Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,607 members, 7,979,045 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:06 PM

Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage (15226 Views)

How To Estimate The Cost of A Mini construction Project / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by andymofia(m): 8:14am On Jan 06, 2017
Nonesense

naijablood:
Forget the believe that orgasm is only for men..Most men fail to always help their women get to the promise land leaving the woman halfway clueless and disappointed..

Try these 4 outstanding s*x position via the link and BOOM she goes!!

http://www.exposeline.com/2017/01/05/4-outstanding-sex-position-make-lover-reach-climax/
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by adahpatrick: 8:19am On Jan 06, 2017
Wow.... so this Nepa guys have been over billing me.... imagine oo i used the calculator and its showing N4, 567 and dis nepa guys go dey give me 12,000 naira God dey ooo.

At op tanks for enlighten us... nice one

Also pleas what is the generator stuff about??
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by energywatchng: 8:26am On Jan 06, 2017
For their to be an increase in your bill from 5 mil to 7 mil their can be 3 major reasons
1. Was their an increase in your availability during this period??
2. Did you add additional electrical load to your facility??
3. Was there increase in production or usuage of electrical appliances in your facilities??

just review those questions and get back to us. then we proceed from there

Milito:

Alright, thank you. I'll send you a mail.

IKEDC installed one metre at one of our facilities and since the metre was installed, our least bill has been 5m per month. For Nov, they even went a step further and billed us 7m despite that they only supplied 194hrs of electricity for the month. I'm seriously of the opinion that the metre is not giving accurate readings.

Anyways, we'll talk more directly.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by energywatchng: 8:30am On Jan 06, 2017
The considering generator is a basic advisory on the rating of generator we advise you to buy for the appliances you listed ... having taken consideration of your load and giving a 20% allowance to prevent over loaded of the generator. for more tips visit www.energywatchng.com Thanks
adahpatrick:
Wow.... so this Nepa guys have been over billing me.... imagine oo i used the calculator and its showing N4, 567 and dis nepa guys go dey give me 12,000 naira God dey ooo.

At op tanks for enlighten us... nice one

Also pleas what is the generator stuff about??
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Osastoyo: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2017
This is really Nice. Thank you for this post.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Chukazu: 9:25am On Jan 06, 2017
nony43:
No light high tariff, EEDC is the worst we don't have light in December, we are on night plan in Aba , and they gave us 8k bill only for December

I sincerely believe that every state should have it own DISCO, putting the energy need of an entire region in the hands of one DISCO who knows next to nothing about electricity management is simply absurd.. Emeka OFFER and the rest are only out to reap where they haven't sowed

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 06, 2017
moscobabs:
I pay 2-3k for my electricity bill monthly in Ijoko Ogun state.I don't need to complain even if its 5k cos it worth it. But to be sincere with you we are having up to 18 hours light in that area. PHCN are really improving in Nigeria

God bless Fashola

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria

In this country? Unless you stay in an industrial area.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Ups01(m): 9:57am On Jan 06, 2017
moscobabs:
I pay 2-3k for my electricity bill monthly in Ijoko Ogun state.I don't need to complain even if its 5k cos it worth it. But to be sincere with you we are having up to 18 hours light in that area. PHCN are really improving in Nigeria

God bless Fashola

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria

mine is 22hrs Constant

1 Like

Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by sanerugwei: 10:15am On Jan 06, 2017
To make your app better consider making it possible to Also be able to remove appliances.
Its called user friendliness in app development.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by sanerugwei: 10:21am On Jan 06, 2017
agabusta:
Supply has massively improved in Lagos. I'm getting an average of 15hours supply on the mainland.

Fashola is gradually turning things around. Kudos to him. I hope the haters will not come and alledge it's the rains again.

For those whose supply is still not encouraging could you please post your location.

Keep deceiving yourself.
How many new megawatts has Fasholaor APC govt as a whole added to the power grid since 2015, or do you think its magi?
That you are getting any improvements at all means that some other areas are now suffering more due to the obvious inefficiencies in the power supply chain in 9ja.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by energywatchng: 10:33am On Jan 06, 2017
Thanks for your observation... there is a remove button by the right end of each selected appliance, attached is a pics to show you
sanerugwei:
To make your app better consider making it possible to Also be able to remove appliances.
Its called user friendliness in app development.

Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by agabusta: 10:33am On Jan 06, 2017
sanerugwei:

Keep deceiving yourself.
How many new megawatts has Fasholaor APC govt as a whole added to the power grid since 2015, or do you think its magi?
That you are getting any improvements at all means that some other areas are now suffering more due to the obvious inefficiencies in the power supply chain in 9ja.

