Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,591 members, 7,892,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 11:35 AM

Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out (698 Views)

10 Slangs Only Nigerians Can Understand (hilarious) / What Do You Think About Newspapers In This Era Of Social Media? / •• 15 Popular Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings•• (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by Kelklein(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
I have been around long enough to see different slangs being used around here. Some were used with reference to contemporary issues or happenings in the polity. Some just for the fun of it. Check them out.

1. Wetin consign me era
This was the Nigerian version of the popular Hermit's None Of My Business. We saw different Naija memes showing nonchalance attitude to any issue being discussed online.

2. There is God era
This was made popular by the former Nigerian First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan over her outburst regarding the abduction of Chibok girls by the Boko Haram Insurgents. The internet world took over and there was God in everything we were doing online. Quite an era.

3. The change era
This was during the campaign before the last election that ousted the former ruling party. The entire internet world (not just NL) keyed into the Change mantra, making different memes, Bible verses and Caricature of the former President's arrival in his country home. Now we are living the change and of course enjoying it. Quite an era also.

4. Trash for Lawma era
We all remember this slang made popular by Baddosneh.
Somehow we referred every yeye trash talk to Lawma for necessary action.

5. come and collect it era
This reign together with the Lawma slang. It was made popular by Don Jazzy. You know the story.

6. The missing era
You remember a time in this country when two ships missed. That was a small one, an entire country budget missed and no one knew its whereabout. We saw different memes showing how people were looking for the missing budget in unlikely places. It was funny tho.

7. Zuma 5 & 6 era
Ok.. This was a meme. I'm sure Zuma himself must have seen this on the Nigerian internet space. Cos everywhere comparison is made, his two-finger picture drives home the point.

8. The other room era
Ok..this era was brief. It came when Sai Baba tried to define the limited duties of his wife in far away Germany, as restricted to the Kitchen, living room and the other room. Ladies didn't like it online when you send them to the other room. grin

9. Endtime era
OK.. This era reigned supreme. It was so popularly used nobody thought we would ever get over it. Every incident became a sign of endtime, one would think life would have ended by now. Quite an era.

10. Of course you all know what is reigning now... Not that I give a f*#k if you do..
This has been remixed in different memes in every forms possible.
Trust me like every era, this too would pass..

Feel free to add any era I must have missed..

©kelklein

lalasticlala, Seun

Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
And who give a f**k about this post?
Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by iOluwaMichael(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
IDGAF
Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by eightsin(m): 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
No f**k to give.
Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by softMarket(m): 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
I have fvcked all my fvck!
So I don't have any fvck to give!
Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by ayobase(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
The GARRI era - This era gave Seun a nightmare. Well, you wouldn't know of the era if you are new on here.

Picture or idonbelivit era - this comes and goes.
Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by Kelklein(m): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
ayobase:
The GARRI era - This era gave Seun a nightmare. Well, you wouldn't know of the era if you are new on here.

Picture or idonbelivit era - this comes and goes.
yaaa How could I have missed that... Pishure or idonbilivit
Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
No fvck around town. Cant get 1 anywhere. I just can't possibly give a damn fvck
Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by benedictnsi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
You missed Oga at the top era....

You miss who e epp

And adonbeliveit
Re: Different Era Of Slangs On Nairaland.. Check Them Out by Bayhaqqi: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
those who give a Bleep went the other way

(1) (Reply)

. / This Photo Gat Me Rolling On The Floor ;D / Yoruba Actor Pastor Ajidara Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.