Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,313 members, 7,887,944 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:46 PM

“I Am Glad To Host My Brother, Orji Kalu At My Residence" - Gen. Ihejirika Rtd. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Am Glad To Host My Brother, Orji Kalu At My Residence" - Gen. Ihejirika Rtd. (755 Views)

Dasukigate: EFCC Grills Ihejirika / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Told Me – Orji Kalu / Orji Uzor Kalu At University Of Nigeria, Nsukka, Gyrating With Kegites Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Am Glad To Host My Brother, Orji Kalu At My Residence" - Gen. Ihejirika Rtd. by Aguoru122: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2017
Eminent businessman and former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has called on Nigerians to bury their differences in the New Year for the sake of peace, unity and progress.

Kalu made these remarks on Wednesday at a dinner hosted in his honour by former Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika at his Isuikwuato country home.

The businessman cum politician noted that for development to thrive in Abia State, stakeholders must come together as one, regardless of political, economic and religious differences, adding that the collective interest of Abians is superior to individual ambitions.

His words: “In the spirit of the new year, I am here to enjoy the merriment of the festive season with Gen. Ihejirika.

“As major stakeholders in Abia State, this is an opportunity for us to appraise the state of development in the state in a bid to improve the common lots of the people.

“We were also privileged to exchange profound ideas and share experiences in our careers, community service and life generally.

“I am highly delighted with the wonderful reception accorded me and my entourage by Gen. Ihejirika and his family.”

In his response, Gen. Ihejirika said: “I am glad to host my brother, former Governor Orji Kalu at my residence.

“Unknown to many, my relationship with Dr. Orji Kalu dates back to the early 1980s when Kalu was friends with my colleagues and seniors in the Nigerian Army.

“We shall continue to build and sustain relationships beyond our community for the sake of development.

I want to admonish Abia sons and daughters at home and abroad to contribute their quota to the progress of Abia State by investing in the state.”

The army general urged other well-meaning indigenes of the state to exchange visits as a way of promoting togetherness.

The dinner was attended by Chief Solomon Akuma (SAN), Dr. Benson Dadigi, Prince Enwezoh Obidigbo, Chief Mascot Uzor Kalu, Dr. Madukwe Ukaegbu and Barrister Ben Kalu, among other guests.

Source: Abia Breaking News™
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1786360598296638&substory_index=0&id=1554378488161518

(1) (Reply)

More Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu At The Federal High Court Today. / This Is Worth Your Time. Please Read!!! / Sultan Of Sokoto: Fundamental Human Rights Fallacy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.