It is you that is actually deceiving yourself. It is not only about adding MW. If the efficiency of the system is improved, it will result in greater supply.

During the rains when the improvement started, you lots claimed it was because of rain. Infact if not for the senseless bombings by Avengers, we would have been enjoying far better supply.

Why is it so difficult for you people to throw in some commendation if progress is observed. It won't take anything from you.

If there is no improvement at your location, you better let us know the DISCO supplying you, to confirm if it's among those rejecting supply from the transmission company of Nigeria. Or didn't you read the story of some discos turning down supply?
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by sanerugwei: 11:14am On Jan 06, 2017
agabusta:

It is you that is actually deceiving yourself. It is not only about adding MW. If the efficiency of the system is improved, it will result in greater supply.

During the rains when the improvement started, you lots claimed it was because of rain. Infact if not for the senseless bombings by Avengers, we would have been enjoying far better supply.

Why is it so difficult for you people to throw in some commendation if progress is observed. It won't take anything from you.

If there is no improvement at your location, you better let us know the DISCO supplying you, to confirm if it's among those rejecting supply from the transmission company of Nigeria. Or didn't you read the story of some discos turning down supply?
There you go again jumping into what you know nothing about.
What efficiency are you talking about?
What is the current conservative energy need of Nigeria as a whole, and what is the current installed capacity across the value chain.
Maybe that is too much let's break it down for you, to make it easier for you I will use numbers.
To attain at at least 12 hours daily Nigeria needs to generate and distribute about 20,000 megawatts.
If you put together all the power plants today and assume that they are very efficient, you will still have less than 8000 megawatts.
Dont forget when you take of value chain for power we are looking at generation, transmission and then distribution.
Which of these has your power minister efficiently improved?
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by yasolan(m): 11:15am On Jan 06, 2017
moscobabs:

God bless Fashola

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria
If I may ask which part of ijoko, light is not good here o
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
The Lat time we got light in our area at usiefurun road in Orhuworun, Udu local govt area of Delta state was 7:39pm on the 1st of January 2017. BEDC staff seem not to know the meaning of essential services hence they don't fix faults on weekends/night or work 24/7. They also don't like people with prepaid meters, as they always complain of not making enough revenue from users of prepaid meters. However, from my findings, the field staff makes more by encouraging people with analogue meters by slamming them with high bills and asking that they be settled on the spot to avoid disconnection.
Sometime last year, my group embarked on a medical research project. something we eventually jettison midway as a result of unreliable power supply from BEDC and the high cost of running power generator in an hyper-inflated economy. Now I wonder how any good(s) produced locally can compete with same produced in places where cost of energy is cheap and readily available. My take at the end is that all these so called xxDCs should be either scrapped or totally re-structured.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by sanerugwei: 11:25am On Jan 06, 2017
energywatchng:
Thanks for your observation... there is a remove button by the right end of each selected appliance, attached is a pics to show you
Then, you may need to optimize it for mobile devices cos those remove buttons are not showing on mobile, at least Android.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by lilreese: 11:50am On Jan 06, 2017
oh
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by agabusta: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
sanerugwei:

What is the current conservative energy need of Nigeria as a whole, and what is the current installed capacity across the value chain.
Maybe that is too much let's break it down for you, to make it easier for you I will use numbers.
To attain at at least 12 hours daily Nigeria needs to generate and distribute about 20,000 megawatts.
If you put together all the power plants today and assume that they are very efficient, you will still have less than 8000 megawatts.
Dont forget when you take of value chain for power we are looking at generation, transmission and then distribution.

Bros I manage offices all over the country. Let me give you first hand experience. Not story. Most of our offices in the North- Kano, Kaduna and Abuja record an average of 55-60% public power supply in a month since the middle of last year. The ones in Lagos at Ikeja zone about 50% supply, while those in Eko zone, their record fluctuates between 30% - 45%. Eko's supply has recently improved seriously since December. Port Harcourt is also not doing badly. They give us about 40% power in a month. The ones that are not giving much power is Benin and Enugu Electricity. I have dealings with virtually all the Discos in Nigeria on a commercial basis. On a personal residential basis, I can only talk about Eko, which has been delivering an average of 15hours daily to my area since December.

Now talking threoreticals as per available record and media reports, the total installed capacity of all the generating plants in Nigeria is about 10,000MW. But the transmission chain does not have the capacity to even wheel everything out if produced. Most of the generating plants are producing far below their capacity. And the FG is giving support to the plants to produce close to their capacity.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by agabusta: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
sanerugwei:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/07/fashola-unveils-roadmap-for-boosting-electricity-generation/

By Ejiofor Alike

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola yesterday unveiled federal government’s roadmap for boosting electricity generation through incremental power, saying that the government is looking at what the country could generate out of the existing power assets.

