Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Youth, The Biggest Casualty Of Engr.dave Umahi's Administration In Ebonyi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth, The Biggest Casualty Of Engr.dave Umahi's Administration In Ebonyi State (730 Views)

Dave Umahi Endorses Buhari For Second Term In 2019 / "Buhari’s Recovery Is A Miracle" - Dave Umahi, Ebonyi Governor / Osinbajo, Akpabio, Ngige At FG Report Card Of Buhari's Administration In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth, The Biggest Casualty Of Engr.dave Umahi's Administration In Ebonyi State by Stone123(m): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
The quest for better leadership and better life had propelled Ebony electorates to vote out the then governor of Ebonyi state Chief Martins Elechi. Elechi ruled the state with iron fist. He believed he could crush any opposition on his way to installing his preferred governorship candidate. Alas! Powerful forces within and outside the twisted his fist and subdued him for the deputy turned enemy. However, nearly two years into the administration, the suffering of the Ebonyians seems not to abate as Engr. Dave has shown no sign of ameliorating the suffering of Ebonyians especially the youth. The youth seems to be the biggest casualty of his administration.
On June 12, 2016, Vanguard published news with caption “Umahi set to empower 2,400 youths”. According to Vanguard, the governor is set to deploy six hundred million naira (#600,000,000) to empower at least 2,400 women and youth in the state in August 2016. The news was greeted with a vote of thanks from all sectors in the state and Nigeria at large. The question begging for answers is who are these youths? I made my findings and can authoritatively tell you that no one from Onicha, Afikpo south and north local govt benefitted from the empowerment. Or is the governor yet to release the fund meant for the empowerment? If you are a youth and have benefitted from it please let us know.
The most annoying is the forgotten Ebonyi youth on Ebony state govt oversea scholarship who has been abandoned to their fate by the govt. These are youths of inestimable value that no govt anywhere in the world would want to joke with. About 40 PhD students on Ebonyi state govt oversea scholarship has been abandoned by the state govt and the time and fund already expended on the program is at verge of being wasted if govt fail to act fast and save the poor students from frustration. These guys are either in their final or second year and only require amount not up to half of the fund used to purchase SUVs for the old traditional rulers.
News was everywhere sometime around September 2016 that the school fees and maintenance fees of these young stars had been paid and a lot of praises went for the governor. I also eulogized him naively believing that the fees had been cleared until I had a chat with one of the scholars who told me the governor only released three million naira (#3,000,000) to each of the students which was paid into their local account in Nigeria. The money release is less than six thousand dollars ($6,000) which is not even enough to offset already accrued bills for the past one year that the students did not received a dime from the govt. It is unheard of that a governor will abandon the youth who are the future of the state and resort to empowering the old traditional rulers who has little or nothing to offer to the state by budgeting and spending over five hundred million naira (#500,000,000) to purchase exotic jeep for them and even promised to increase their salary.
I will not conclude that Ebonyians are unlucky in electing good leaders. The electorates are only blindfolded by peanut they collect from those vying for elective positions and fail to look inward for those who have genuine interest to govern the state.

This is the real situation of things in Ebonyi State presently as succinctly outlined by IKENNA IGWE.
Re: Youth, The Biggest Casualty Of Engr.dave Umahi's Administration In Ebonyi State by ThinkSmarter: 3:19am On Jan 05, 2017
Stone123:
Elechi ruled the state with iron fist. He believed he could crush any opposition on his way to installing his preferred governorship candidate. Alas! Powerful forces within and outside the twisted his fist and subdued him for the deputy turned enemy
U mean u purportedly clamoured for the Election of the current governor, Dave Umahi against the wish of Elechi, who u alleged ruled with iron fist and at the same time wanted to impose another gov on Ebonyi people?
The electorates are only blindfolded by peanut they collect from those vying for elective positions and fail to look inward for those who have genuine interest to govern the state.
This is the real situation of things in Ebonyi State presently as succinctly outlined by IKENNA IGWE.
But nw u hv turned out to be a wailer, even when it's clear that u re one of the youth that were blindfolded by peanuts they collected.
I am from Ebonyi, even though I supported Elechi's Labour party candidate during the elections, but I must attest that
#DaveIsWorking.
#EbonyiStateIsOnTheRise.
Re: Youth, The Biggest Casualty Of Engr.dave Umahi's Administration In Ebonyi State by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:42am On Jan 05, 2017
So your problem is that you don't anyone who benefitted from the 600million youth empowerment?
Re: Youth, The Biggest Casualty Of Engr.dave Umahi's Administration In Ebonyi State by udumosam23(m): 7:17am On Jan 05, 2017
I am from Ebonyi, even though I supported Elechi's Labour party candidate during the elections, but I must attest that
#DaveIsWorking.
#EbonyiStateIsOnTheRise.[/quote]

O yea #Daveisworking. But this young man is making a point. I also heard about the youths empowerment and was told sometime they were called to Abakaliki. I remember I advised that rather than call all the youths to headquarters why not use the zonal format or better still local govt.

How will someone at Edda contemplate at paying his fare to Abakaliki when he's not even sure that he'll be considered.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

nobody is elected vice president. that why they get sack / Three South-east Governors About To Decamp To Apc – Okorocha / All Liepods Must Worship Oracles By Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.