Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,507 members, 7,944,483 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

The First Ever Course Advisor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The First Ever Course Advisor (452 Views)

The First Ever Course Advisor Event / The Certified Course Advisor Is Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First Ever Course Advisor by courseadivsor: 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
My name is SeyiFunmi Meg Ricketts.
Proud citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Real omo ibile, born, bred and schooled in Lagos, here in Nigeria.

So when I speak ( in this case write), know that I not only do so from Intellectual knowledge, but also from Experiential Knowledge.
I am Nigeria First Ever Course Advisor for all admission seekers. So why this path?

Version A.
Well, maybe it's because I swam and survived 6 years of the university system as an undergraduate, and yes I did it in this 21st century, or maybe it's because im tired of seeing applicants in their torrents, both young and old desperately struggling year in year out to gain Admission into the university or any of our tertiary institution.

Had the fight ended there, I wouldn't have been too bothered, but like the popular aluta slogan... "struggle continua", a lot of Jambites or Freshers struggle all through their stay in the University. Who didn't, I did too and i have plenty course mates who did . Infact, some didn't survive it. Lol.

And it's not the struggle for survival as defined by Maslow in man hierarchy of needs, that one sef dey- but this one is the struggle to stay afloat.

See, the struggle to stay afloat in any course of study is real mehn. Especially when you are in a course you had the wrong impression of or one you completely had no clue of before applying - Course Misrepresentation.

You applied because you like the name or you believe it's juicy enough to secure you a lifetime table in GTB or Mobil. Better rethink! .

I remember my life as a four years student of Mathematics, Kai you go fear Mechanics and statistics naa. Many thanks to Gallant comrades like Ksquare, Femsam, Fisayo, Ajetaiwo ati berber lor who helped me stayed afloat.

Respect to fallen heroes...you all know yourselves( I know you can see this post,but don't worry, I won't say anything Lol).

Mathematics wasn't easy, lectures was tiring, most lecturers were mean, test were dreadful and exams were JoyKillers.

Holidays were the only times we get to be human. We would openly stand against ASUU strike, but in our mind we were secretly hoping and praying " mek dem never call am off now o".

And that was how I waddled and mumbled and ... you know until the thing finished me, well, almost finished me for I had to jump into another canoe going in a different direction, who wants to die.

Here I am today, running a programme in Guidance and Counseling, a veteran recounting my war story to upcoming new recruits - Be guided, let me guide you through the murky waters of higher Institution.

Three pitfalls I so need you to avoid are the Course BCM .

My second mission as an Educator is to adequately Inform & Prepare every admission seeker on what it means to select a particular discipline of study - you better be guided, why make a mistake you can avoid?

Come and learn from the survivors.
Let me help you gain clarity.

Have you registered for the Course Adviser Online Seminar?
If Not, you better do...

I am The Course Advisor and you don't have to walk alone again.

(1) (Reply)

Read This Before You Obtain The JAMB 2017 Form / The University Of Gothenburg International Scholarships / The Real Story About Lautech Students And Gov. Ajimobi Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.