Delivering a public lecture in Lagos yesterday, the minister stated that the country has 26 power plants, with three powered by water in Jebba, Kainji and Shiroro, while the rest of the plants are powered by gas.

According to him, the country has 140 turbines with installed capacity of 12,341 megawatts, adding however that at the best of times, only about 78 turbines generate power, which had resulted in February 2, 2016 peak of 5,074 MW.

“The problems have been identified as either damaged, unmaintained or unserviced turbines in the hydro power plants, and in the cases of gas plants, it is largely non-availability of gas, coupled with lack of maintenance.”

Fashola said the Jebba Hydro power plant, which was commissioned in 1985 by President Muhammadu Buhari with six turbines to provide 540MW of power, were to be overhauled once every 5-6 years but this was never done for 28 years, until it was handed over in 2013, in the aftermath of the privatisation.

According to him, the first overhaul has now been completed and more will be undertaken and described this effort as incremental power.

Fashola, whose lecture was on ‘Nigeria’s Electricity Challenge: A Roadmap for Change,’ also noted that in a report recently submitted to his office by the concessionaire of Jebba and Kainji, the total available capacity of the two plants is 482 MW and 340 MW respectively totaling 822 MW.

He described the plan by the investors to boost the generation to 1338 MW as incremental power.

The minister further stated that when the Egbin Power plant in Ikorodu, which was delivered in 1985 during the tenure of President Babangida had six turbines with total capacity of 1,320 MW but when it was handed over in 2013, it had only two functional turbines of 400MW generating capacity.

“I was at the plant in December 2015, to switch on Turbine 6, which means all the six turbines have been restored. This is incremental power. But these are just examples of the maintenance and technical challenges we grapple with daily in the government from the President, to the Vice-President, and the Ministry which seek to manage the men and women. Let me share with you some of the human and administrative challenges, relating to incremental power,” he explained.

Fashola recalled what he called the announcement of an alleged “commissioning” of a power plant in Edo State by the last administration during the election campaign.

“This was the Azura power project meant to deliver 450 Megawatts. In reality, what took place was only the turning of the sod. The main activity, which were government securities and guarantees to enable the financing of the project were never issued. This was delayed for about a year. It was the Buhari administration that prioritised this, resolved it, and work has now started with 422 workers on site and estimated completion date of December 2018. This is the road to incremental power,” he added.

He also recalled the Aba Power plant initiated by Prof. Barth Nnaji to generate140 MW and ring fence Aba for dedicated power, long before he was ever appointed minister.

According to Fashola, the former minister had an agreement given to him by the federal government, which assured him that the plant would never be sold in the event of privatisation.

He revealed that the same government later made another agreement, ignoring the original one, and sold Enugu Disco to a new owner, which included Aba Power.

The minister noted that none of the two parties should be blamed as both of them had legitimate contracts, which were conflicting and issued by the same government.

“Instead of spending their energy and resources completing the power plants and delivering electricity, they were forced to spend their resources and energy seeking to untie themselves from the problems created by government since 2013. This government has waded into the matter, and, through the Vice President, directed our ministry to facilitate reconciliation, and with the cooperation of the parties, their sense of patriotism, we got the parties out-of-court in a settlement three years after.

“We are now formalising their papers so that they can operate independently and collaborate to supply power to Aba and Enugu Distribution that covers most of the East instead of fighting in court. Solving the problems of yesterday is the road to incremental power,” Fashola explained.

He also disclosed that the Zungeru Power Plant, meant to deliver 700 MW in Niger state, was held up in court for several years.

According to him, “although the project is now three years behind, the dispute has been resolved, parties are out of court, over 800 workers are back on site and this should deliver incremental power”.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by agabusta: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
energywatchng:
Are you an electricity user?
Do you have a meter?
Is your meter bad?
Are you been given crazy bills?
Do you want to have an idea of your actual electricity consumption?
Do you want to have an idea of what you should be billed?

This is for you

www.energywatchng.com/billingcalculator

Here is how it works

Your Disco: You select the disco that is covering your area e.g. Ikeja disco for a resident of Surulere

Your Tariff: You select the tariff class use by your disco for billing you e.g. R2S for single phase residential customer

Supply Availability: This is the average number of hours you have light in a day e.g. in Allen we have light averagely of 13 hours (This supply availability will act as a guard so you dont put appliance usuage greater than the number of hours you have light).

