Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,121 members, 7,903,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS (25968 Views)

Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) / Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) / Protest By Hungry Imo Pensioners (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by Ngokafor(f): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Sorry, I do not respond to foolishness - than you.

...That sentence is wrong..Its either you say,'Sorry I do not respond to foolishness like you do.

Or

...Sorry I do not reply fools like you.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by NaMeAboki: 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ngokafor:

...That sentence is wrong..Its either you say,'Sorry I do not respond to foolishness like you do.

Or

...Sorry I do not reply fools like you.

Silence is the best answer for a fool.
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
This is one of thousands reasons Amanbra state will never allow APC evil and anti igbo to govern us we dont want them in our dear state and no body will deceive us to vote them we are seeing and hearing they evil deeds in IMO State (APC in evil )

3 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by leofab(f): 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
do you know the difference between trick and force. Cajole mean to encourage or persuade by effort. Dude the right thing there is force, compel, bully,not trick or deceit. As a synonym cajole is not right, contextually it is not strong. And you think I am not educated, funny.
so you mean the hunger is not persuasive ? Or maybe you don't know what they call forceful persuasion!!!

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by cuminside: 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
dainformant:
Pensioners in Imo State, yesterday, protested the continued refusal by Governor Rochas Okorocha to pay them their pensions which ranged between 22 and 77 months in arrears. The agitators blocked the road leading to the state government house in order to make their request known to the governor.

In the course of the protest, some pensioners gathered and poured libation to "invoke the Spirit of their Ancestors" at Okigwe Roundabout over non payment of their Pension arrears.

The latest development, which they described as ”wicked of Okorocha’s government is the plan to pay 40 percent of the accumulated arrears and gratuities and forfeit of 60 percent.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/01/imo-pensioners-invoke-spirit-of.html

APC; evil party orchestrated to punish the igbos. Imolites you are just waking up, better chase that devilish broom symbol party from your state before it's too late. I don't know why you people are the only State in igbo land that embraced this demonic party, well sorry to say that you are reaping what you sowed but it's never too late to correct your mistakes. Nothing good comes from APC, it's demonic

2 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by betterABIAstate: 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:
Did anyone noticed how these pensioners, from a so called superior educated enclave, still cannot spell?
Their slogan, in the 1st & last picture, read something like, 'Do Not Use Hunger to Coarse Pensioners Accept 40% Pension Arrears.
LOL, COARSE instead of CAUSE grin
illiterate, you see how you ended up disgracing yourself?

4 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by mickeymoore: 1:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
St.Buhari won't see anything wrong with this n call him to order just becus he is in d same party with him....Rochas God is not sleeping He is watching u
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by donbenie(m): 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:

As sharp as you are; yet you still cannot see that the two are correct and equally interchangeable - they are even phonetically sounding similar - some brains really do need overhauling.
Am sharp enough to know that the intended word is COERCE and not CAUSE and therefore IRRELEVANT in their write-up..in your haste to make mockery of them you ended up exposing your inadequacies and have been scrambling to cover up ever since..

2 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:
Did anyone noticed how these pensioners, from a so called superior educated enclave, still cannot spell?
Their slogan, in the 1st & last picture, read something like, 'Do Not Use Hunger to Coarse Pensioners Accept 40% Pension Arrears.
bro you just gave a new meaning to the word dumb undecided ,you are freaking dumb bro, i hereby certify the above comment as the dumbest comment of the year 2017 and i advise you to deactivate.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by NaMeAboki: 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
donbenie:
Am sharp enough to know that the intended word is COERCE and not CAUSE and therefore IRRELEVANT in their write-up..in your haste to make mockery of them you ended up exposing your inadequacies and have been scrambling to cover up ever since..

You are incorrigible, how could you have known what they intended to say with such certainty, are you a mind reader or what?
I have explained to you time and again that both words are correct and interchangeable in this context - there is no way anyone could fault either.
Besides, I have already made my case by correctly pointing out the error committed by the hapless pensioners and also suggesting a correct substitute word they could have used to correct their mistake.
I really don't see how anyone with a good command of English language could fault this; except of course someone fixated in bigotry and poor intelligence.
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by treelz(m): 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Okorocha right now...
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by donbenie(m): 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:

You are incorrigible, how could you have known what they intended to say with such certainty, are you a mind reader or what?
I have explained to you time and again that both words are correct and interchangeable in this context - there is no way anyone could fault either.
Besides, I have already made my case by correctly pointing out the error committed by the hapless pensioners and also suggesting a correct substitute word they could have used to correct their mistake.
I really don't see how anyone with a good command of English language could fault this; except of course someone fixated in bigotry and poor intelligence.
Believe it or not I noticed the same mistake when I went through their post,but unlike you I realized it was a SPELLING mistake not a *WORD* mistake,based on the contextual usage and you would have known it too if you were not in such a hurry to slate people old enough to be your Grandparents and thereby exposing yourself..and you know what's funny? YOU calling someone BIGOTED,I mean are you for real? If your first statement wasn't dripping with BIGOTRY and HATRED,perhaps no one would have been on your case..#IRONY

3 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by entrepreneurmic: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
SirJeffry:
Another spiritual executive slap loading... cheesy
FOR ALL WICKED RULERS.
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by BrownRoofRep: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:

And you belong to a kindergarten since you obviously still cannot read; go check the spelling in the picture again.

Read my last line

OMG! Aboki please go back to primary school.
It is spelt Coerce though.

NaMeAboki:

Silence is the best answer for a fool.

Silence is the best answer for to a fool.

Aboki please go back to primary school.

1 Like

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by wiloy2k8(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Mumu its COERCE

when you think you know more ...

2 Likes

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:

I pity your education for not knowing that both words are in fact synonyms and therefore interchangeable in this case - LOL @ rigid brain, rigid mindset.

