Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:54 AM

Ghanaian Man Laments Over Police Unfulfilled Promise After Six Years - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ghanaian Man Laments Over Police Unfulfilled Promise After Six Years (284 Views)

Promise Excel Is Dead, Blogger Dies Of Heart Disease (Photos) / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Blogger Juachi Promise Ochu / Programmer Fired For Automating Job, Playing Games At Work For Six Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Laments Over Police Unfulfilled Promise After Six Years by fedpoffa: 6:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
Stephen Arthur who was shot by a Ghanaian police constable whom he failed to give some requested amount of money , has been paralysed from the waist down and has since been on admitted at the Cantonment Police Hospital .
According to Ghana Web News , Doctors at the Hospital say as he has urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, erectile dysfunction and has his muscle power reduced , subjecting him to be permanently dependent for the rest of his life with no hope of regaining lost functions in his muscles , kidney , and anal .
Despite his hospital bills been taken care of by the police with a monthly allowance of GHC 500, which was last given to him in November 2016, The Attorney -General’ s Department has failed to pay compensation to him after it was agreed to an out -of -court settlement in February 2013 .
Speaking in an interview with Joy News on yesterday, the victim who is also an orphan said:
‘ For now , my condition is bad , I am not feeling happy . I am passing through a lot because I can ’ t move now. The wheelchair I sit to move around is broken down’ .
He said his family members have stopped visiting him after learning his condition might not get any better. ‘ I am here alone , ’ he let out tears, adding , but for the courtesies of some nurses he would not get some things .
He said he has been told that the Inspector General of Police ( IGP ) , John Kudalor is yet to sign his compensation package. “I want him to do that for me .’
Asked what he would do with the package if approved, he said he would ‘ start a new life, ‘ I am tired of lying in bed .’
POSTED BY OLUSHEGUN

Get more interesting updates @ www.codedzone.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Best Jquery Plugin For Photo Gallery / Any Nigeria Hosted Adsense For Sale / No Jobs But I Get Over 10 Calls Every Day To Design Ponzi (mmm) Kind Of Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.