Your Appliances: you select your various appliances, the quantity

Daily usuage: this is the number of minutes you use a particular selected appliances calculated in minutes (60 mins = 1 hour) so if u use it for 4 hous u put (4 x 60) = 240 mins.

Add Appliance: You click this to add a selected appliance, so u can select other ones

when you done you click calculate energy & billing. (5% VAT inclusive with the current tariff rate).

Be sincere when rating your consumption so you can have an accurate answer, also make sure you have a good internet connection to run the calculation.

here is the link www.energywatchng.com/billingcalculator/

Drop questions here if you having difficulties.

Very nice app. Keep up the good work. It will open very big doors for you some day. I'm really impressed.

I have a suggestion. The MYTO-2015 for 2017 tarrif seems to have taken effect by claims by some people that BEDC is now charging them higher. So you have to update your app to reflect the new prices for the year 2017.

Kind regards,
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by moscobabs(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
yasolan:

If I may ask which part of ijoko, light is not good here o
Shine shine area to oyero and onipetesi

So which area u stay
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by moscobabs(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
opal4real:

Guy come to my area at ijoko and confirm sometimes we pray that NEPA takes light so our bill will not much
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by yasolan(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
moscobabs:

Shine shine area to oyero and onipetesi

So which area u stay
At ója ijoko, never knew light was good at those places
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by ceasare: 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
Chukazu:

I sincerely believe that every state should have it own DISCO, putting the energy need of an entire region in the hands of one DISCO who knows next to nothing about electricity management is simply absurd.. Emeka OFFER and the rest are only out to reap where they haven't sowed

2 hands in d air 4 u.....I wonder why decentralizing Nepa
Is more difficult than going to d moon in Naija!
Let every state or local govt have its own individual gencos and disco.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Donsammi(m): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
opal4real:

I stay in Abuja . I get light sometimes 24hrs and it goes maybe for maximum of 2hrs and minimum of 5min and its back .and a pay N1000k a month. I use prepaid meter ..
this December they reduced the units of 1000 naira to 39.0 units ...next I am paying for 2k
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Josephnice: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
What kind of electricity calculation would entails you adding up your appliances? That's the work of your meter whose reading is dependant on the number of home electrical appliances you have.
Calculate it this way: mark the last reading, subtract it from the present reading, multiply the result by the tariff billing( rs2 24.08), add the Vat 5% of the total sum that's your supposed billing for that month
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
Donsammi:
I stay in Abuja . I get light sometimes 24hrs and it goes maybe for maximum of 2hrs and minimum of 5min and its back .and a pay N1000k a month. I use prepaid meter ..
this December they reduced the units of 1000 naira to 39.0 units ...next I am paying for 2k

Ewo!!! Una dey enjoy eh! I pay 3k5 monthly for an average of 3 to 5hrs electricity daily. I have paid for pre-paid meter for 3 months and all i keep hearing is "we do not have meters on ground, please be patient"
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
moscobabs:

Guy come to my area at ijoko and confirm sometimes we pray that NEPA takes light so our bill will not much

Una dey enjoy oh! I envy u. i wish we fit swap houses for one month.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
moscobabs:

Una dey enjoy oh! I envy u i wish we fit swap houses for one month.
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by Donsammi(m): 5:50am On Jan 07, 2017
opal4real:

Ewo!!! Una dey enjoy eh! I pay 3k5 monthly for an average of 3 to 5hrs electricity daily. I have paid for pre-paid meter for 3 months and all i keep hearing is "we do not have meters on ground, please be patient"
lol NEPA will not like to give that meter ooh.the meter was given to us free ooh .. according to em na Testdrive ..abi na 2013 .buh where is that..?
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by swagifted(m): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2017
loveme112:
OURS IS FIXED.. THEY DON'T EVEN CARE IF YOUR METER DE READ OR NOT... 10K EVERY MONTH.., WHERE'S NIGERIA GOING TO?
are you using pre paid meter? V
Re: Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage by energywatchng: 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
What of People without Meters
Josephnice:
What kind of electricity calculation would entails you adding up your appliances? That's the work of your meter whose reading is dependant on the number of home electrical appliances you have.
Calculate it this way: mark the last reading, subtract it from the present reading, multiply the result by the tariff billing( rs2 24.08), add the Vat 5% of the total sum that's your supposed billing for that month

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Your Electrical & Plumbing Installation Services(Email or Call Us) / A Nairalander's Ceiling Designs / IF U Need Genue Lands In Badagry At An Affordable Price Call Me 08060989506

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.