Uncle...u can use dictionary o and not insult.

Coerce...persuade
Cause...result of
Coarse...large granular form

1 Like

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by NaMeAboki: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
donbenie:
Believe it or not I noticed the same mistake when I went through their post,but unlike you I realized it was a SPELLING mistake not a *WORD* mistake,based on the contextual usage and you would have known it too if you were not in such a hurry to slate people old enough to be your Grandparents and thereby exposing yourself..and you know what's funny? YOU calling someone BIGOTED,I mean are you for real? If your first statement wasn't dripping with BIGOTRY and HATRED,perhaps no one would have been on your case..#IRONY

Still unable to read to read correctly; refer to my 1st post and you will notice where I clearly stated that the pensioners misspelt the word.
Secondly; whether it was a spelling or (as you put it) word mistake, it doesn't negate the fact that they made a mistake and that the word 'coarse' which they chose was incorrect; and furthermore that they could have correctly used either 'cause' (which is phonetically more closer to their mistakenly chosen word) or 'coerce' instead.
As for bigotry, well you need to revise all your responses to me - or ask someone to help you out.
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by NaMeAboki: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
nwanna89:

Uncle...u can use dictionary o and not insult.

Coerce...persuade force, compel etc
Cause...result of;also compel or make e.g. someone do something/something to happen
Coarse...large granular form; rough, not fine or smooth etc.

Pls refer above and note your dictionary is narrow and incomplete - kindly consult wider.
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by elsomm(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
HammerTheirPapa:
While okoroawusa is busy wearing Isiagu and celebrating his swinging scrotum at Ghana's presidential inauguration.

I'm gud at imagining scenarios.... and now I'm visualising the *swinging scrotum*
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by ranktzy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:
I think they meant to write COAX
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by donbenie(m): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Still unable to read to read correctly; refer to my 1st post and you will notice where I clearly stated that the pensioners misspelt the word.
Secondly; whether it was a spelling or (as you put it) word mistake, it doesn't negate the fact that they made a mistake and that the word 'coarse' which they chose was incorrect; and furthermore that they could have correctly used either 'cause' (which is phonetically more closer to their mistakenly chosen word) or 'coerce' instead.
As for bigotry, well you need to revise all your responses to me - or ask someone to help you out.
To paraphrase you,'LOL COARSE INSTEAD OF CAUSE',if you were that good a scholar of English,you would have KNOWN and used the correct WORD they were searching for 'COERCE' and not interject your own CAUSE in to their sentence,it's that simple..like I said,it's a SPELLING mistake not a WORD mistake..
Maybe you need a crash course on the word BIGOTRY,if you don't see the irony of you calling another a bigot after your comment on the pensioners and then alluding their mistake to their REGION..
Unlike YOU,I have NEVER referred to nor DENIGRADE your region in the course of my comments,it's all good and fine trying to come off high and mighty..
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by NaMeAboki: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
donbenie:
To paraphrase you,'LOL COARSE INSTEAD OF CAUSE',if you were that good a scholar of English,you would have KNOWN and used the correct WORD they were searching for 'COERCE' and not interject your own CAUSE in to their sentence,it's that simple..like I said,it's a SPELLING mistake not a WORD mistake..
Maybe you need a crash course on the word BIGOT,if you don't see the irony of you calling another a bigot after your comment on the pensioners and then alluding their mistake to their REGION..
Unlike YOU,I have NEVER referred to nor DENIGRADE your region in the course of my comments,it's all good and fine trying to come off high and mighty..

Indeed, you can take a horse to the water but cannot force it to drink.

I shall therefore indulge you this last time but will longer continue arguing in an endless circle over a single point that had clearly been exhaustively dealt with - simply because of a blocked mindset that stubbornly refuses to comprehend it.

For the sake of clarity, I will suggest that you use the word 'cause' in the sentence in question and then explain to me why you should think that the said sentence is both grammatically and contextually incorrect; as well as not consistent with the message the pensioners were trying to convey - otherwise, pls just shut up.

BTW, a spelling mistake is a mistake that affects only the letters in a word; whereas a word mistake involves the substitution of the entire word for another - just like in the case at hand (which IMO is quite irrelevant in this issue).

Finally, the word you were looking for was DENIGRATE not DENIGRADE - a good example of a spelling mistake.
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by Reader1988: 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:
My brother, there is coerce, means forced.

1 Like

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by decomaniaboss(f): 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:
aboki abeg dey manage pidgin yeah

1 Like

Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by googlepikins: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Watch this video, A yorubber general begging a Fulani man for his life. Cowards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3c0WXtsgC8
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by NaMeAboki: 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
decomaniaboss:
aboki abeg dey manage pidgin yeah

Hey! Nyamura, how market, wetin bring you here?
Abeg waka comot, customer dey wait for you; he want do short time.
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by NaMeAboki: 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
Reader1988:

My brother, there is coerce, means forced.

It is customary to review previous posts that transpired before you jump into the discussion in order to avoid appearing stupid.
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by yedidiah(m): 12:56am On Jan 09, 2017
SEAMAN!! the drink of the gods. grin
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by decomaniaboss(f): 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Hey! Nyamura, how market, wetin bring you here?
Abeg waka comot, customer dey wait for you; he want do short time.
you see na pidgin fit you....leave grammar alone yeah!!!
Re: Imo Pensioners "Invoke Spirit Of Ancestors" Over Their Arrears. PICS by savio07(m): 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
NaijaMutant:
The last time Rochas was slapped by evil spirits
This time around he will go mad

Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Odubu-Led NDDC Board / Dolapo & Yemi Osinbajo Celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / APC Plans To Dissolve State Excos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.