better than quantit. So, just a few posts a week that are unique, solid, interesting and informative is enough to grab the readers you wish to grab and much better than so much posts that are short, uninteresting, pointless, scrappy and useless.

2. Good Content Gets Found

I always thought this way until I realized it was a farce... Most times bloggers get wrongly informed tha when you make your posts extremely good and satisfying, visitors will come, But truth is, creating a great blog post doesn't mean it’s going to get thousands of clicks, shares and tweets... you obviously have to work for it and make it stand out from the crowd. And brilliant posts don't just get to the top of a search, it takes more time.

3. You can just start a free blog and start making money.

Someone asked me to create a download site for him because he felt once his visitors download the videos uploaded, he makes some cash... Well! Obviously some crazy idea he had about owning a site... If you’re thinking about delving into blogging so you could start raking in the money, you might want to reconsider your decision because it doesn't work that way.

4. Blogging is Easy

Well, most of us had this misconception and trust me, we end up getting damned, by experience. Most times just searching for the right title takes more time than writing the post. I spend more than an hour in crafting just one post and In addition to writing the posts, each posts have to formatted, proof-read, and edited and you still need to search for images or photographs to be edited by you. So how easy has blogging been for.

5. Everything have been blogged thus nothing to blog about.

There is nothing that have been blogged about that can not be re-blogged, what matters is your uniqueness. There are tons of blog posts pointing to the same direction but in different tones.

So what blogging misconception do or did you have?

1 Like

Re: Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have by Blogtrovert(f): 10:37am On Jan 04, 2017
Re: Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2017
Tell us how to gain traffic.

Oya EPP.
Re: Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have by Blogtrovert(f): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Oya EPP.

Will share an article about it soon... Traffic doesn't come in a day, you need to earn it...
Re: Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have by Blogtrovert(f): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Oya EPP.

article coming soon... stick around my profile...
Re: Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have by thatholykid13: 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
cool thread OP ...

Get your US / GERMANY / UK ADSENSE ACCOUNT PIN VERIFICATION WITH EASE.

CHECK THE THREAD @ https://www.nairaland.com/3553484/google-adsense-pin-verification-germany#52510943
Re: Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have by ayufun: 5:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
Not seeing blogging as a business Not Seeing blogging as a capital intensive project Not practising blogging as an evolution of journalism
Re: Some Blogging Misconceptions Individuals Have by ayufun: 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
+ Not seeing blogging as a business.
+ Not Seeing blogging as a capital intensive project.
+ Not practising blogging as an evolution of journalism

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Some Stupid Problem You Willconuter In Bulksms Business / Guys Pls I Need Your Help Which Other Niche Is Good With Tech Blog / Modified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.