Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison (1070 Views)

Intended Couple Die Naked In Kano / 7 Family Members Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers State (Disturbing Photo) / Family Of 7 Killed In Benin By Suspected Generator Fumes (Graphic Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by AjayiWrites: 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
The viral News that a Liberian couple based in Minnesota ate poisoned food served by the mans brother because he was sent monies to build properties he did not want to hand over is NOT TRUE...

FrontPageAfrica has authoritatively gathered from family and investigative sources that the death of the couple whose remains were found on December 25, 2016, their wedding anniversary day, at their Chocolate City residence in Monrovia, was a result from asphyxiation, secondary to carbon monoxide.A family source informed FrontPageAfrica that they were informed by the Dr. Christopher Chinedu Obiorah, an Anatomical Pathologist from Nigeria, who conducted autopsy on the remains of Lawrence and Shelly Gross that he discovered that their remains had swollen brains which is consistent with carbon monoxide inhalation. .

Corroborating the preliminary autopsy report, FrontPage Africa also gathered from Police sources that a 1.5 KVA Ruina gasoline generator was placed in the garage of house to provide electricity for an air condition that was being installed in the guest room of the house where the Gross stayed.

According to a Police source, the garage in which the generator was placed did not have an opening for the smoke to exit; as a result the smoke circulated in the house.

“The poisonous gas was concentrated in the deceased room which faced directly across the hallway where the inner door to the garage is located.
The house’s windows too are air tight so ventilation was very poor in the house. You see, the thing about carbon monoxide is that it is odorless, tasteless and colorless. It is very difficult to detect and it’s very dangerous.

The sad thing was that there was no exhaust pipe connected to the generator for the smoke to exit the building,” the Police source said. Also writing on Gofundme, their son, said: "On December 23rd, Lawrenece and Shelly Gross Left Minneasota for Liberia to go celebrate their wedding anniversary, which fell on December 25th.

Unfortunately instead of this day being a day of celebration it became a day of tragedy. It was announced on Xmas Day they were found dead in their room from the suffocation of generator smoke."

Sources:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/us-based-couple-die-from-generator.html

http://www.frontpageafricaonline.com/index.php/news/2946-liberia-s-minn-couple-saga-report-sources-point-to-death-by-asphyxiation-carbon-monoxide

Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by AjayiWrites: 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
Lalasticlala, please, lets take this to front page oo
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by madridguy(m): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
May God accept their soul.
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by sarrki(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
We should have learned from previous news

Rip
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by Gabflex: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
na "I beta pass my neighbour" dem dey use.
how is it possible for d fumes to enter an enclosed room and I'm sure dey were poisoned
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Buhari has brought an incalculable hardship on Nigerians and Africans in general. People are dying like chicken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by AjayiWrites: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
Freedom2016:
Buhari has brought an incalculable hardship on Nigerians and Africans in general. People are dying like chicken.

Oga, they are not Nigerians, they are Liberians... Pls read the story again
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by ayobase(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
Same thing I was telling my wife yesterday - and here we have it.

We shouldn't be too quick to make news from uninvestigated invents - only God knows the state of the rumoured brother who was mentioned.

1 Like

Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
AjayiWrites:

Oga, they are not Nigerians, they are Liberians... Pls read the story again

Read my comment again and tell me you didn't see Africans. Nigerians and carelessness in reasoning!
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by AjayiWrites: 10:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
Freedom2016:

Read my comment again and tell me you didn't see Africans. Nigerians and carelessness in reasoning!

Hmmm, so whats the business of Buhari in a Liberian death...
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by dotman4real007(m): 11:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
chaii what a scary way to go.
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by Zenlife: 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
AjayiWrites:

Hmmm, so whats the business of Buhari in a Liberian death...

Anybody's death from CO2 poisoning from generator fumes which is the forte in Nigeria, concerns Buhari whose minister of power falsely promised putting an end to primal darkness in 6 months, Failed and still on seat.
Many likely have died from same cause in Nigeria, but quack governance and ruinous officials and medics hide the truth.
Unfortunately.
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by AjayiWrites: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by NevetsIbot(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
who gives a fvck?
Me
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by nigeriancuban: 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
See what buhari have caused, tell me why won't I give a Bleep?
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by ArabMopol(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
dullard grandpa Buhari how can you be this wicked... give us constant power supply you no go agree... it will never be well with your soul
Re: US Based Couple Die From Generator Fumes And Not Food Poison by obyrich(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
ayobase:
Same thing I was telling my wife yesterday - and here we have it.

We shouldn't be too quick to make news from uninvestigated invents - only God knows the state of the rumoured brother who was mentioned.

Exactly why I detest jungle justice. I pray the brother who had been hitherto accused for their death is still alive.

(1) (Reply)

Man Killed In A Church Premises In Calabar(photos) / MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) / Seventh Day Adventist Pastor Shot Dead By Armed Robbers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.